Teachers.....

A Savior Called LOve

 

I sigh as I look at the papers.

 

“Mental illnesses” it said in black and bold at the very top of the page.

 

Fun.

 

Fortunately for me, though my English was bad,it had improved enormously since the incident with Tiffany, during which I had virtually no vocabulary.

 

“Okay, so which sections do you want to do?” I ask him while staring at the paper.

 

“Umm…Causes and effect, and .....cures.” He says after a pause.

 

“So I’ll do the rest then,” and I gather my things to leave.

 

“Wait, that’s not fair! You’re doing three sections and I am only doing two.” He protests. Well, he didn't strike me as the type that wanted to work. I mean, look how well he spends his time (with his girlfriend).

 

“So what do you propose we do?” I ask impatiently.

 

“Well, you can choose two sections out of the three…..” he started.

 

“Then what about the one that’s left?” I ask, cutting him off in the middle of his sentence.

 

“Jeez, you are so impatient! Does my presence disgust you that much! I was just thinking how we should do the last section together.” He says matter-of-factly.

 

Well I did have a ton of bio chem homework I still had to finish, so this solution could save time and give me additional sleep time.

"Okay," I say, "I'll meet you at the library next week." and I leave. 

I did not want to chitchat with him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Here I am, a week later, in front of the library waiting for Mr. Micky Yoochun to show up.

 

He’s late.

 

Half an hour late to be exact.

 

And then, he comes running down the hall, trying to explain the reason he was late in an incoherent way because he was completely out of breath.

 

By the time we find seats in the library, he seems to have regained his posture and starts to explain his excuse for being late.

 

“Sorry, something happened on the way….I was….” He started when I interrupted him and told him that I had absolutely no interest whatsoever about why he was not punctual.

 

“I already know that punctuality is not your strongest point considering all the late-night phone calls you have with your girlfriend. Let’s hope that you got your work done, at least.” I don’t know why, but this guy just annoys the hell out of me. Believe it or not, I am usually a pretty shy person.

 

“You really think badly of me, don’t you?”

 

“No really?” I roll my eyes sarcastically. Oddly, this is sort of fun….making fun of him, I mean.

 

“Ok, can we clear up the misunderstandings between us then?” he cleared his throat. “First, I am very punctual…usually, and secundo, yes, I did finish my part of the project. Third, as a little side note: Tiffany callsme, every night and Tiffany does not want to hang up the phone.”

 

I lend a deaf ear to his little explanation and take out my binder from my bag.

 

“Okay, I finished my sections, but……”

 

“Yah! Are you even listening to me?” he asks a little too loudly.

 

“…..and I’m not sure if this part is 100% right, but I found some other researches that agreed with it, it's a bit controversial though….”

He elbows me as he tried to get my attention and I elbow him back.

 

“Stop it.” I said glaring a little at him from the corner of my eye. “And if you want to clear up the misunderstandings between us, you should know first that I am not in love with your girlfriend. I'm straight and second, I really don't care if you're usually punctual or who calls who.”

 

That was enough to silence him, turn him beet red and make him change the topic back to the project.

I guess the guy was surprised.

--------------------------------------------------

 

Finally!

I'm humming at the bus stop, as happy as ever.

We finished the project. I don’t need to look at what’s-his-face ever again. 

 

Or not....

 

Yup, just my luck. He comes driving by my bus stop in his little convertible. I look away when he passes by to avoid any chances of eye-contact.

 

Unfortunately, he back tracks and asks me if I want a ride.

 

I want to decline, but the bus was coming in half an hour. (If he hadn’t been late, I would’ve caught the bus that came half an hour before…).

 

So here I was, seated awkwardly in the passenger while he drove silently.

 

“So why did you get so angry that me and Tiffany were kissing on your bed?” he asks, probably trying to break the silence. “Are you some kind of neat freak? We were just kissing…”

 

Ha. If that was ‘just kissing’ then he’s secretly Yunho. (A/N: hehehehe….foreshadow? *wink wink, nudge nudge)

 

Yunho…..should I tell him about Yunho’s picture? No, because then that would lead to Yunho and this scar that I’ve been somewhat successful at forgetting for the past months.

 

“That’s none of your business.” I say coldly.

 

He must’ve sensed that he had touched a nerve, because Yoochun stopped talking. I just enjoyed the feeling of the wind in my hair.

 

And just when I had my eyes closed in the blissful moment of my hair in the wind, the car is stopped at a red light.

 

Great.

 

I open my eyes and look around.

 

Buildings, people….. Nothing interesting...

 

I then shift my eyes into the convertible. Maybe it was because I thought so lowly of him, but I had expected the car to be messy and dirty. I had stereotyped him as the trashy, not punctual and erted type. His convertible was surprisingly clean, not to mention that it was baby blue: my favourite color.

 

His hands were on the steering wheel, and he hummed to the soft music that came from another car beside us.

 

His left hand…..had a scar…in the shape of a heart.

 

*Flashback (in third person)*

 

“Your hand…!” A younger Minah stared wide-eyed at the hand of the guy who had just saved her.

 

“Gwenchana, it’s okay. You look so terrified. Just a little scratch, it’s nothing to make a big deal out of, really.”

 

Minah was not convinced, as she pulled a band-aid from her emergency kit nested on the side of her backpack, and stuck it on Yunho’s hand.

 

“Real men don’t wear band-aids.” Yunho said, pulling it off.

 

“Then how about bandages?” Minah asked.

 

“No, that either.” Yunho said with a smile. “I have an idea, how about you come with me and help me clean the wound?”

 

It was dangerous to accept the offer, but seeing that he had bravely saved her from a group a people with malevolent intentions, and that the streets did not seem like a favourable place for a girl like her. Minah accepted the offer.

 

Even though she cleaned the wound, it still did leave a scar. It was in the shape of heart and was placed between his thumb and his index finger.

 

Yunho had said that it was how he remembered her.

 

*end of flashback* (but it is still third person POV)

 

Minah was still dazed. She looked intently at Yoonchun’s hand with her brows furrowed in a v-shape.

 

Micky turned his head and waved his hand in front of her.

 

“Are my hands so interesting that you have to stare them like that?”

 

Minah shook her head as if to get rid of some horrible thoughts but remained silent.

 

After a while, Minah asked, “How did you get the scar on your hand?”

 

“Oh that? I want to say that it was a heroic deed, but it’s just from falling down a tree.”

 

Minah nodded.

 

“Why is my scar so interesting?” he asked.

 

Minah did not answer; instead she turned her head and faced the other way.

 

Micky stopped the car abruptly. “ Choi Minah! I answer all your questions. It is only fair that you answer mine also!”

 

“Fine!” she said, “I found it curious that your scar was shaped like a heart, happy?”

 

Micky got out of the convertible and opened the door for Minah. “Get out.”

 

Minah did. And she was dragged to a restaurant where he made her seat across from him.

 

“I have a feeling we really got off on the wrong foot.” He said, “so I am going to try to befriend you.”

 

“I’m not interested in making you my friend. After this project, I won’t have to see you again, so I don’t see a point in making you my friend” Minah got up and walked out the door, while Micky just looked around the roomful of people with an apologetic smile.

 

But Minah did not know that their fate was far from being over.

 

Because, two weeks later, her biology teacher posted the lab partner papers out, and in black ink beside her name was written: Micky, Park Yoochun.

-----------------------------------------

@QueenB_doll: Lool, I think so too! I think Yunho may come back in the near future.....or not ;P Thanks for subscribing and commenting! Means a loot! :)