Preparing for a Comeback

A Savior Called LOve

-----------------------------------

Minah looked at the empty bags lying on her bed. Soon, she would have to empty this room and leave to Korea, or rather, return to Korea.

 

She opened her closet and then packed her books. Minah had put everything away until the last thing left to clean out was her night stand drawer. It contained her old-self; a part of herself; a part of her past that she dreaded.

 

The picture of Yunho and her used to stand proudly upon her nightstand, but when she and Micky had started dating, Minah had hidden it her drawers and replaced it with a smiling picture of Micky and her, their faces smeared with her birthday cake.

 

She looked at her old self. But more importantly, she looked at Yunho. Did she forget him, fully?

No, when one goes through such a life-changing experience, it is impossible to forget. But she did get over him, at least, that is what she has been telling herself for the past 4 years.

Minah ran her index finger on Yunho’s face.

 

“Oppa....how are you?” she asked. “Did you ever return to your family?” Tears swirled up in her eyes and Minah bit her lip remembering the bittersweet past she had with Yunho.

 

Suddenly her cell rang bringing her out of her trance.

 

“Hey auntie!” Minah answered rather cheerfully, in attempt to disguise the sadness that had just been in her.

 

“When were you going to tell me that you were returning to Seoul? I had to learn it from Yoochun’s mother! Can you believe that!” Her aunt shrieked over the phone, completely oblivious to the scene before.

 

Minah chuckled at her aunt’s tone. For a woman turning fifty, she sure had lots of energy.

 

“Sorry, I forgot!” Minah apologized, while smiling as she thought about her aunt's expression. Her aunt hated when people apologized when she was still rambling, that made hers stop in her tracks and have nothing to say.

 

“Forgot? Hmm…anyways, I called you to tell you that I bought a condo last year in Seoul because….well because it was a good deal and it had a nice view. But anyways, you can live there for the time being, because you can’t live with Yoochun. No cohabitation before you get your full medical license…arasso?”

 

“Arasso!” Minah laughed. Her aunt wanted Minah to be fully independent before she handed herself to anyone. Minah thought that it may had to do with her aunt's past.

 

“Okay, I have to go. Take care okay Minah, and give me a call when you get to Seoul.”

 

And so Minah was back looking at the picture of her and Yunho.

 

The silent relationship between her aunt and her changed a lot. Before, it was always her aunt initiating a conversation or a meeting. Nowadays, Minah was fully comfortable with her aunt.

 

Micky had an indirect role to play in this too. Minah had opened up much more and was willing to ‘sacrifice her precious time to hang around people just because.’ Yoochun always made fun of her how she was a born introvert.

 

At the mention of Micky, Minah smiled. Whereas the thought of Yunho brought a little pain to her heart, Micky’s name would bring her happiness.

 

She put the picture away in her luggage, under all the clothes and books so Micky wouldn't be able to see it.

 

It is not that Minah deliberately wants to hide Yunho’s existence, just that every time the topic would come up, Minah would always chicken out and make up an excuse. Of course Micky had a right to know....so why was she unable to tell him?

Maybe it was because she didn't want to wipe that smile from his face, or maybe it was because she wanted to keep the memories with Yunho all to herself. Whatever the reason or the excuse, it still felt terribly wrong for Minah to hide it from Micky.

 

Just when she was deep in thought, she heard her door open.

 

“Just how many times have I told you that you have to lock your door?” Micky asked her.

 

Minah quickly closed her luggage. “Umm, about a hundred times.” She smiled as Micky leaned in for a peck on her nose, followed by a kiss on her lips.

 

His hands cuped her face as he deepened their kiss. Minah’s arms went naturally around his neck and played in his hair. It was funny how kissing would still send butterflies down her stomach when they had been dating for four years already.

 

“Ahem.” An awkward throat-clearing could be heard by the doorway. “If you guys are going to make out, at least have the decency to do it behind closed doors!”

 

The couple turned to see Victoria, throwing them a playfully judging look.

 

“Vic!” Minah said, embarrassed, “What brings you here?”

 

“Nothing….just that I HEARD YOU WERE GOING TO SEOUL.” She practically screamed.

 

“Anyways, I have to go to practice now. But this conversation is SO not over!” Victoria added before she closed the door with a “clang”.

 

Minah punched Micky, “you forgot to close the door! And you remind ME to lock it!”

 

“Well at least it was only Victoria.” He smiled smugly.

 

He was right. Victoria had become a great friend. They had gotten to know each other when Minah had treated a ripped ligament for her. Victoria was a gymnast-turned-ballet dancer, a fantastic one while at it. She had apparently gotten very major roles for a student, but Minah was unfamiliar with the ballet world and would fall asleep halfway through the performances.

But when Victoria would ask about the show, Minah would always smile and say, "It was absolutely breath taking!"

 

“Let's go, it’s time to go to the airport!” Micky said as he picked up her luggage.

 

“Wait! Maybe I should move the bed back where it used to be….” Minah said as she pushed the bed toward the window. Minah had first moved it because the sunlight would bother her in the mornings.

 

Bang. Something seemed to have fallen from the space between the bed and the wall.

 

Her old cell phone! The one she had lost the morning after her first kiss with Micky!

 

“Omo, so that’s where it was,” Minah smiled happily. It must be have been shoved there when she was sleeping. The phone was old now, but it was still in its midnight blue case and the star charm still dangled from it.

Minah put the phone away before any thoughts of a certain someone would pop out in her head.

 

And then she ran out of the room to join Micky who had gone to put the luggage in the car, her old cellphone in hand. A cellphone another man would recognize at first sight.....

---------------------------------------------------

OOOO Korea!!!!

LOL, the next chapter will be called : A Little Bit of Yunho

Guess that means U-Know who is back!! ;) <-- pun intended

@QueenB_doll: Oops...not meeting Yunho yet....buuut I cant garantee that there will not be a Yunho/Micky scene in the next chapter...O...did i say too much? XD ps. I updated just for you! :)

Pleaaase commeent!!!