Just let me take care of you

In Love With Your Bestfriend's Brother? (HIATUS)

Two weeks had passed by since that day in detention. 

Two weeks had passed since the last time you saw Woohyun.

The first week you didn't worry too much. You figured he was caught up in family problems considering the background he and Minyoung had come from. But when the second week approached, you began to worry. You knew where Minyoung was. But not Woohyun. 

You sat in your desk quietly, nodding absently as one of your friends babbled on and on about .. whatever it was. Your gaze slowly traveled over to the empty desk across the room, concern clouding your eyes as your lips slowly arched into a frown, "Yah. Jihyun, are you even listening?" the girl's annoying babble turned into an annoyed snap. God, she was getting annoyed? 

"Yeah, sorry. I was thinking about somtehing." you muttered, sighing as you propped your arm onto the desk and leaned your head on it, gazing out the window. "Ooh~ Are you thinking about .. No way," the girl gasped, "L.JOE!?" she squealed in excitement. My god. It took everything in you to not slap her head off. You straightened up, glaring at the girl, "No, Mirae." you shot back in warning. Of course the girl didn't get the hint.

"You two are secretly dating, huh? Aigoo! That's so cute. You two have been hanging out more often lately- omo. And you kept this a secret from me? Yah! I thought we were bestfriends, you betr-" you slammed your palms onto the desk as you rose from your seat, startling the girl and gaining the attention from a few of your nosy classmates, "YAH. Kang Mirae. Don't make assumptions where they are not needed, let alone your business." you hadn't meant to be so hostile, but you could only tolerate so much annoyance in a day. 

You left the room, ignoring whispers as you walked by classmates, your concern for Woohyun soon taking over your emotions as you walked around the school, stopping at one of the windows and leaning your back against it, sighing loudly as you slid to the ground. "Woohyun.. Gwenchana?" you closed your eyes, thinking of the possible explanations for his disappearance. 

Another day passed. You couldn't sleep. And then another. Sleepless nights. And then another.

Minyoung was finally back from her trip and immediately you bombarded her with questions, "Is Woohyun okay? Is he hurt? Did he go on vacation? Is he dea-" she held up a hand, stopping you. "Aigoo, you love sick fool. He's fine." a wave of relief fell over you. "Oh that's good. I really thought something had happened.." you looked away, realizing what you had just done. 

Way to keep your emotions to yourself, dummy. "If you want, you can come over today and check on him." you stared at her as if she was insane, "Um.. What?" you mumbled, dumbstruck. "I know you like him. It's bestfriend intuition. Let's go." you, still in a daze, was dragged off by Minyoung, your mind slowly processing what was happening.

Arriving at the Nam residence, you awkwardly stepped inside with Minyoung pushing you further in. "N-No wait, I don't think I should impe-" you gasped upon seeing Woohyun on the couch, bandaids on his face, bandages on his arms and brusies. He turned around, his eyes rounding when he saw you, "Jihyun.. What are you doing here?" Forgetting Minyoung and his question, you rushed over to him, gently grabbing his arm and examing his wounds. "Omo, gwenchana? Is this why you weren't at school? Yah." he looked away, his ears flaming.

"It's nothing big, it'll go aw-" "Don't say that!" you shot at him, taking him back by surprise. "You're obviously not okay if you've been gone this long." he softened. "Your bandages are no good anymore. Haven't you tended them at all?" he didn't reply. Shaking your head, you asked Minyoung to get a first aid kit; immediately getting to work on Woohyun's wounds without speaking, ignoring his questions as your proceeded to redo his bandages.

Although you both gave off an air that you hated each other at school; this moment was anythning but hate. It was a peaceful silence with a few words here and there as you fixed up Woohyun's injuries. Cutting the last bandage, you smiled slightly, "There. This time I won't ask what happened. But next time I will." Woohyun gave a small smile, "You didn't have to do this, I could have healed on my ow-" "Shut up. Just let me take care of you." that was enough.

Yiu had stayed late at the Nam residence, eventually falling sleep after doing homework and watching Tv with Woohyun; attending to his bandages when they bled through. Woohyun looked over, noticing your laugher was no longer ringing in his ears- only to see your head slowly bobbing foward, he smiled, "Pabo," reaching out, he gently pulled you toward him, leaning you onto his shoulder as you continued to sleep. "Saranghae, Kwon Jihyun." he whispered the words, holding you close; knowing this moment would only last while you were sleeping. "I'll take care of you just like you did for me."

 

 


xxxxxAUTHOR'S NOTE:

YAY FOR UPDATE :D I got random inspiration for this chapter, lool.
Thank you my readers for being so patient~

Saranghae! Fighting xoxo