A stormy day

In Love With Your Bestfriend's Brother? (HIATUS)

 

Sitting in class, you stared out the window, a frown on your face as the sky rumbled. Looks like there's going to be a storm. You sighed miserably. You hated thunderstorms. In fact- you were terrified of them. Yes, you, the great Kwon Jihyun was afraid of thunder ... and storms.. and both combined. Hopefully coach Kang would be in a good mood today and let them skip detention because of the weather.

Pressing your lips in a thin line, rain began to pour down outside, the wind raging as it blew the droplets of rain against the glass, flinching as they hit the window you sat directly by. "This ," you muttered, reaching your arms across your desk and holding onto the ledge of it in attempt to keep her from crying because of the thunder. You weren't as perfect as everyone thought. 

Finally, the bell for lunch rang after a painful lecture .. not from the teacher- you ignored him- but from the blowing winds, pouring rain, and dark skies. Snatching your lunch from your bag, you quickly fled the room, desperate to get away from the sounds of nature mocking her. And then it happened. The first found of thunder made the school shake slightly- perhaps only you could feel it because everyone else seemed fine. 

You just couldn't take it anymore. You quickly walked through the halls, staying as far away from the windows as possible, looking outside as you nearly burst into a sprint- only to slam into someone and fall over. "," the male underneath her muttered. Looking down, you gasped, seeing a familiar blonde underneath you, "Omo! Mianhae, I wasn't watching where I was going." you scrambled up, offering your hand to the male.

Gladly taking your head, you helped him up, immediately bowing your head shortly after as an apology, "I'm sorry." without another word, you collected yourself and took hold of your lunch once more, this time being careful of other students as you disappeared behind a corner.

L.Joe watched as you frantically hurried to get away. His gaze traveled to the window outside, an eyebrow quirking when a blade of lightning shot down from the sky, Is she afraid of thunder? Putting his hands in his pockets, he decided to pursure you, having nothing better to do since he didn't eat lunch.

"Yah, Kwon Jihyun." he called out, sauntering down the halls. You had disappeared without a word and left no trace of your current location. Where in the world did she go? He was about to give up until he heard a loud bang on a door, followed by a quiet 'ow'. Backing up in his steps, he found himself in front of the janitor's closet. 

Opening the door, he discovered you in a mess of mops. He couldn't resist the urge to laugh. You looked up sheepishly, "Ah.. L.Joe, hi." "Do you need help?" you sighed miserably, "Yes." After you explained your shameful situation with thunder, he had decided to stay with you in the little closet to keep you company. "A pretty girl like you shouldn't be alone like this." 

- - - d e t e n t i o n - - -

"Hm, looks like you will be serving detention alone today, Ms. Kwon." you frowned, seeing the absence of your favorite brunette male. "Well, good luck with this cleaning on your ow-" "Ah, teacher Kang! Glad you're still here. I have a little troublemaker here to serve detention." you looked up, hoping it would be someone that you didn't want to slap silly. "Lee Byunghun? Aren't you the new student?"

Your ears perked at the name, "L.Joe?" right at that moment, he walked into the room, looking around, his eyes meeting yours with a mischeivious twinkle. "Well, I guess this time you have a new friend. I expect this room to be cleaned by the time I come back.. In about two hours." Giving you and L.Joe a firm look, he left the room. 

As you two cleaned, there was much laughter and fun. You two had messed around and had nearly broken a window. For a moment, you forgot about the thunder and the storm raging outside until you turned around and L.Joe was gone. Blinking, you looked around the empty room. Another round of thunder shook the school, causing the lights to go out, leaving you alone in the dark with nothing but the company of the storm outside.

Slowly backing into the corner of the room, your hands shook, her body trembling with fear as thunder ripped through the sky, a scream escaping your lips as your back touched the wall, lightning illuminating the room for a second before it went dark. "Ottokae?" you whispered, your knees drawn to your chest as you buried your head. 

After what felt like hours- but were only minutes, L.Joe threw open the door, hardly finding his way back from the blackout, "Jihyun?" he called out, searching for your figure until he saw you cowering in the corner. Quickly making his way over, he sat next to you, embracing you protectively as the rumbling continued, "Sh, you're safe. It's alright, I'm here..."

Yes, you are. But where is my Woohyun?

- a b c d e f g h i  j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z - 

author's note: annyeong my readers! 
i am so sorry for the delayed updates.. 
i've been awful busy lately and haven't had time to think about my story.
hopefully i'll be able to update more often starting now.
thanks to all of you who are still subscribed~ i am grateful to you all for your patience and tolerance. 
thanks for your continued support of this story ^^;