Chapter 2

My Fake Girlfriend

            Seeyang reread the contract again.  She was to be this Lee Jonghyun’s fake girlfriend for two years.  In the end, she’ll be given $1.2 million U.S. dollars worth of money, which isn’t a bad thing at all since she is currently incurring debt in the process of going to school.  Not only that, but she’s planning to go to medical school which will definitely make her have to pay her student loans for the rest of her life.  She shook her head, trying not to get herself carried away and thinking about such things in the future.  She wants to make sure that she’s not going to sign away her soul.

            Seeyang had to concentrate and tried to reread the contract.  1.) She is to be Lee Jonghyun’s fake girlfriend for two years.  2.) She cannot tell anyone that their relationship is fake. 3.) She must do as the chairman asks of her.  There is a possible chance of her needing a makeover (not plastic surgery) and et cetra.  3.) If she was to make any revenue due to magazine or talk show appearances or anything that deals with profit, the company will take a third of that.  4.) After two years of being in the fake relationship, if any magazine or talk show was to ask to interview her about her past relationship with Lee Jonghyun, she must reject them.  She cannot get any revenue after the contract is done, unless if the magazine or talk show is contacting her regarding other things besides her relationship with him.  5.) She will receive $1.2 million dollars USD worth of money in the end for her to seal her lips about this.

            Then, Seeyang read the other notes that were included.  By signing this contract, she must understand that her privacy will be invaded due to the fact that her “relationship” with Lee Jonghyun is in the public’s eye.  It is possible that Seeyang will be attack by fans and the company will cover any medical expenses that could possibly occur during her time under the contract.

            “I don’t understand,” said Seeyang, as she looked up at Chairman Jang.  “Why do you need Lee Jonghyun to have a girlfriend?”

            “So, then there’s a scandal.  The media would swarm around him, wanting to know more and then giving him more variety shows opportunities.  He’ll be given MC, DJ, commercial opportunities, and et cetra as all of his band members.” answered Chairman Jang, serious.  “It has been almost one year and yet, Lee Jonghyun has not left a good impression on Asia.  I find it very disappointing, as handsome, talented, and kind he is.  Thus, as the chairman of FNC Music, I have decided to help him boost up more opportunities for him.”

            Seeyang sent the chairman a look.  “Are you sure this is not for revenue purposes?” she asked.

            The chairman laughed.  “Oh, barely.” he said.  “With only two bands, they’ve brought in enough revenue that will last the company for many years to come.  Jonghyun is a good kid, but Asia seems to favor his band mates more.  It’s not right to leave him out of the fun, right?”  He looked into Seeyang’s eyes and smiled.

 

 

            Seeyang sighed, as she sat in front of her laptop.  She will go back home to Busan in two days, to celebrate her birthday early.  Her birthday fell on a weekday this year, so she couldn’t possibly go back to Busan when she needed to attend class.  Seeyang stared at the Daum homepage in front of her.  She looked down at her keyboard and pulled out her hair, stressed.  Why did she sign those papers?  Did she really felt pressure from the chairman?  Yes.  Did he try to make her feel bad in any sort of way that this Lee Jonghyun wasn’t getting as much attention as his band members?  Yes.  Was she driven by money to sign the contract?  No…  Yes…  Money is hard to come by.  And, with her goals of wanting to enter medical school, she will forever be in debt.  Her student loans for her bachelors were already incurring, thus she felt that she needed a break for once.  A break that comes one in a billion.

            The chairman gave Seeyang all of the albums and mini albums that CN Blue came out with.  He said that it would probably be better off if she discover Lee Jonghyun on her own.  What?   Discover him on my own?  You’re the one that should just tell me everything, thought Seeyang.

            After getting home, she opened each albums in order based on when they were released.  She first started on their first album, Now or Never.  It was supposed to be their Japanese debut album with English songs.  Seeyang was midway through Bluelove when she decided to look for more videos on Lee Jonghyun.  She saw how he looked like from looking through all the albums.  Lee Jonghyun is a handsome young man and that disturbed Seeyang to the core.

            Was there something wrong with the chairman?  Why would he pair such a good looking guy to someone like her?  Chairman Jang is desperate, very desperate.  He could have paid newbie model all that good money instead of hiring her.

            Seeyang took a deep breath and then typed in “Lee Jonghyun” into Daum’s search engine.  There were information about him and yet there seemed to be so little about him as well.  Seeyang took a long stare at the band member that’s named Jung Yonghwa.  Then, it struck her.  He was the actor that she had thought that was handsome from a teen drama a few years ago.  Seeyang continued to stare at the Bluetory album cover, surprised that he really was a singer.  She let out a yawn, tired from all of the drama from the day and decided that it was time to sleep.

 

 

            Jonghyun placed his electric guitar back in the case just as their manager came in.  He looked over his shoulder with a smile, as his band members greeted him. 

            “How long were you guys in here?” asked the manager.

            “About 6 hours, Manager Kwan.” answered Yonghwa, as he placed his guitar back into its case.

            “You guys should rest.  It’s not like the new album is going to come out yet.” said Manager Kwan, as he shook his head.  “You guys shouldn’t over do it.  There’s still time, so take it easy.”

            The band members just smiled.  “Yonghwa, Minhyuk, and Jungshin have been having so many schedules lately that I began feeling like I was running a one man show.” said Jonghyun, apologetically.

            The others looked over at him, guiltily.  He was the only one in the group that barely gets any schedule unless if the talk/variety show or magazine is requesting for the whole group.  Yonghwa, Minhyuk, and Jungshin all have a schedule tonight; Yonghwa and Minhyuk with an interview for a radio show and Jungshin with a night photo shoot for Vogue, which leaves Jonghyun the loner at home.

            In the van, Manager Kwan turned to the guys with a smile; he was sitting in the passenger seat, next to the driver.  He was going to accompany Jungshin for his schedule.  “Jonghyun.” he called out.

            “Yeah?” he answered, looking over at him.

            “You’re going to meet your girlfriend tonight.” smiled Manager Kwan.

            “What?” asked CN Blue, confused.

            “That took Chairman Jang long enough.” commented Yonghwa, with a smile.  “Jonghyun-goon, you lucky guy!  You get to have a girlfriend!”  The younger guy sent him an awkward smile.

            “I want a girlfriend too.” pouted Minhyuk.

            “You’re too popular.” laughed Jungshin.

            “So are you!!” defended Minhyuk, with his cheeky smile and eye smile.

            “How would I know that it’s her?” asked Jonghyun.

            Manager Kwan smiled, as he slipped out a picture from his wallet and handed it to Jonghyun, who sat diagonal from him.  “Chairman Jang gave it to me earlier before I came to your practice room.” he said.  “Her name is Hwan Seeyang, 22 years old, and currently a student at Seoul University.”

            As Jonghyun took the picture, his band members swarm over him, wanting to know how the fake girlfriend would look like.  The girl had an oval smooth, pale face with a warm smile.  Her pitch black hair was long and half of it was tied up, leaving the other half down. 

            “She’s decent.” commented Yonghwa.  “Gosh…   She’s so smart!!!  Seoul University…  Wow…”

            “Damn, I want a girlfriend.” said Jungshin, causing Minhyuk to laugh.

            “So, do I.” he said, trying to make a sad face with his cheerful face.  “Jonghyun Hyung, you’re so lucky.”

            He shrugs his shoulders.  “I suppose.” he said.  After everyone was dropped off at their destinations, Jonghyun was left alone in the car with their driver.  “Driver Dongho, where are we heading to?”

            “We are heading over to Hwan Seeyang-sshi’s work place.” he answered.

            “Oh…  OK.” said Jonghyun.

            Jonghyun felt nervous, as his stomach started to churn.  What was he going to say to her?  Hi, my fake girlfriend?  And, what in the world are they going to talk about?  What’s your favorite color?  It felt like it was only a few seconds as Driver Dongho slowed down at a Japanese restaurant.  Jonghyun hasn’t even thought of what to say to the young woman yet.  There was a short, chubby girl standing off to the restaurant’s side.  It seems like she’s waiting for them.

            As Driver Dongho approached the young woman, the window on the passenger’s side rolled down.  “Are you Hwan Seeyang-sshi?” he asked.

            The young woman smiled.  “Hello.  Yes, I am.” she answered.

            “Come in to the back.  The door is open.” said Driver Dongho.

            Jonghyun looked around the van, nervous.  But, he turned to the opening door.  Hwan Seeyang was a bit taken back, to see him sitting there.  After regaining from the shock, she smiled politely and bowed.  “Hello.” she said, formally.

            “Hello.” replied Jonghyun, bowing slightly.

            As Hwan Seeyang climbed into the van, Jonghyun slid the picture into the cup holder on his side, not wanting her to see.  After she seated herself in the seat near him, Driver Dongho started to drive off.

            “Excuse me, sir.  Do you know my address?” asked Seeyang, politely.

            “Of course.” nodded Driver Dongho. 

            “Thank you.” bowed Seeyang.  She turned to Jonghyun with a smile.  “How was your day?”

            Before he answered, he quickly observed her face.  It was bare.  She had no makeup on, revealing the smooth skin she had.  It seems like she hasn’t had much good sleep due to the dark circles that she has.  “My day was satisfying.” Jonghyun nodded.  “How about yours?”

            “Busy, busy.” answered Seeyang, still smiling.

            “My manager told me that you attend Seoul University, right?” he asked.  Seeyang nodded her head.  “You must be very smart.”

            Seeyang let out a small laugh.  “Barely.  I’m average.” she said, nodding her head.

            “Average people don’t just get into Seoul University.” said Jonghyun, with a small smile.  She’s not the type that accepts compliments easily…  Doesn’t easily praise herself…  This is good then I guess, he thought.

            “When average people work hard, they achieve great things.” said Seeyang, as she looked at the road in front of them. 

            Then there was an awkward silence.  Jonghyun wasn’t sure what to say anymore and it seemed like Seeyang was too tired from her job that she didn’t really feel like talking.  When it seemed like it was forever, Seeyang asked, “Your band…  CN Blue, aren’t you guys very popular?”

            Jonghyun smiled.  “We have enough fans to support us.” he said.

            “And enough to sell out tickets to your concerts, right?” asked Seeyang.

            Jonghyun let out a small laugh.  “Are you scared of Boice?” he asked.  She just smiled at him.  He took it as a yes.  “I don’t have many fans, that’s why you’re here.”

            Seeyang flashed him an innocent smile.  “You don’t really need me.  You’re perfect the way you are.” she said.  “Chairman Jang cares a lot about you.”

            “Thank you.” said Jonghyun, blushing.

            Seeyang leaned back in the car.  “I hope I’m not going to make you have less fans.” she said.  Does causing a scandal really make one that much more popular?”

            Jonghyun shrugs his shoulder, unsure himself.  “It makes people nosy.  That’s for sure.” he said.

            Seeyang let out a small laugh, as the van slowed down in front of an apartment complex.  She turned to him with a smile.  “It was nice to finally meet you, Jonghyun-sshi.” she said.

            “It was nice to meet you too.” he said.

            Before Seeyang pulled the door open, she asked, “Do you know when we’ll meet each other again?”

            “I’m not sure.” said Jonghyun.

            Seeyang smiled a small smile.  “I’ll see you then.  Bye.”

            “Bye.” said Jonghyun, as she pulled the van’s door open.

            “Thank you, sir for bringing me home.” said Seeyang, after she stepped out of the van and bowed.

            “You’re welcome, Seeyang-sshi.” said Driver Dongho, with a smile.  She closed the van door and started walking towards the apartment.  “She seems nice.”  Jonghyun nodded his head, in agreement.

 

**NOTE:  Hello everyone!!  I hope that you enjoyed this chapter a lot!!  I feel like the story is so boring...  T.T  If it is...  I'm sorry.  Eventually, it'll be interesting.  Please comment and subscribe!!

LOVE,

loveFORyunho

on 8/16/2010 @ 5:23 PM PST