A Friend's arrival

A Savior Called LOve

 

Minah checked her phone, smiling at the ID of the caller.

 

Victoria

 

Why was she calling at this time? It should be pretty close to midnight back at home.

 

“Hey Vic,” Minah smiled.

 

“Min, guess what?”

 

“what?” Minah hated these guessing games, but Victoria’s conversation always started this way. After a while, Minah got used to it.

 

“I’m in Seoul right now. Like at the airport.”

 

“Is this a joke?” Minah asked, her voice an octave higher, as she jumped up from her seat. She really wanted to see her.

 

“Nope, except I got lost and I can’t find the bag with my passport and important files and I don’t speak Korean.”

 

Minah grinned at that. It was so like Victoria to end up that way. She may be the most gracious of dancers, but she, like most artist, lacked a great deal of common sense.

 

“Okay, I’ll get there as soon as I can, where are you in the airport?” Minah asked as she put her shoes on, trying to balance the phone as her free hand looked for her car keys.

 

“At the front desk thing, place…I think,” Victoria muttered, unsure.

 

“Okay, wait for me and don’t move.”

 

* * * * * * * * *

“Vic!”

Victoria breathed a sigh of relief as she saw Minah. Now all her problems could be solved….at least she would be able to tell them that her bag was lost. Victoria was hugely disappointed in customer service: NO one could speak English. At least, not any English she could decipher.

 

Victoria just wandered to the side as Minah cleared up the misunderstanding with the staff. Her lips were curved upward in a pout. She had planned to surprise Minah at her apartment, but now it couldn’t happen.

 

Just as her eyes darted off to the side, she saw a very familiar bag on a bench. It was her bag, or rather the bag she had lost with all her documents.

 

Victoria was jogging over to the bag when a hand grabbed the bag….grabbed HER bag.

 

“What are you doing?” she asked as she pulled on the bag.

 

The guy pulled back, and being a guy and being tall and intimidating, he won the tug of war that was happening for the much treasured bag.

 

Refusing to give up, Victoria reached for her bag again. This time, she had gotten a better grip on it, but released it when Minah walked over.

 

“What’s wrong Vic?” she asked.

 

“This guy took my bag.” She huffed, completely angry, and still puffing from the pulling earlier..

 

As Minah was about to ask him, a girl about their age walked over in an airport uniform.

 

“Changmin! What are you doing?”

* * * * * * * * * *

“Sorry for the misunderstanding…” Minah and the girl said at the same time, and smiled.

 

“I’m….never mind my Korean name, people just call me Amber.” The girl said, “I’m so sorry for my dorky brother…” she smirked at the grimace her brother, Changmin, was giving her.

 

To sum it up, Changmin had seen the bag lying on the bench owner-less, and so decided to take it to his sister who worked in the airport. When Victoria had come to take her lost bag, Changmin’s first reflex had been to pull….back.

 

 

Victoria, who was still a pissed about their earlier encounter, purposely avoided eye contact with Changmin, while he looked a little apologetic.

 

“So…I guess we can go…”Victoria motioned toward what she thought was the exit.

 

“That’s the way out.” Changmin pointed to the opposite direction.

 

“Anyways, he’s picking me up from work but we had to drive here to pick Junghye up from work, but she already left” (A/N: Junghye is the girl from the previous chapter who worked at the airport. She is also Changmin’s sister, that’s why her name was SHIM Junghye xP) Amber smiled, “Where are you guys going? We could drive you to make up for the misunderstanding earlier.” She nudged at her brother.

 

Victoria, who seemed to dislike the brother, had taken a strange liking to Amber. It wasn’t everyday that one met such tomboy with such striking features. “Sure!” And Minah was dragged away before the poor girl could utter a word.

 

* * * * * * * *

 

“So how’s it going between Micky and you?” Victoria asked, while munching on some chips on her couch.

 

“Well….”Minah started, not sure if she should disclose their earlier…“Adventure”.

“You know, it’s the same old. How about you, any new guys?”

 

Victoria was one hell of a boy-magnet, and a really good player and flirter when she wanted to be. But then again, her dance team kept her too busy to maintain a long stable relationship. So her flames of love had always been short, but nothing short of exciting.

 

Maybe it was because she was an artist, because Victoria knew how to have fun. Not the sleeping around and making out type of fun (though she did have a lot of skinship, just not ), Victoria knew all the romantic areas and the forbidden midnight outings in almost every city she had been to.

 

It gave Minah the chills just listening to their night-time parades. She could get all the adventures out without going through any of the risks. But her entire relationship with Micky had always been safe….there was love and gratitude, but there wasn’t that same feeling of danger and passion that she shared with Yunho, or at least, that was what she remembered.

 

Minah’s mind, for nth time since her return to Korea, drifted off again. Victoria was telling her some stories about the crazy things her dance crew had been doing in New York, after their performance.

 

She wanted to visit that apartment again. Not for Yunho, but for the memories that she had left there, locked, for four years. Maybe revisiting it would stop this weird feeling of regret that was eating up her soul.

 

“…..Minnie, do you think that I should go out with him?” Only Victoria’s last words were heard by Minah.

 

“Sorry, I got distracted…What did you say?” Minah asked, “And you know I don’t like that nickname. Call me Minah.”

 

“Hey! You’re the one who got distracted over my reply to your answer!” Victoria pouted, “Were you thinking about that guy again?” Her face was serious again.

 

Minah had told her about Yunho, but he was always that guy, unnamed and avoided as much as possible. Victoria was probably the only person who knew about him, and she didn’t even have a face or even a name for him.

 

“Yeah, I want to visit the apartment.”

 

They remained silent for awhile.

 

“Are you sure that’s a good idea?” Victoria asked, “What if you run into him?”

 

The thought had crossed Minah’s mind, but she deemed it nearly impossible. She knew Yunho’s habits, and as long as she kept out at night and visited during the day, the possibility of them bumping into each other was nearly zero.

 

“Nah,” Minah said, “It’s unlikely, but I’m worried because I keep on thinking about him.”

 

“I know you get tired of hearing me say this, but Micky should know. He’s your boyfriend.”

 

“…which is also the reason why I shouldn’t tell him because he could misunderstand.” Minah cut through.

 

Victoria looked sceptical, “are you sure that it’s not a justified misunderstanding? I mean, you’re not even sure about your feelings for that guy.”

 

Seeing that Minah’s face was much darker than usual, Victoria decided to change to a lighter topic.

 

“That guy who snatched my bag was kind of cute, don’t you think?”

 

Minah smiled, “FYI, he didn’t snatch it, he was going to take it to the lost and found.”

 

“Still….” Victoria pouted, “you did get his sister’s phone number right?”

 

Minah saw it right away, after all Victoria’s face was as easy to read as an open book. “You’re interested in him….? Wow, I thought that you just wanted to be friends with Amber, because you know, you have a thing for having exotic friends and all, but wow, Victoria, I guess you also like exotic boys. What’s Nichkhun going to say?”

 

“Hey! We broke up like a couple weeks ago.”

 

“Yeah, after going to the Maldives together, isn’t that a place for honeymoons?”

 

“FOR THE NTH TIME WE ARE NOT M-RRIED.” Victoria yelled. She hated being tied down to one boy, especially when her marital status was in account. Something about her and the words “marriage” or “husband and wife” just didn’t work. Even the word "Married" was a taboo in her vocabulary.

 

Minah burst out laughing. Nickhun had been Victoria’s longest relationship yet, but it seemed that the rumours she had heard from Luna were only rumours after all: Khuntoria no more.

 

Victoria, angry and peeved, jumped on her and started to tackle her friend….while throwing the chips she had opened.

 

“Oh…Did I miss anything?”

 

The two girls were still in their own world when Micky made his entrance.

 

Still giggling, Minah and Victoria fixed their potato-chip-crumbs-filled hair.

 

“No, nothing, just the usual.” They both said, while trying to contain their laughter.

 

Suddenly, Minah’s and Micky’s eyes met, and their passionate scene earlier came back to mind. Both blushed and turned away, leaving a smirking Victoria.

------------------------------------------------

oh oh....so Yunho is coming.....?

Hmm.....i'm still in the process of writing their encounter. Please leave a post on my wall if you have ideas...

otherwise

please comment =)