How it all began

Another Cinderella Story

Play AYO- SHINee


When I was born, I was born in Seoul, South Korea; however, at the age of 3 (my brother was age 7), I had to move to San Francisco due to government reasons. While living in San Francisco, I attended an American school; at the age of 11, my English teacher hung up a sheet of paper, advertising if anyone wanted a pen pal. I signed up to have pen pal, and it could have anyone from around the world. The bright side about it (for me) was that most pen pals are from Korea.

"Hey, Brianna, did you sign up to have a pen pal?" I asked her.

"No, not really. Why should I sign up for a pen pal, when I have my own boyfriend?" she asked.

"Well… you‘re missing out," I mumbled.

Within 3-4 days I got set up with a pen pal; this person is a guy, his screen name is IdolWK, and he's from Seoul. When I got home, I e-mailed him, telling him that I was his pen pal.

So, how old are you?

You tell me.

How should I know?

I meant about you.

Oh! Of course; I knew that...

Right~

Anyway, I'm 14; now, tell me.

Take a guess.

Are you...13?

No

12?

Guess again~

11?

Are you sure about that?

Yes! :D

Ding, ding, ding!!

Why?

You got the answer right.

What did I win?

Bye!~

 From that day (or night) on, he was my friend; however, I never knew who he was. When I heard my mother come home, she was with some guy; he was also Korean, but he claimed that he was the prince of North Korea. He explained to me that if he marries my mother, he will become the king and my mother, the queen. After three months of him being with my mother, he finally had the time to propose; although, for some reason, it felt like he wasn't the right guy for mom. If she really loves him, then I'll have to let my feelings go, and let her marry him. Only because it's not my decision; I'm not the one marrying the guy. If she says 'yes'; then so be it. On the other hand for my brother, he actually wanted mom to marry the guy; even though, it felt obvious that he was trying to deceive me (or so I thought).

~~~~~~~~~~

So, on Friday, November 15, my soon to be step-father, went up to my mother, "Lena,"-he kneels- "will you marry me?" he proposed. She smiled with tears of joy, and happily said, "Yes!"

I got on my computer that afternoon to tell my friend the big news.

Hey~ how are you?

Good, what about you?

Conflicted.

Whoa~ big word! ...just kidding. Anyway, what's on your mind?

Well, my soon to be father just proposed to my mother, and now we have to pack up our things and move to Korea..

What's so bad about that? I might be able to meet you in person.

Do you live in North Korea?

Nope.

Then I don't think it's possible.. Anyway, it could be a good thing that I'm going to become a princess and my brother, a prince; although, I sense that he might not be the right person for mom.

Why don't you tell your mother?

Well, I thought if my mother loves, and wants to marry him, then so be it.

Wow… it’s sounds like you made a vow.

So, other than me, what's on your mind?

Well, I just auditioned to be a singer under the label NH Media, they gave me a call back, and now I'm an idol trainee.

Wow, that's great! I can't wait to hear you sing!! I bet you have a really angelic voice, or something.

Indeed, I do.

Really?

Ye-p! So, good luck!

You, too!

I shut my computer, and packed it away. Then the next day, we packed our things with my soon to be father, and headed out to North Korea. While we were on his (special) plane, I looked out the window.

"Goodbye San Francisco, hello Korea," I mumbled in a sad tone.