Kidnapper or just a Ghost?

Highway Don't Care

'The highway won't hold you tonight.'

 

So…. Kyungsoo didn’t fall to the ground when the bus suddenly stopped.

‘What happen?’ Kyungsoo thought.

Yeah, someone had safed him for falling. That weirdo. But that’s something wrong happen, Kyungsoo’s hands stood on that weirdo’s chest. And the weirdo’s hands stood around Kyungsoo’s waist. Drama. Three seconds was passed, and Kyungsoo awoke from his daydream, he pulled out him self from that weirdo. His hearts seem like stops beating, his breath felt heavy.

‘Yah! Stop drolling!’ he said for his brain. ‘No, I’m a straight person,’ he reminded himself.

“Thanks for safed me,” finnaly Kyungsoo could find his voice back. He bowed to the weirdo.

“Just relax bro,” the weirdo gave Kyungsoo bright grin. “I just stood behind you for a while ago. That’s not a big deal. So will you stop here?”

“Hm.. yeah, I think so,” Kyungsoo looked outside. And then he said thank you to the driver and got out the bus. But the weirdo followed him!

“And you stop here too,” Kyungsoo said to the weirdo.

“Yes. That’s why I stood behind you in that bus,” the weirdo grinned again. “I heard you will stop near SM University. So do I, why you didn’t ask me before, we could talk more than, couldn't we? Hahaha. I like your expression.”

‘That’s so weird,’ thought Kyungsoo.

“Oh ya. So excuse me to go first. Thank you and bye,” Kyungsoo smiled and bowed again.

“Bye bye,” The Weirdo was waving happily.

Then Kyungsoo walked in peace and looked around. There were many stores here, he thought to buy snack and cleaning tools, and ask the teller if there was an empty rent room around here. So he entered the store. Oh but the weirdo entering too, the weirdo gave him a big grin. Kyungsoo gave him back a little smile and bowed. After took some snacks and tools, Kyungsoo went to cashier.

“7 dollars and 20 cents, Sir,” the teller said.

“Here,” Kyungsoo gave her the exact fare. “Excuse me, noona. Do you know a rent room around here? The cheap one?” Kyungsoo asked.

“You are a new student, aren’t you? Behind this store there’s an apartement, a big one, in amount I mean. Haha. Approximately 200 rooms rent, I think. I rent ones too,” she smiled. “The cheap ones for student, but not cheap quality,” she winked.

“Wow. I think I’ll go there. And yeah, I am a new student, so you’re my senior, noona? We’ll meet again. So, thank you so much. Bye,” Kyungsoo said.

“Okay. Bye then… And what’s your name? I am Swift. Taylor Swift!” she shouted.

“Do Kyungsoo! See ya Noona,” Kyungsoo shouted back while got out the store.

Kyungsoo walked to a narrow street at the right side of the store. Before saw the weirdo had a convertation with the teller.

‘Why he follows me?’ thought Kyungsoo. ‘Maybe just my imagine,’ Kyungsoo continue to walk.

The narrow street stood between that store and a food stalls and ended with a garden in front of the tall building with many windows. The entrance was big and didn’t have door or gate, maybe to entry vehicles or car. Kyungsoo watched a map board near the entrance. The building shaped a rectangle with a hole at the middle. The hole looked like a sport field. The building was surrounded by a garden. The parking area was located in first floor. Next the entrance there’s an apartement caretaker room. So Kyungsoo decided to go there to completing the renting transactions. He chose a room which the window was facing the field, the only empty one who facing the field. The others were facing garden. After receiving key room of 12, he peeked the map room which was given by the caretaker, this apartement was weird, the number of flat wasn’t sequence. His flat neighbours was number 21 and 88. When he succesed to unlock his flat he looked in the corridors. There’s the weirdo man who follow him in bus and market walked toward him about 10 meters away. Kyungsoo quickly entered his room and locked the door. Still panting, Kyungsoo removed his shoes and start to observes his flat.

There were 4 rooms in Kyungsoo flat. At the left side beside the entrance was the bathroom, the right side was kitchen, behind the kitchen was livingroom with a big window and a glass door which connect to balcony, and there was a bedroom at the other side which had a window too. For a cheap apartement, this was the best choice, maybe the owner had a kind heart or something like that.

He unpacked his backpack, then went to washroom to put his tools and washed his dirty face. After that he decided to cleaning the room. Several time later he finished it and washed his hand.

He walked toward the balcony with hand full of his lunch and decided to eat his lunch there. There’s a rope in Kyungsoo’s balcony to hanging clothes and a chest high iron fence. He can see the sport field when sitting on the floor. No one there because the sun is very hot at noon. There was a space between balconies neighbor around 1 meter. So, people who want to stealing underwear can jump balcony to balcony, the dirty imagine.

After finishing the meal, Kyungsoo started to write a shopping list and organizing his task. He’s planning to see the SM University then went to the library which always open, at the end of the day he’ll shopping.

Kyungsoo locked his flat and looked around, wondering where was the weirdo go and went to the downstair. He didn’t liked take an elevator because he just only moved one floor!

“Where are you going Kyungsoo?” the caretaker greeted Kyungsoo.

“Go to library ajeossi,” Kyungsoo answered.

“Oh you’re so diligent, in the first day and look, this is Sunday. You must hangout to a fun place.”

“Not so diligent or over study Sir. I just don’t have a friend since I’m new here. And I just want to look out the campus, and the library’s campus is the place which open in Sunday.”

“Don’t say that. There’s people who know you. You’re friend right. He rents number 21. Alright then, have fun with books son.”

“Bye Mr. Gerrard.”

‘Who’s friend? I don’t think my classmate in high school study in SM-U. Maybe other class or just people who’s know me, but who?’ Kyungsoo thought.

Kyungsoo walked to SM-U (acronym of SM University), it took only 5 minutes from his apartment. The SM-U had 9 buildings. Seven buildings of Departments, main building for official, and a library building. He looked around, only several people who walk around campus with a serious expression, maybe they’re the new student like him or senior student who work their paper or just a nerd student who always go to library. The new semester just start tomorrow, but there’re already many student around campus, he thought. He still looked around and his eyes found one point, ‘That weirdo! Why he follow me!' Kyungsoo hided quietly from the other sight.

Kyungsoo kept an eyes on the weirdo. He saw the weirdo walked to the Music Faculty building. ‘Why’s he entering my faculty. Is he want to kidnapping me? But I’m not important or rich person…’ Kyungsoo thought.

More minutes were past, Kyungsoo still looked Music Faculty with a blank expression behind the trash can. When a guy threw some trashes into the can, he awaked and immediately decided to go to the library instead to his faculty. In the library Kyungsoo couldn't borrow a book because he still didn't get a student card, so he just read books there, and when his eyes tired he walked around the library building. Seeing everywhere, looking everthing.

When the sky being dark, Kyungsoo walked off the library and went to a mall near his campus. Kyungsoo wasn’t a shopaholic type so he took what he needed quickly and paid all of those. Some of the big purchases were sent to his apartment later. When he walked out the mall he bumped someone chest, and the someone was the weirdo. Again!

“S… Sorry,” Kyungsoo said apologising and in hurry pick up his items which spilled up on the floor. Many people watched them curiously.

‘Why I always touch his chest. No not that, now I almost kiss his chest. Why he’s so tall and why he always follow me,’ thought Kyungsoo. He sigh heavily. Then he had goosebump. ‘Is he a ghost?’ Then after he saw the weirdo stood on the ground he breathed normally.

“Hahaha… We meet again Kyungsoo. Your eyes are so big when shock. Oh no, your eyes still big now.”

‘Wait how he knows my name?’ thought Kyungsoo more suspicious.

Kyungsoo saw the weirdo helped him put his purchase into the bag. But The Weirdo’s face very close to him like watching a TV into his face. Kyungsoo felt weird again and more hurry put all his things.

“Hey, I think you like my chest. I think my chest is so large. Do you think so? Hahaha.”

Kyungsoo saw the weirdo’s face disbelieved. ‘This man is crazy,’ thought Kyungsoo. Because he was not focus, Kyungsoo’s hand not picked his purchase but picked the weirdo’s hand!

“Yo. You’re not only love my chest, you love this too. Haha,” the weirdo lifted his hand and Kyungsoo’s hand in front of Kyungsoo face.

Kyungsoo shocked hardly. ‘This man is really the crazy one!’

“Thank you again with your help. I must go home now,” Kyungsoo said while took his bags and started to run as fast as Sonic in he thought.

Some minutes later he was already in his flat. He took a breath heavily and drank a glass full of water. ‘Just a crazy man or a ghost. Whatever. I think I just tired. I must go to bed now. No, I must take a shower first. Washing my dirty mind and bad imagine,’ thought Kyungsoo. When Kyungsoo had showered he heard someone knocked his door.

“Wait a minute!” shouted Kyungsoo. ‘Maybe the caretaker,’ thought him. The knocks were still playing a minute later. But when he had finished his shower and got out the bathroom he didn’t hear anything. He peeked the door peephole, he saw nothing, nobody seem.

“Yeah, so why you don’t wait me shower. Hahaha,” Kyungsoo laughed his cheesy joke.

Kyungsoo decided to go to bed now, and he pulled his curtain livingroom, before he was fainting because saw the weirdo looked him straight on the face in his balcony.

 


Just frustated because this internet connection, maybe God doesnt like my fic. Sorry all. Hope you enjoy it.

ChanSoo Sukira

 

Second Cover