A Little More Than Friendship....

A Savior Called LOve

 

Micky’s POV (A/N: Finally a different perspective!)

 

So we are back inside the restaurant, and this time, there seems to be an urgent need for us to befriend each other. As it seems, we are lab partners and it looks like Minah does not want to fail biology class.

 

I guess it is important if you want to become a doctor. I just took biology class because I had one more time slot, and I needed a credit in science.

I just wanted to get a passing grade in biology, and focus on my other courses instead. Guess that it is no longer possible, considering who I have been paired up with.

 

“Ahem,” I cleared my throat, “I really don’t know why all the awkward moments happen between you and I, but I’m not usually a non-punctual, loud and moody guy who makes out with girls on other people’s bed.”

 

“…And I’m usually polite and not talkative.” She says with a rather blank face.

 

“Was that sarcastic?” I ask.

 

“Well, were you sarcastic?” she lifts an eyebrow.

 

“Umm, no.” I respond, and she just shrugs. This is so awkward.

 

“Why are you taking biology?” she asks me. Now she’s the one trying to break the silence.

 

“Because I need a science credit, and my dad wants me to take biology so that I know the basics about some fundamental basic knowledge about his company. If I didn’t, he probably would’ve shipped me off to Korea.”

 

“Oh, so you speak Korean then,” She says

 

“Of course!” I say. Please, I came to America when I was in middle school. Of course, I speak Korean, I can even read and write! Woah, I think she really thought of me as an idiotic ert....

 

“You?” I ask back.

 

“Hmm?” she asks me.

 

“Why did you take biology?”

 

“Because I want to become a doctor.” She replies.

 

“Why a doctor?”

 

“Because I want to save lives.” She responds immediately with a strong determination in her eyes.

 

“Well, to saving lives,” I pick up my glass (or rather my cup….of orange juice), she lifts her cup as well. “To saving lives” she smiles and takes a gulp at her drink. Thinking about it, she doesn’t look half-bad with a smile….

 

* a month later*

 

Minah POV

 

Maybe my first impression of him was wrong. Okay, fine. My first impression of him was wrong.

 

He insisted on paying for the meal, but said that I would have to pay the next time. (A/N: why does this remind me of IU and Wooyoung?)

 

And I did.

 

We spent more and more time together. At first it was for school, and then we would go somewhere after finishing work. And finally, we just met up to hang out as ‘regular friends’.

Right, because that’s what we were: Regular friends. So why did we meet secretly in the restaurant to work? Oh yeah, it is because we wouldn’t want people to misunderstand.

Misunderstand what?

I’m just worried that I would be the one who would misunderstand.

 

But I shouldn’t…..right?

 

It was regular evening where we discussed some school-related stuff over dinner. We chatted a little over dessert. He ordered his usual slice of nut-covered brownie and I, a bowl with two scoops of vanilla ice-cream and one of chocolate ice-cream.

On our way back, he opened his convertible door like ‘a real gentleman should’, and drove to the dorms.

 

I got out of the car, like every other time, walked over beside him and told him goodbye. I smiled at him and was about to wave him off when the unexpected happened.

Because unlike the other times, today he kissed me.

 

He grabbed my neck and kissed me on the lips. I wanted to close my eyes and savour the moment, but it just felt terribly wrong.

 

I backed up and looked at him shocked.

 

“But you…you have a girlfriend.” Before he could respond, I run up the stairs and into the dorm.

 

My heart is beating wildly and I’m wondering if it is from the running or from the kiss, or both. My mind felt as if it was in turmoil.

 

I suddenly remember the last time I kissed..... I stare at the picture of Yunho on my night-stand.

 

Micky….Park Yoochun…he gave off a different vibe. If Yunho gave was manly and powerful, Yoochun was companionate and a true gentleman.

I would be lying if I said that I did not think of Micky as more than a friend, but then what was Yunho?

 

I phone vibrated, and I look at the ID. Mister Micky.

 

My thumb hovers above the “end call” button, but doesn’t seem to have enough strength to actually press down.

 

Finally the ringing stopped. Instead, I get a text message.

 

I’m sorry.

- Mister Micky

 

Is that it?

I almost want to smile at the name...Mister Micky...he always wanted to change it, but I never let him.

Why am I thinking about him?

I throw my phone on my bed, and cover my face with my hands.

 

Did our mutual friendship end with that kiss? I did not want it to; rather, my heart did not want it to.

 

I fall asleep hugging my pillow while it caught all the tears streaming from my eyes. I didn't care about the pile of work laying on my desk, I didn't care about as single thing in the world. I just wanted to sleep.

 

The next day, I sat up on my bed and I do not want to go to class. But still, I decided against skipping and dress up to leave. My phone is nowhere to be found, and so I leave without it. Now that my relationship with Micky turned sour, there wasn't anyone who would constantly text me during class anymore.

Good ridance

Not really, but I still tried my best to convince myself.

 

Class was boring, not that I really listened. My mind kept on going back to the kiss. What did it mean to him?

Did he also feel those heart-stopping moments when our hands accidentally touch when we hand over a paper or a book?

Or when our faces are only inches from each other as we fight to look in the microscope?

Or maybe our regular outings which were called ‘hanging out’ but were not much different of an actual date?

 

Micky was absent today. It pissed me a little, but the more I thought about it, the more it seemed like the best way for things to turn out.

 

I really wanted to put it behind me.

 

Nonetheless, I was thankful to Micky. Yunho left a deep cut in my heart, and for the first four months here, I was just escaping from it; ignoring the pain. Micky had helped me, unknowingly, to actually heal and mend it. Though he left a cut of his own, I was still thankful to him.

For some weird reason, I couldn't bring myself to hate him, really.

 

Biology was next. I guess I would have to do the work by myself. I kept on planning out how I was going to ask the teacher to let me work without my lab partner in the future.

 

I get to class, and my first reaction is to ask Micky how he was.

 

I sigh and out of habit, take a look at the microscope.

 

There’s something in there…..I take a second look at it.

 

There is a paper and written in bold (well it’s actually minuscule in life-size, but it looked pretty big through the microscope):

 

I broke up with Tiffany.

Want to hang out go on a date at our usual restaurant?

- Mister Micky

-------------------------------------------------------

So what do you think?

Comment pleaaase :)