Sunset Scent vs. Night Sky Color

The first love is:

“Kyuhyunnie, wake up.” Siwon whispered into the sleeping angel’s ears as he fixed the younger’s bangs. “Kyu, wake up, hubby.” The only response he got to his whispers, were the little thrashing around and some humming from the brunette. Siwon insisted some more, amused by the sight. Kyuhyun had always been difficult to wake up, “Kyu, wake up,” the elder said once more, poking Kyuhyun’s side with his index finger, “it’s already -” “Shut up now, Choi Siwon, if you don’t want to end up buried somewhere alive! I’m sleeping and that’s it!”

The brunette yelled and then proceeded to cover his entire body with his blanket, leaving a pouting Siwon to sulk alone at 10 a.m.

After he finished whining in his mind, Siwon decided to take matters in his own hands, literally, as he picked Kyuhyun up, still tangled in his blanket, in his arms. The younger started screaming and thrashing around in a fail attempt of freeing himself.

“Yah! Choi Siwon, what are you doing? Put me down this instant! Wait no! Don’t let me fall, please!”

They did fall, Siwon on his and the mess that Kyuhyun was fell out of the elder’s arms and rolled on the floor successfully freeing Kyuhyun from the blanket. The younger glared and glared, “You have five seconds, Siwon, five seconds” and Siwon didn’t have to be told twice as he made a run for the door.

“Help! Help! Help!”

“Siwon, you’re dead once I get you!”

Both boys ran down the stairs of Kyuhyun’s house, Siwon laughing and Kyuhyun, hair messed and very much awake now, screaming like a psycho. However, their chase got cut down as Siwon bumped into Kyuhyun’s father and fell down. It was too late for Kyuhyun to stop and he too fell on the floor, hitting his head on the living room’s table.

-

“Well boys, care to share what happened?” Kyuhyun’s mom looked at the three men in front of her with a serious expression.

“Don’t look at me, I had nothing to do with. These two came out of nowhere running and attacked poor me.” Kyuhyun’s father defended himself as he took a sip of his coffee. Then, Kyuhyun’s mom turned to said boy and asked, “Well, what happened, Cho Kyuhyun?”

“Eer, well, you see, we were running because-” “I’m sorry umma, it was my fault, I had all the fault. I hurt Kyu and he got mad and started chasing me, sorry for breaking your base and sorry about your head Kyu.” Siwon interrupted Kyuhyun and blamed himself as he looked at the younger’s hand that was holding an icepack in his head.

“Whipped.” Mr. Cho muttered as he heard Siwon blame himself and then shrugged innocently as everyone looked at him wide eyed. Mrs. Cho decided to save both boys from embarrassment and continued, “It’s okay Siwon, and it’s nothing, that vase was an old thing.”

“Yeah, old as in a year’s old and expensive as .” Everyone turned again towards Mr. Cho, but this time he smiled and added a ‘just kidding’ to which everyone rolled their eyes.

Siwon left sometime after eating breakfast with the Cho family, since he had football practice later.

-

Kyuhyun had nothing to do for the day, so he opted for homework, but he couldn’t concentrate on a Saturday when he could be playing StarCraft. Howver, he knew what was better for him and his strong will helped him stay focused on his Chemistry book. Yet, minutes later, he received a message from an unknown number.

From: Unknown

Hey, let’s play StarCraft (^.^)

The brunette stared at his phone, confused.

To: Unknown

Who is this?

He pressed sent and waited for a reply, which came in less than a minute:

From: Unknown

Your worst nightmare :P

Kyuhyun’s eyes widened in surprise and then turned into a glare as he scowled at his phone. How did he get his number?

To: My Worst Nightmare

Changmin?

From: My Worst Nightmare

Yah! How can you say my name after I tell you ‘your worst nightmare,’ you hurt me kyutie

“I’M NOT A KYUTIE! FOR GOD’S SAKE, STOP!” Kyuhyun felt his cheeks reddening as he read the nickname and furiously typed an answer.

“Kyuhyun, are you okay, honey?”

“”Yes, mom!”

To: My Worst Nightmare

Why are you texting me and how did you get my number?

The sixteen year old boy waited for a reply, holding his breath and pressing the phone to his chest.

From: My Worst Nightmare

I missed you, Kyubaby<33 and about the number, let’s just say I have my ways (;

Kyuhyun blushed again, “Why can’t get act like a normal person?” he asked himself, banging his head on the desk where his homework laid forgotten.

To: My Worst Nightmare

You are impossible!

He waited again, but this time, no answer came and he felt disappointment. Looking at his phone for over fifteen minutes, Kyuhyun had enough of himself and hid the phone below his pillow so he didn’t have the annoying desire of checking it every two seconds.

After ten minutes, he had gone and check his phone again only to notice there was no message yet.

“Yah, Cho Kyuhyun, what are you doing? This is ridiculous!”

“Kyu, baby, are you okay?” His mother opened the door to his room and stepped in, only to have her son scream at her. “DO NOT CALL ME THAT?”

“What do you mean?” Kyuhyun’s mom looked at him confused as her son looked at her accusingly.

“Don’t call me Kyubaby!”

“Kyuhyun, I said, Kyu coma baby. What’s wrong?” She tried approaching him, but he only picked his phone and passed by her. “Nothing, I’m going for a walk, okay?”

Not knowing what else to do, his mom let him go, thinking it would help him relieve whatever emotion he was feeling.

-

Kyuhyun was simply walking by the streets of Seoul, not bothering to think about anything or anyone. He kept moving his feet in time with busy aroma of a Saturday evening, the rush to get home and spend time with the family and the air of the couples that enjoyed their dates hand in hand. The boy forgot everything in his life to become one with the air of Seoul and he felt as himself once more.

He always did this kind of stuff when he was feeling distressed, angry or sad; he walked by the street in hopes of finding himself in the sunset’s scent. It’s not as if the boy were depressed or anything like that, on the contrary, he was almost never sad, but he couldn’t help the teenage hormonal mess he was. Sometimes, even the little things made him mad.

No one had ever seen him, being only him, the Cho Kyuhyun who was not Cho and who was not Kyuhyun, only a boy mixed with the air of the city he loved. No one, expect for the source of his problems, and on that night, both boys mixed their fates.

“Chan-Changmin?” Kyuhyun stammered as he saw the boy in front of him. In return, he received a surprise expression from the younger that quickly morphed into a happy, almost painfully happy expression. “Kyubaby? What are you doing here?” Changmin asked as he saw the beautiful boy.

“I was just walking around and you?” The elder replied looking at his feet and cursing himself for having stammered before, but thankful to Changmin for not pointing it out.

“I was just grocery shopping and was about to go back to my apartment, wanna come with me?” The younger asked hopefully as he smiled again at Kyuhyun. The latter noticed for the first time, the grocery bags in Changmin’s right hand and decided heck, why not, reasoning that if he spent more time with the taller boy, his heart would get used to being around him.

“You look different.” The younger said simply and without looking at the other as they walked down the streets. “Mm, how come?”

“Well, you seemed relaxed and it’s as if there wasn’t a wall around you anymore.”

“There has never been a wall around me, Changmin, but I can’t say the same about you.” Kyuhyun said looking at Changmin in the fading lights of the evening. The taller chuckled softly and Kyuhyun thought he looked beautiful at that moment.

“I can’t argue with that.”

“I know, no one dares to argue with me.” The elder said and stuck his tongue out childishly. “Yah, Cho, don’t flirt with me.” Kyuhyun stopped walking and his muscles tensed. “What? I’m not flirting with you, Shim.”

“Well, you are if I feel seduced by you.” Changmin replied cheekily as he too stuck his tongue out and Kyuhyun couldn’t help it as his cheeks turned pink. “You’re impossible.”

They walked for some more minutes in the darkness of the now night sky. “Hey Kyu, what’s your favorite color?”

“The color of the sunset.” The brunette replied without hesitating.

“But, that’s a different color every day.”

“Exactly.” Kyuhyun answered with a smirk. “And yours, what’s your favorite color, Changmin?”

“Mm, the night’s color.” He replied turning his head to watch Kyuhyun and the latter smiled in return. Then, Changmin stopped walking and Kyuhyun raised a brow questioning him.

“This is where I live.” He motioned for the building in front of them and Kyuhyun looked at it for a moment. It was a rundown building, neglected and which seemed to be falling apart. “I know, it’s not a palace, but it’s a house.”

“No, no, I didn’t mean to make you feel that way. I’m sorry!” Kyuhyun let his head fall down and looked intensely at the floor. However, he had to look on when he hear Changmin laugh, really laugh, and he regretted it as his breath hitched from the beautiful image in front of him. “You don’t have to apologize Kyu, I know it ! Anyways, want to come in?”

“Won’t your parents mind.”

“I live alone.” Changmin answered simply, no smile in his face and the air turned still around them.

“I’m really sorry, I-” “Well, well, well, what’s this Max? Who is this boy?” A voice interrupted their conversation and the atmosphere turned tense, as Kyuhyun saw Changmin’s eyes widened in panic and then transform into ice cold pits.

“Hey, Kan, what are you doing here?” Changmin asked and suddenly, Kyuhyun wasn’t so sure this was Changmin talking, but someone new, Max.

“Oh, nothing, I was just passing by. Who is this?” Kan asked as he pointed at Kyuhyun and Changmin didn’t even turn at said boy as he answered Kan. “He’s just a classmate that was passing by and asked me for directions. Whatever, let’s just go in.”

And just like that, the two boys disappeared, not before Kan looked at Kyuhyun from head to toe, leaving Kyuhyun all alone with the night sky and the memory of Changmin that was interrupted by the one of Max.

Noticing he had no idea where he was, Kyuhyun had no other option than to call his father and ask him to pick him up. He described his surroundings and his father asked him not to move.

 Soon, Kyuhyun’s father had arrived in his car and the boy hopped in quickly. “Are you okay? What were you doing here Kyuhyun?” Mr. Cho looked around the dark street and at the rundown building where Kyuhyun had been waiting for him. “I kind of wandered, didn’t know where I was going.” He noticed his son’s absent mind and how his gaze shifted to the rundown building and he realized there was more to it, but asked nothing. “Can we just get out of here?”


AN/ Well, hello there. It's been a long time since I updated this story and every other story. School is being a pain in the , I can't! But here, another chappie. I hope it's not too boring, or lame or anything like that. Thank you all for subscribing and commeinting and just for reading and waiting. I love you! :p Tomorrow is my birthday so writing this was like my gift. I dediced not to do anything from school and just do stuff for myself XD

Anyways, please let me know what you think by commenting, if you want! :D