First Meeting - Weirdo

Highway Don't Care

'The highway won't dry your tears.'

 

Kyungsoo was a 17 years old boy with brown hair. He was 174cm tall height. He had a big doe eyes if he stay quiet, this made him cute like owl. But if he smiled, his eyes look like crescent, only a line of eyes, east asian type. He proud of his plump lips just make him y and manly because all of his body are squishy like a baby, in school he had an embarrassing nickname, Baby Soo, so in college he wanted the better image.

Kyungsoo lived in a small village named Sukjin. Suk Jin Village was located behind the mountain which called Kwangsoo Mount. Because this Kwangsoo, his parents gave him Kyungsoo name.

Pfft.

But they told Kyungsoo that named Kyungsoo mean luck ever after. His parents had a kimchi shop. But because his father passed away since two years ago he and his brother must help his mother bought ingredients in market. His older brother had a military service this year, at the same time Kyungsoo must going to university to continue his study. He wont be kimchi supplier until he die, he want to be a singer, so he chose Music Major in SM University. His mother permited him to study in big city but he must promised to keep his responsibility buying ingredients once a week until his brother release his military service. He agreed.

SM University was located in big city named SM Town. It took two hours from Sukjin village by bus, Kyungsoo thought to to take a small rented room near campus building. His class started in Monday morning, he decided to go to city early day to find a rented room and explore his new campus and new living. He already packed his stuff in a ransel, he didn’t have many stuff to packed, only t-shirt, jacket, socks, shirts for class, jeans, underwears, pajamas, toothbrush, some books, and some gadgets. He prepared a t-shirt, jeans, underwear, and socks beside his ransel to wear the next morning. His handy still charged on his desk.

Now he feels hungry. He peeked his watch, 7 p.m, time to dinner. He went to the down floor, and little surprised to found his mother already in the kitchen.

“Oh, hi eomma,” he put a light kiss on his mother cheek. “You closed the shop early, didn’t you. Why?” he had her answer but he still asking to make his mother smile. The lovely mother would lonely the next day.

“You will stay far far away tomorrow,” she spoke with teary eyes. “I can't handle my feeling not stay with you tonight. First, your appa, then your hyung, and now you. Why my man leave me one by one. Huhuhu,” her tears started falling down to her cheeks. She cried so hard.

Kyungsoo wiped her tears and hugs hers, “Sssh. Sssh. Poor eomma. You still live with Alonso. He is a man too.” Alonso was their cat. “And I still go home once a week, remember. You can call me everyday if you still miss me.”

His mother started to smile, “Sorry for make you worry, honey. Yes, you must become a great singer and make this family proud of you. Have you packing yet?”

“Yeah.”

“I’ll prepare kimchi spaghetti for your lunch tomorrow. But now, lets have dinner first, eomma so hungry.”

Kyungsoo helped his mom set the table. There were a big bowl of soup meatball, fresh cabbage and lettuce, sauces, two bowls of rice, two glasses of soda, and of course kimchi. And they started their meal. They didn’t speak when had a meal for etiquette. After finishing washed the dishes, Kyungsoo joined his omma watches Iron Man 3. Although she already 50+ and could called grandma, she liked all genre of movies. Saturday was movie time. And because their shop already closed, they watched in home. Not a home theatre though. And of course, weekend is football time, but Kyungsoo only watched Manchester United match which start kick of at 11.30 p.m.

After Iron Man 3 had done, his mother went to kitchen again to prepare Kyungsoo kimchi spaghetti. And Kyungsoo read Inside United magazine while waiting Man United match. When the clock stood in 11 p.m. His mother went to bed.

“I don’t understand why you watch a ball, that’s the weird thing that people do. You must don’t be late tomorrow, your bus stop at eight. Night Soo,” Kyungsoo mothers said when she kissed his top forehead. Her eyes were swollen, maybe she was crying again in kitchen.

Kyungsoo just mumbled unclear before said good night to his eomma. This night was first match of Man United that season, Swansea vs Manchester United. Kyungsoo still awaked until 2 a.m. Man United won 4-1, he was so happy, more satisfied because he just predicted Man United won with small score 1-0 or 2-1. He went to bed with smile in his lips, hoping get a nice new day tomorrow.

 

______oOo______

 

“Dear, wake up! Wake up! Wake up!,” Kyungsoo eomma shout noisily from the first floor.

Kyungsoo peeked his watch, he stretched his body and went to washroom, he washed his face, brushed his teeth, and dressed. He peeked his reflection in the mirror. He took his ransel and went to kitchen. He sniffed a chicken porridge flavor. His mother greeted him with a big grin. He gave a grin back. Then he made his stomach full of porridge, milk, and chicken pudding. Yummy chicken meal. After a long teary farewell, and got the hundreds of kisses, he walked in peace to the bus stop.

The bus 100 lines arrived exactly at 8 a.m. He greeted the driver and swiped his bus card in counter machine. Then he sat across a young man seat. The bus departed. Kyungsoo put his headphone and the radio. He watched his neighborhood for the last time, he’ll miss it. He almost never leaved his village, although Sukjin Village is small, there were full of facilities so you shouldn’t go to the city. After satisfied watching the scenery, he peeked the other passenger, the only one passenger in that bus beside him. Yes, it was still early in the morning and of course Sunday, so maybe people didn’t wake up early and many people maybe didn’t like ride a bus if they had a car, bus so slow and not glamour.

He peeked again that young man and analysed. That man or boy maybe was 20 years old or same age with him. That boy always smile and over reacting of small thing. When the bus swayed because bulge or hole, or stopped in traffic light, or the driver honked or braked, the young man always clapped his hands and lolling. Weird boy or crazy one? This young man wore a black cap which printing words 'FINE GOLD', tied up a black slayer on his neck, put a white t-shirt on his big body, put a black jeans with a chain hangs in one of his pocket on his long foot, and black white kets. Such a normal boy, but he broke this normal thing because that young boy put his guitar bag blocking his window not put it in luggage rack above the passenger seat, weirdo. This young man wasn't a normal person too, he was too tall, maybe 185 cm, not a normal height for an asian, and so handsome, like a rich boy, heir? Why he didn’t ride his car or limousine or with his driver or something like that. That young man also didn’t have a bag or anything else beside his guitar, so weird. Kyungsoo peeked again, but this time that young man looked after him.

“Hi!” that young man shout so loudly that Kyungsoo could hears under his headphone.

Because shocked and felt embarrassed, Kyungsoo didn’t say anything and started falling his eyes to the window again. That young boy still clapped happily. And Kyungsoo looked at his watch, still an hours when arrive to the city, maybe he could take a nap a while.

Kyungsoo felt a poke in his face and then someone pull his nose. He woke up with a shock when he found a face straight in front of him only 10 cm or less. That weirdo boy! He thought.

“Oh sorry, I must wake you up for a nice dream. That abuchi wanted me did that because we already arrive in SM Town. Where's your stop? So I can tell that abuchi. Me and that abuchi thought your sleep was so peacefully and you look so cute. But we must wake you up. I wanted do that some minutes ago but I couldn’t broke your cuteness. So I decided sit beside you. Hahaha. This bus already full you know, look around! Look around!,” the weird boy said happily and pointing random passengers. How can he spoke too much with a stranger, Kyungsoo thought.

“Oh thank you,” Kyungsoo yawned, and looked at the window analized where he was. Then he stood up, took his ransel, wanted to stood near the driver to ask the SM University bus stop. “Excuse me,” he passed that weird boy.

“Hey, where are you going?” the weird boy shouted for being ignored.

Kyungsoo didn’t hear that weird boy statement after that ‘going’ thing because he already spoke with the driver, “Excuse me Sir. I want to stop in SM University, can you guide me where is I must stop?”

“Of course!” the driver said friendly. “I think that boy likes you,” he pointed the weird boy with his eyes and smile brightly.

“Oh thank you Sir,” Kyungsoo hoped the driver pick the thanking for first of his sentence. Then he waited, standing behind the driver. After a few minute, the driver pointed the big building with SM University logo, so Kyungsoo could get off the bus anywhere near that building. Kyungsoo nodded and gave that driver a bow when the bus suddenly stopping. Kyungsoo who couldn't predict this moment because didn’t hold anything, feel confused, and fell backward. He tried to turn around and rested his hand to the ground. But that hands didn't pull the ground.

 


Hahaha. Dont know how to make a fic. I just play with formula and strange tools so couldn't write nicely. Kekeke. Just made it for a fun,  wish me can make this first complete story. Sorry for my bad Engrish, hihihi...

My other fic:

o   Something Wrong : KaiSoo, football, gender switch, hender bender, Kyungsoo as a girl

o   Diary of Soo Devil : my masterpieces of Kyungsoo, btw me Kriscasso's sister

Sukira ChanSoo

First Cover