Chapter 12

My Fake Girlfriend

            Seeyang’s head rested softly on Jonghyun’s shoulder; she was asleep from a hard day of volunteering at the hospital and a night of long hours of work.  It was a really good thing that it was summer vacation for her or she’ll be dead.  She is still living with CN Blue for the moment because Chairman Jang was worried that fans would attack her when she went back to her studio apartment. 

            Chairman Jang released her name to the press last week after Jonghyun and she went to Myeongdong.  He elaborated to the press that the two have been in a relationship for 2 years now.  Netizens are trying hard 24/7 to find out more information about her, but they have found nothing.  Seeyang doesn’t have a minihompy, which makes it even harder to find more information about her.  With the public display of their relationship, Jonghyun’s parents had called him, questioning about the mysterious girl that they never knew that their son was dating.  Meanwhile, Seeyang’s aunt, uncle, and grandma had also called her, wanting to know about her boyfriend, Lee Jonghyun from CN Blue. 

            The two explained to their family members well and even called both families with video calls for a formal introduction.  And, their explanation of why they haven’t introduced their girlfriend or boyfriend of 2 years to their family?  Simple.  Jonghyun was too busy with getting his pre-debut activities in Japan during 2009.  Then, he was too busy with the life after debuting as an idol during 2010 as well with CN Blue’s mini albums and Asia Tour.  Still both families asked why they didn’t introduce Seeyang or Jonghyun in the beginning to the family.  The two simply said it was because they felt that it wasn’t the right time yet to introduce each other to the family because they were barely in a relationship.

            The nurses in the medical nursery, now, give Seeyang curious glances because they know about the relationship she have with Jonghyun.  Her co-workers didn’t seem to mind much, but they all seemed to be more polite to her.  Her boss has always been nice to her nonetheless, but she took her to the back today.  Seeyang’s boss was concern about her safety.  Even walking on the streets or riding the subway seems to be so different for Seeyang now.  Everyone was watching her, whispering behind her back as if she wasn’t there.  The news of her relationship with Lee Jonghyun is everywhere.   Everyone knows now.

            The guys and Jonghyun were practicing hard for their new mini album that was planned to be released in August.  It’s still 2 months away, but CN Blue wants to give their best.  And, Seeyang will continue to live with them until then.  Chairman Jang says that it’s probably best that way.  Also now that everyone knows, MCs, magazines, and reporters will ask Jonghyun about Seeyang so the two needs to start speeding up their process of getting to know each other.

            Jonghyun found it hard the other day to just simply buy Seeyang a bag.  When they were in the Lotte Department Store, Seeyang was busy with the cosmetic section.  Thus, Jonghyun thought that it will probably be nice of him to grab a handbag since she doesn’t have one.  It took him a while in the bag section, pondering about Seeyang’s style.  He had never really paid attention to her sense of style before, whether it was comfortable, feminine, or stylish.  He was at a stump. 

            Jonghyun had to ask a saleswoman to help him pick out a bag.  She had asked him to describe Seeyang’s sense of style and he couldn’t answer.  So, the saleswoman had to ask him about her personality.  With that, at least, Jonghyun could answer.  After the saleswoman picked out a few bags, Jonghyun choose a gray medium size satchel bag.

            He decided to pay the bag with his own money instead of the card that Chairman Jang gave him.  He bought her the bag out of his own kindness not because his company told him too.  He remembered when CN Blue’s stylist said something about one of every girl’s necessary items is a pretty handbag.  Since Seeyang didn’t have one, he might as well get her one.  Seeyang was completely surprised when Jonghyun gave her the bag and was really grateful when he caught up to her again.  He was so glad that she liked the bag because he was dead worried that she wouldn’t.

            Seeyang let out a long breath as she nuzzled into Jonghyun’s shoulder.  “Yonghwa.” she said, tiredly.

            Yonghwa, Minhyuk, and Jungshin turned to look at the sleeping Seeyang.  Jonghyun just looked down at her, full of curiosity of what she could be dreaming of.  He wasn’t jealous that she called out his band member’s name instead of his.  It’s not like he had any feelings for her, so it is unnecessary to feel that way over something so little like that.

            “What were you dreaming about, Seeyang?” asked Yonghwa.  They were in the elevator, waiting to get 14th floor of the huge apartment complex.

            “You and I went back to Busan.  I met your mother and we were having some of her kimchi soup.” she answered, after thinking about the dream for a few seconds.  She was tired, still.

            Yonghwa laughed, as he patted Seeyang’s head.  “Aigoo.” he said.  He wasn’t feeling awkward around her anymore and has simply gotten over that incident that occurred between the two and Joon.  “What about Jonghyun?  Wasn’t he in the dream?”

            “No.  I think that he had a schedule that day.” answered Seeyang, causing CN Blue to laugh.

 

 

            “Seeyang…” breathed Nikki.  She looked like she was about to explode from anger.  “You’re dating CN Blue’s Lee Jonghyun!!!!”  She was screaming out of excitement.  “Oh my GOD!!!!”  Seeyang let out a sigh of relief.  She was expecting another lecture on why she didn’t tell her that she was with Lee Jonghyun.  “You go girl!!!”

            Seeyang laughed.  “You’re happy, aren’t you?” she asked.

            “Well, DUH!!” said Nikki, happily.  “I’m one person away from meeting Yonghwa!”

            Seeyang nodded her head.  “I’m glad that you’re happy about the news.” she said.

            “What did your family say?” asked Nikki.

            “They were mad, but they accepted it.” answered Seeyang.

            “Don’t let Boice bring you down!!” said Nikki, with enthusiasim.  “I’m a Boice, but I support you and Jonghyun all the way!!!”

            Seeyang smiled softly.  “Thank you.” she said.

 

 

            CN Blue and Seeyang were sitting around the living room with nothing to do.  It was a Sunday afternoon and the band was resting from their practicing.  It has been a month since Jonghyun and Seeyang exposed their fake relationship.  Eventually, netizens found out about the place that she works at.  So many Boice fans started to hang out there, wanting to see how beautiful Hwan Seeyang is and why Lee Jonghyun is in such a long relationship with her.  They haven’t exactly harmed her in any sort of way yet, but they have threatened her.  She would just simply brush it off.

            The Free Board on the official CN Blue website is filled with hate messages toward Seeyang and questioning why Lee Jonghyun doesn’t just break up with her.  The official Twitter page is swarming with negative comments towards her regardless of what the new tweet is about.  Thousands of hate mail is continuously sent into FNC Music and some are even brought into the company in person.  The night that Jonghyun and Seeyang went to Myeongdong, the CN Blue site crashed due too many people leaving multiple hate messages.  The hate messages on the official site and twitter is consistently deleted and the hate mail goes directly to the trash bin.

            “Noona, we always seem to talk about ourselves.” said Jungshin, turning to Seeyang.  “Why don’t you talk about your life as well?”

            “Yeah, Noona.” smiled Minhyuk.  “We know so little about you.”

            Seeyang smiled.  “I don’t what to say about myself.” she said.

            “Let’s do an interview then!!  I’ll just improvise.” said Yonghwa, excitedly as he grabbed a plastic pink mic.  Jonghyun and the others laugh as he turned from regular Yonghwa to MC Yonghwa.  “So, Seeyangh-sshi…  Explain what is you ideal man.” MC Yonghwa said into the mic.  He pushed the mic into Seeyang’s face for an answer.

            “My ideal man?” asked Seeyang.  “I’m not really sure…  I haven’t really thought about it.”

            Yonghwa laughed.  “OK.  What kind of traits you would like in your husband?” he asked.

            Seeyang laughed.  “I don’t think I’ll get married.” she said.

            “Why?” asked Minhyuk and Jungshin.  Meanwhile, Jonghyun was just listening to the “interview”.

            “Seeyang!  Just answer the question!” said Yonghwa, pretending to be irritated.  “Why are you being so witty by not answering huh?”

            Seeyang laughed.  “OK, OK.  I’ll answer your questions.” she said.  “I don’t think that I’ll get married because I’ll be too busy in future with my career.  And, the traits I would like in an imaginary husband would be…  I would like him to be patient, responsible, understanding, affectionate, and caring.”

            “That’s not a lot to live up to at all.” commented Yonghwa.  “Since you do know how I am pretty much in all those categories when it comes to traits, will you happily be my wife if I marry you?”

            “What?” laughed Seeyang.

            “Yah!!” said Jungshin and Minhyuk.  “Don’t ask stupid questions like that!!”

            “Hyung, why would you ask that?” asked Jonghyun, laughing.

            “Who is the MC here, huh?” asked Yonghwa.  “I’m the MC darn it!!”

            “I can be the MC!!” said Jungshin as he took the mic away from Yonghwa.  The older male didn’t bother fighting; it wasn’t worth it fighting with Jungshin who’s taller than him.  Jungshin turned to Seeyang with a smile.  “Noona, forget about Yonghwa Hyung.  Tell us your ideal man when it comes to looks.”

            “I like guys with dimples.” smiled Seeyang, as she poked her cheeks with both her hands, creating man-made dimples.  The group looked over at Jonghyun as he shyly his lips.  Seeyang laughed.  “Dimples are cute, but if he doesn’t have any, it’s fine.  I would like someone who is taller than me, which isn’t hard since I am short and all.  To be honest, looks don’t really matter to me as long as it’s good enough for me to attracted to them then I am content.  I think what really matters the most is their personality and what they have to bring to the plate.”

            “So, that means that all of us pretty much meet your criteria of your ideal man?” asked Minhyuk, excitedly.

            “I suppose.” laughed Seeyang.

            “Who is then?” asked Yonghwa.

            “What?” asked Seeyang, confused.

            “Who is the lucky guy from our group?” asked Jungshin.

            “I don’t know.” answered Seeyang, dumbfounded.

            “Really, who is it?” asked Yonghwa, thinking that she was playing around.

            “I really don’t know.” answered Seeyang, seriously.

            “Darn!” said Yonghwa.

            “I thought that she was going to choose me for sure!” muttered Minhyuk, which caused Jonghyun and Jungshin to smile.

            Continuing on with the interview, the group found out more about Seeyang’s family background.  She has already informed the group that she is an American born Korean.  Her mother and father were both Korean college students that went overboard to America for college at UC Berkley.  Her mother was majoring in Accounting and her father in Engineering.  Her parents met and got married young and had her young.  Her mother was only 22 when she had Seeyang.  Her parents were barely out of college, thus it was hard on the two.  Not long Seeyang was born her father died in a car accident, leaving her mother a single mother.

            Seeyang was left at day care for hours during her mother’s day at work.  There was no other way when her mother had decided to stay in America after her schooling ended.  Seeyang and her mother stayed in Oakland, California until she was 13.  That was when her mother decided that it was best if they went back to Korea.  Starting 7th grade with little knowledge of reading or writing Korean due to being American born was a huge blow to Seeyang and she was teased for it.  After a year, she rose to the top of her class in reading and writing.  Seeyang and her mother lived in Seoul for almost 2 years until the untimely and unsuspecting death of her mother due to a pulmonary embolism, which is a blood clot that prevents blood from reaching the lungs, depriving the body of oxygen.  Pressure builds up in the heart due to the clot and can kill within seconds.  After the death of her mother, Seeyang was relocated to Busan where her mother’s family lives.

            Since her mother’s family was poor, they had to get loans for the funeral.  Thus, with much guilt, Seeyang got a job as soon as she resettled in Busan.  She was able to handle as much as 2 part time jobs as a studious high school student and soccer player for the school team.  In time, she was able to pay off the loan that her family got by the end of her high school years.

            CN Blue started to look at Seeyang with a new found respect.  No wonder she wasn’t affected much by hate mails…  Her armor has been built up through the great challenges that life has already thrown at her.  Hate mail and anti-fans was barely a bump in the road to her.  With all those challenges that she went through, it is still so wonderful how she smiles so warmly and easily; a beautiful smile it is.

 

**NOTE: I hope that you guys enjoyed this chapter!!  I'm so tired and schools only started for 2 WEEKS!!  I feel like I've been going to school for months already...  I've been studying/reading/doing so much homework lately...  Then, I have morning classes and am currently running on lack of sleep...  I've had such good 9+ hours of sleeping during the summer that if find it hard to run on only 5 hours of sleep!!!  I was able to before school ended a few months ago...  I think one time I was able to function with only 4 horus of sleep; HOW IN THE WORLD DOES ANY ONE DO THAT?  How do Korean celebrities are still even alive from having crazy schedules that only let them sleep for 2 hours?!!!!  ( I am so sorry for venting out on lack of sleep...  It's just that I feel really bad for sleep deprived people in this world because it with a burning passion!!)

Here is the picture for the bag that Jonghyun bought Seeyang:

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp;jsessionid=1PfzMpMQ5GM5JjQf4PF9qnpJtHvG12nkXpXh9WvQly5pSRK9CChT!-397673864?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446374288&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574491499945&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395222441&bmUID=iFR5e1Q&ev19=1:17

LOVE,

loveFORyunho

on 9/2/2010 @ 9:40 PM PST