Vague Mission

A Tale of Two Hearts
XSYKOTICA
 A Tale of Two Hearts
"Vague Mission"
 

A man clad in a black ensemble from head to toe looked at the ominous silhouette of the castle in front of him. It was a dark and cloudy night. He could hear a distant thunder, giving warning of an imminent rain.  From where he was standing, he could see a flickering light coming from one of the towers of the castle, as if inviting him to come over. He smirked then. That tower was his destination and its occupant was his target. Of course he would come over, invited or not.

 

Thinking about what he was assigned to do, he could not help but to wonder why his superiors gave him a vague detail of his mission. Two weeks ago, while he was in the mess hall of their headquarters, one of the assistants called him, telling that the higher ups had requested for him. Without any further ado, he went up to their office where he received his order. They told him only one thing – to kill the person living inside the tower, no matter who it was. Few days later, he received the instruction on how to get to the island as well as the other things he needed, but before leaving, an unexpected letter was sent to him coming from the Supremo, the most powerful person seating at the very top of the organization. Written in the letter was a very short message, reminding him to never hesitate. To receive such letter, personally written by their highest commander, meant that this job was very important to the organization.

 

Taking every necessary measure to succeed, he finally infiltrated the island and was now ready to do his assignment, even if it meant taking a life. After all, he was used to this. Death was part of him. He already knew and accepted it. As lightning flashed, breaking the dark sky apart, he lifted his hand, trying to see its outline. With this hand, he had taken lives, so many that he’d lost count. It usually didn’t bother him, more specifically, he didn’t let it bother him, convincing himself that he was just completing his missions. It was just unfortunate for those people, that in order to accomplish it, they had to die. But though killing was nothing personal as he told himself, he could not help but to whisper his name every time to his dying victim, thinking that at least, even though they did not see who killed them, maybe they could carry their grudge in afterlife, fully knowing his name.

 

Oh Sehun. Yes, they must have remebered his name. A name of a murderer.

 

Pulling himself from this unwanted thoughts, Sehun unsheathed the dagger that was on his hips. It was eight inches long with an intricate carving of a skull and a clock. A unique weapon that was given to him by the organization he was working for. Though it was his only physical weapon, he was confident that it can cut through anything and anyone. It was a very dangerous weapon indeed.

 

Sehun stood straight, ready to do what he was ordered. But before anything else, there was one thing left that needed to be done. As he closed his eyes and tried to concentrate, his surrounding was replaced by a passage in his head. A passage that only he could enter while an imaginary clock loudly ticking.

 

‘Focus. You just need to focus.’  Sehun remembered his mentor’s instruction.

 

'tick-tock, tick-tock'

 

Just a little bit more.

 

'tick…tock…tick…tock…'

 

Almost.

 

'tick……tock…… TICK!'

 

He smiled while resting his shoulder on the nearest tree. It used up almost half his energy but finally, he was now in control of the castle. No one could stop him now. He held on to his dagger tightly and confidently walked towards the main entrance.

 

Sehun easily walked pass the twelve men guarding the main door, assured that no matter what he did, they would not attack him. He could even sing and dance in front of them and they would not even notice. Once inside, a quick study of the interior told him where to go. For days, he was memorizing the castle’s floor plan so that he could easily find his way up.

 

According to the floor plan that was given to him, on the right side of the foyer was a hidden door. Behind it, was the staircase directly connected to the tower. Sehun turned to the right and found what he was looking for. He immediately entered the hidden door where he saw another pair of unmoving guards.

 

‘Maybe the one living in the tower is a VVIP. Too bad I’m going to kill him and all his guards were useless,’ he thought as he walked up the stairs and saw the surveillance cameras in each turn.

 

After eight minutes of climbing up of the winding staircase, Sehun reached his destination. Again,  guards were stationed at the topmost of the tower. Now curious of whom they were guarding, he ignored the frozen guards, and slowly opened the locked room using the key he got from one of the guards. Once inside, he was surprised, not because of how warm and cozy the room was, but because of its occupant. He did not expect that his victim was going to be a ‘she’. A girl stood with her back turned to him. Sehun could only see her long black wavy hair and noticed how her fair skin was accentuated by her knee-length black dress.

 

‘What are you doing? Your victim is a girl, so what? Do your job! Finish your job! ’ Sehun reminded himself.

 

Recovering from his surprise, he raised his weapon towards the girl. As he was surging forward, ready to drive his dagger through his unsuspecting victim, the girl he was supposed to kill turned to face him. Shock and confusion rendered him immobile midway. His mind was telling him that it was impossible but the girl was proving it wrong as she happily moved forward with a welcoming smile.

 

She stopped in front of him, looked at the dagger he was tightly gripping and chuckled. "You shouldn't have used a dagger. If I were you, I'd use a gun. It was easier and faster," she stated in a matter-of-fact manner, like this was just a normal and daily conversation. 'By the way, I'm Suzy. Just Suzy. What's yours?" The girl reached out her hand and waited for his answer, eyeing him curiously.

 

It had taken him a whole minute before he was able to prevent himself from a complete mental breakdown. Gathering his remaining wits, he asked, "What are you?"

 

A soft musical giggle came out from her lips while she answered, “I am as special as you.” 

 


Hello my lovely muffins! Thank you for reading. Finally, our HunZy have met! So, do you already know what a cursed blood is? Don't forget to comment before you leave this story. Okay?

I'm so happy right now. To find out why, do check out my blog.

Also, visit suzyjjang.com and help us in our project for Suzy's birthday. See you!

 

GOD BLESS!!!