Home

Highway Don't Care

'Bet your window's rolled down and your hair's pulled back.'

 

It’s not the first time Kyungsoo went to the market. He had millions time there since one week old. And right now here he was. Waiting the ahjumma to hurry up and finished to packing six box full of cabbages, and the other leaves, then he rope that three box behind the saddle, two in front of the saddle, on to bicycle frame, and one in to basket which hanging in front of the handlebar. Then he started to ride the heavy bicycle which gained its weight ten times from the normal one.

After got tight hugs and kisses and got hit his head because not met his mother first when come home, Kyungsoo went to the market again to took the rest of the thing he hadn’t brought. When he waited the ahjussi packing his order, he heard someone said ‘Channie’ and ‘Mister Park’. If Kyungsoo didn’t learn anything before, maybe he just stood up there like nothing happened. But, Kyungsoo learn enough, so he hide him self behind the counter.

Kyungsoo didn’t know what is up with the Chanyeol in his life. It used to be the normal one like other people. The deal was, if people said hi, he said hi back, if people helped him, he said thank you, if he made people bothered, he said sorry. But, with Chanyeol, it’s a whole lot more complicate. If Kyungsoo said hi, Chanyeol shout hello and hugged him, if Kyungsoo helped Chanyeol, Chanyeol hugged him and thought that Kyungsoo fell into him, if Kyungsoo did wrong, Chanyeol thought that he made a joke. Maybe it was exaggerate, but Kyungsoo won’t do the thing near Chanyeol or he’ll be regret soon. Some times Kyungsoo just scratching his head wondering what the heck wrong with Chanyeol brain. Chanyeol always had happy face. And Chanyeol just liked a bug who life around Kyungsoo comfy life, bugging him and bothering him and made him dreami…. No, no, no. Keep it cool, man, Kyungsoo thought. But he still hiding with his alert cat eyes.

Okay maybe that ‘Channie’ was not Chanyeol, and ‘Park’, how many ‘Park’ in his country though. They was not only Chanyeol who had named ‘Park’.

“Kyungsoo here!” suddenly the ahjussi shouting out loud.

“Pssst, don’t do that please,” Kyungsoo whispered.

“Who’s your seeker by the way. I don’t see anyone.”

Kyungsoo glanced the road. He was gone! Great, Kyungsoo thought.

“No one, my foot was itching. Hahaha…”

“Hahaha… Here there are, say hello for your mother, Kyung, that we love her…”

“No, you already have a wife and two daughters, don’t dare to seduce my only mom!”

“Aish this kid.”

“I am not kid! Thank you ahjussi for this!” before the old man can hit his head, Kyungsoo ran to his bicycle. End the shopping time. And of course Kyungsoo got hugs and kisses again when he came to his mother shop. His mother was so clingy.

Kyungsoo spent his day in his mother shop talk about life, helped took the customer order, helped counting the cashbook, and just watched his mother face made him happy.

At quarter by eight in the evening Kyungsoo already on the bus stop. Some minutes later, a car just stopped in front of him, and when the window down, he didn’t surprised that the person in the car was Chanyeol. Park Crazy Chanyeol.

“Come in, Dyo-ya.”

Tried to not arguing his narrow mind, Kyungsoo open the passenger seat and hopped in.

“Thank you, hyung.”

“Never mind.”

Chanyeol tried to talk about anything with Kyungsoo, but maybe he thought it just went in one ear and out the other. So he shut his mouth. No teeth seem. Kyungsoo was glad.

Kyungsoo opened the window down. That night the sky was clear, and the air of village trees so fresh, he breath in so deep.

“You’re not cold?”

“Not yet, are you? Sorry…” before Kyungsoo pressed the button, Chanyeol took Kyungsoo’s hand.

“Don’t. I like the air, too,” while Chanyeol pulled out his hand from Kyungsoo's and opened the other window.

Skinship! Kyungsoo thought, he brought his warm face to the window, hope the wind blew a cold one. All his hair pulled back and the wind made him sleepy. He must stay awake, what if he dreamed about Chanyeol again, when the person he was dreaming was beside him. But, the seat was so soft, and the day was too dark, time to sleep for the baby. No no no. Big no no.

When Kyungsoo still fought with his mind to sleep or to not sleep, Chanyeol turn on the radio, which Highway Don’t Care by Tim McGraw playing, again. Again. Why this song always there, when Kyungsoo together with Chanyeol. It’s a fate or Chanyeol fake did.

“Please sleep Dyo-ya, your eyes are too wet. Just blink and close your eyes.”

“Are you alright with this, hyung?”

“I had all my sleep, today, just sleep. I’ll woke you up when reach SM Town.”

“Sorry and thank you, hyung.”

“I’ll accept it if you aren’t calling me hyung.”

“Oh, sorry, I’m forget, Chanyeol…la?”

“Sound better,” Chanyeol smiled.

Okay, Chanyeol was so sweat this day, Kyungsoo thought, he didn’t need that kind of stress in his life anymore. Chanyeol was friend. Chanyeol will be friend. Those words playing in Kyungsoo head before he fell a sleep.

 

______oOo______

 

A couple hours later, Chanyeol wake Kyungsoo up. He talked to Kyungsoo something about apartment and parking area. Whose apartment? Which parking area? Kyungsoo brain still worked slowly. His face still seemed blank. Kyungsoo not sure what was that, but after three minutes saw Chanyeol face without blinking. Kyungsoo guessed he must be made a funny face because Chanyeol laughing out loud. Then he realized maybe they were already in their apartment parking area. Humming some thank you and bowing deeply many times, Kyungsoo dragged his sleepy body to his flat, abandoned the Chanyeol man. His shift started at three in the morning though, so he continued his dream again on the bed happily.

 


Happy last weekend everyone, seems like Sunday always runs so fast because of over sleep and football. Lol. Thank you for reading, commenting, subscribing, and upvoting this weird fics. 

Thank you again and I'm so sorry for my bad language *deep bow* Bye...

Cute ChanSoo is Cute