Questions & Answers

Another Cinderella Story

Play Mystery- Beast or Hate U Love U- 2AM


(Jasmine's POV)

It's January 14th, 7:50 A.M., and yet I don't know what to do. I'm just sitting here awkwardly, with this idiot, while watching the TV screen. You know what, I'm gonna start asking questions because this is just plain weird...

"So, Byeongsil-ah," I started, and then he turned his attention toward me. "I want answers, is there a reason why you came back after I yelled at you yesterday?"

"No, not really," he replied. "Why did you yell at me yesterday?"

I looked him in disbelief, and answered, "You seriously don't know, do you?"

He just blinked as if he were lost, in which he obviously was.

"How do you not remember? It was when I was at the Sanrio® store, you and I bumped into each other, and then you got all mad because you accused me of breaking your game. Then you started to beat me up..."

"Oh.. Well, you have every right to be mad at me."

"It's okay," I assured him. "Are you sure you didn't have a real reason?" I asked him.

"A real reason for what?" he was totally oblivious.

"Why did you come back?"

"So, you want the truth?" he questioned with a serious face.

"Yes."

"Your parents..." he trailed off.

"What?" I asked him with a confused look.

"Your parents," he repeated.

"What about them?"

"They paid me," was all he said.

I chuckled, "This has to be a joke.."

He pursed his lips and said with a frown, "No, I'm dead serious."

My eyes widened as I was drinking my hot chocolate. All of sudden, I started to choke on it, and couldn't stop for 30 minutes.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"WHAT?!" I screamed at him, my eyes still wide.

"I said, 'Are you-" he started, but I cut him off.

"I KNOW WHAT YOU SAID!!" I yelled at him, frightening him. "What was their offer?" I asked him a bit calmer.

"1,000,000 won (948.45 USD)."

"Did you take it?"

He was silent for a moment. Then I was like really furious with him. You can't just make someone love you if they don't love you. Would it make sense to you if your parents paid your (possibly) future husband to love you?! I felt furious, but sad.

"Why..."

"'Why' what?" he questioned.

Why ask you anymore questions. Why be with you now, and (ever) forever? Why should I even give you a second chance in order for you to love me?

"안녕 , 어머니," I said, and left without saying anything else.

I had forgotten to grab a jacket, so I just walked home in the cold. Once I reached home, I saw my mother cooking, but I didn't pay any attention, and went straight to my room. I dragged myself to my bed, and put the covers over my body. Then I heard my mother open the door.

"Honey.. Are you-" she started the conversation, but I had cut her off.

"How could you..." I mumbled.

"Excuse me?"

"How could you do this to me?" I asked, sitting up.

"Dear, what on Earth are you talking about?" she asked me; however, I could tell she was confused.

"You paid someone to love me, in which, he doesn't," I said, sounding as if I were going to cry. I wanted to throw something at her, but I just held it in.

"You know?" she asked being puzzled.

"Apparently, lies are going to be on your face for a while..." I said, emphasizing "lies".

"Oh.. I'm sorry, I didn't-" she responded while advancing toward me to embrace me with a hug, but I just pushed her away.

"Go away," I breathed through my teeth.

Then, I immediately (but gently) pushed her out of my room. What is love? Why do we [humans] have to feel it? Why do we also feel hurt after something horrible, or even something terrible happens? Love is a feeling that should come and go as it can. Love can never be bought. If love is bought, what would we [humans] do? Love, however, is a different story that takes you to a whole new level that can't be described whether you show it or think about it.

"Hey, Misdreavous. You've got mail," My brother chuckled as he walked in. "What's wrong, Misdreavous?"

"I don't know, hodoae. I wish I could wake up from this nightmare," I sniffed, sitting up.

"I think I know how you feel," he smiled.

"How come? You have a girlfriend."

"Well, remember, Jessica Jung from a while back?" he asked.

"You mean... older, skinny girl.. brown hair, but now dyed blonde, Jessica?"

"..Ye- uh.... Yes..." he hesitated.

"Yeah, what about her?"

"One day when I confessed I liked her, she turned me down, and that was reason why I was sad and muddy that day."

"So, she turned you down, in which it made you feel sad, but it doesn't make sense on how she made you muddy."

"Actually, her boyfriend did that, but I think that's besides the point. She turned me down because she said that I didn't have a lot of money compared to Parker."

"Hopefully, Jade won't be like that either."

"Feel better?"

"I don't know... I actually feel mad know."

"Don't be," my turtle laughed. He then handed me an envelope, "Anyway, this is for you."

"What is it?" I asked grabbing the envelope.

"I don't know, but you can figure that one out all by yourself," hodoae said walking toward the door. Then left without saying another word.