Falling in or falling out?

The first love is:

Kyuhyun spent the entire Sunday morning tucked in bed thinking about the last night’s events. He turned off his phone since he had been expecting a phone call or a message since the last night. Although he wasn’t sure what he was actually waiting for, an apology, an explanation or just to find out who was the real Shim Changmin.

The rest of the day he spent with his family watching movies and playing games, but his mind was completely out of it.

“Kyu, son, come help me with these,” Mr. Cho called his son as his mother received a phone call. Kyuhyun carried half the dishes that were previously on his father’s hand and took them to the kitchen, where his father began to wash them.

“So,” he began, “what were you doing yesterday at that side of the city? It’s kind of dangerous.”

Kyuhyun just stared at his hands scanning his mind for an answer. I wasn’t like he wanted to lie to his father, but Changmin was so confusing to him that he couldn’t just explain who was Changmin. “Um, nothing. I told you; I was just walking and I just wandered.”

“Son, I wasn’t gonna ask you anything, I respect your privacy,” Mr. Cho said calmly as he lifted his head from the dish on his hand, “but you seem troubled. Maybe I can help.”

“Nah, you’re too old to help me,” Kyuhyun smirked softly.

“Aigoo, you brat,” Mr. Cho laughed as he threw some water at his son. “No, but really, who were you visiting?”

Kyuhyun started in front of him and answered feeling like he needed to tell someone, “I ran into a friend and walked with him to his apartment.”

“Then, why didn’t you just tell me?”

“Because…I’m trying to figure him out,” he answered looking straight into his father’s eyes only to receive a smile, “You do that, but don’t try not to hurt anyone while figuring everything.”

“What do you mean?” Kyuhyun asked puzzled with a frown in his face.

“Could you pass me the towel?”

-

“Kyuhyun, we’re late. Could you please hurry up?” Siwon’s voice was heard through the door as he kept glancing at his watch and asking his best friend to hurry up.

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” Kyuhyun yelled and opened the door looking like a mess with bags under his eyes and messy hair.

“Yah! Why didn’t you answer your phone?” The elder asked concerned, “Now we’re late, come on.”

Siwon took Kyuhyun’s hand and pulled him so they could leave to school since classes were starting in five minutes. “I’m sorry, I turned it off,” the younger stated.

“Why?” Siwon frowned as he quickened his pace and pulled Kyuhyun even faster.

At the question the brunette almost flinched thinking about that morning when he heard his best friend calling him and he realized he was late. The first thing he did was turn on his phone with hopes of finding a text message, but there was none and he suddenly felt so frustrated.

“Um, no reason. Just to spend time with the family.”

Siwon found it weird for Kyuhyun to say that since he was the only person he ever texted, but he shrugged it off nonetheless because, why would Kyuhyun be lying?

-

When Kyuhyun entered his classroom, he was already ten minutes late and received a disapproving look from his professor.

“Thank you for gifting us with your presence today, Mr. Cho.” The professor said and then continued with his class.

Walking to his seat, the junior realized that Changmin wasn’t there either and he wouldn’t be for the rest of the day.

-

“Hey, Kyu, wanna go out today?” Siwon asked as they walked back to Kyuhyun’s house holding hands.

“What do you have in mind?” He said smiling at the taller and already feeling happy about going out with his best friend. He felt his heart beating rapidly inside his chest. Of course, they always hanged out together, but Siwon meant the world to Kyuhyun.

“What do you think of a movie?” Siwon asked looking ahead.

“But we watched movies the other day,” Kyuhyun pouted and let go of the elder’s hand. Siwon only ruffled his hair and smiled, “But hubby, let’s go on a date to the movies.”

Kyuhyun’s cheek’s instantly turned red as he started at Siwon’s smile. He had always wanted to kiss those lips; they were so beautiful and Kyuhyun just knew he wanted those to be the first lips he ever kissed.

“Um, sure. But hubby, why are we going on dates if we are already married?” He  said snapping out of his trance.

“Yah! It we need to go on dates to keep our relationship interesting!”

-

After eating at the Cho’s, Kyuhyun and Siwon made their way to the movies where they chose a comedy and spent the whole movie laughing, feeding each other popcorn and playing with their hands.

At times like those Kyuhyun wondered when one of them would make a move on the other, but then he forgot all about it when he fell into the comfort of their friendship.

They ate ice cream and at the end of the night, Siwon walked Kyuhyun to his house and left with a happy smile.

Kyuhyun was indeed happy too, but he couldn’t shake up the worry and intrigue he felt all day thinking about Changmin.

“Dad,” he knocked on his dad’s studio door and sneaked his head into the room, “could you please take me somewhere?”

“Where do you wanna go? It’s a school night.” His dad said from his desk while removing his glasses.

“Changmin didn’t come to school today so I was thinking that maybe you could take me to his apartment to check on him.” The boy said staring everywhere but his dad.

Mr. Cho stared at his son for a second and then stood up, “Let me just grab the keys.”

Kyuhyun followed his dad and they left to Changmin’s place. The ride there was silent yet again and Kyuhyun wondered what his father was thinking at the moment.

“We’re here. Call me to pick you up.” Kyuhyun only nodded and got off the car.

He took out his phone to text Changmin about him being there since he didn’t know where the other lived exactly. However, he saw someone walking out of the building. It was the same guy from the other night, Kan.

“Hm, aren’t you Changmin’s classmate? What are you doing here?” He asked recognizing Kyuhyun fast.

“Um, I…”

“I thought you weren’t his friend.” Kan stated looking at him with an intense and even scary look for Kyuhyun who was feeling uncomfortable. Kan’s appearance was simply suspicious and ugly. His hands were ugly and his eyes were penetrating and calculating.

“No, I’m not. I just came by to drop his homework.”

“Hm.” Kan said and then left but not before staring at Kyuhyun one last time.

After that, Kyuhyun finally decided to text Changmin. He hadn’t received an answer, but in a matter of minutes Changmin came out topless and sporting bruises all over his face and torso.

“Kyuhyun, what are you doing here?” Changmin’s eyes widened as he looked around the street and pulled the brunette into the building and into his apartment.

“I-I just wanted to check in on you…” The boy’s cheeks were a dusty pink as he realized how close he was to Changmin’s body. “I was worried and I obviously had a reason to be.” He continued, pushing away from Changmin to stare at his beaten body.

“What happened to you?” He asked frowning as he felt a pang in his chest.

“It’s nothing. Were you worried about me, Kyutie?” The taller said smirking and leaning on closer to Kyuhyun.

“Yes, I was!” Kyuhyun snapped, “You are my friend, aren’t you? You treat me like at times and then you act like silly, cute thing and you expect me not to worry when you don’t go to school or text after ditching me the other day? And then, you have like a dozen bruises all over your body and it’s nothing? Well, excuse you but-”

“Kyuhyun, shut up,” Changmin chuckled and then pulled Kyuhyun into his arms successfully shutting him up. But as quick as it started, it ended and Kyuhyun was left standing awkwardly in the middle of the room.

“You talk too much, Kyubaby, I’m gonna go put on a shirt.” Changmin continued and then left the other alone in his living room with blushing cheeks and a racing heart. Although Kyuhyun blamed that on the frustration he felt and the anger…

After a moment, he realized he was in Changmin’s apartment and looked around. It was plain, just plain. There was only a table, an old sofa and a computer. There were no pictures, no colors, no nothing in the room, except for a box on the table and a frame on top of it. Kyuhyun walked towards the table and picked of the frame. It was a picture with a something written on it.

“I’m falling...” He read out loud the words.

“In or out?” The voice behind him startled the elder as he turned around and faced a fully clothed Changmin.

“Huh?” He asked tilting his head to the right.

“Falling in love or out of love, that is the question,” Changmin asked starting into Kyuhyun’s deep eyes.

______________________________________________________________________________________

AN// Hi, it's been a long time since I last updated this fic and I wanted to thank you all for reading, subscribing and commenting on this story. I'm currently really busy with school and applications and stuff but I hope you can wait for me and I hope this chapter is not too bad. 

 

Please comment and subscribe (:

Also, I know how this story will end and what couple will be the final one, but I want to know what you guys think. I know this is a fanfic but I'd like to give a message through this story about first loves and the person you'll share the rest of your live with.

Anyways: