Almost Heaven

A Tale of Two Hearts
XSYKOTICA
 A Tale of Two Hearts
"Almost Heaven"
 

“Like you?” the man in front of Suzy asked, his dagger still pointed at her.

 

She smiled again, having no intention of answering his questions right now. “Hey! When someone asked your name, you should answer,” she stubbornly insisted.

 

A few inches from him, she held out her hand again and touched his arm. But that did it! Sehun suddenly moved, as if her touch sent electricity through his body. He gripped Suzy’s shoulder and spun her around. The tip of his dagger was dangerously near while his other arm held her body tightly in place.

 

“Don’t mess with me and answer my question! I can take away your life any time,” Sehun threatened.

 

It may not be the right time to giggle but she did anyway. Suzy was truly amused of their situation. It was her first time to meet someone like her and she was sure it was definitely the man’s first time to encounter someone who can still move after using his ability.

 

“Why should I answer? You’re still going to kill me whether I answer you or not,” she said.

 

“True. But I can also take my sweet time in giving you the most painful death you can imagine. Answer me now! What do you mean by like you? Are you a cursed blood too?” Sehun added a bit of pressure on his knife to emphasize his threat.

                                                                 

Suzy winced at the pain as the blood slowly trickled down her neck. “If I were you, more than your questions, I should be more concerned of how are you going to get out of here. You are at your limit, right?”

 

“What are you saying?” he asked again.  But even before he finished his question, he knew what she was talking about. Sehun was ignoring it for the whole time they were talking but now that the girl pointed it out, he felt the gravity of his depleting energy. Under normal situations, he would have a lot of energy to spare but he miscalculated. He had never used it many times in one day without any rest.

 

The original plan was to find the secret hideout, an old run-down hut in the island and rest for a day to regain his energy before accomplishing his mission. But he decided against it, not wanting to prolong his uneasiness in taking another life. He was now regretting his decision. If only he rested, even for a few hours, the situation could be different and he would not be trying his damnedest to stay conscious.

 

 “I could get out of here just fine,” Sehun said but his weakening voice proved it to be otherwise.

 

“But…” Suzy didn’t finish. The man who was holding her suddenly collapsed.  And she had just enough time to balance herself to prevent both of them from falling on the floor.

 

With the man unconscious, the time went back to normal and so was Suzy’s bodyguards. Fortunately, those guys could not hear nor see anything inside her room because of the thick walls that separated her from the rest of the world but most of all, it was because of their fear. They were scared of her and of her ability. So even if they were guarding the tower, they were always outside her room and stationed very far from her steel door. The guards never got close unless it was necessary and if they really had to, they would make it as fast as possible.

 

Struggling, Suzy half carried, half dragged the man behind the room divider and placed him on her bed. “What am I going to do with you?” She looked at the unmoving stranger on the bed, concentrating her mind to see if she could still feel his power. But after a few seconds, she sighed and mumbled, “You've drained it.”

 

She closed her eyes and concentrated even more to check again but as expected there was nothing she could sense from the man unlike earlier that day when she felt him coming to the island. Suzy normally could sense the cursed bloods but their presence were always toned down, since they were far away from her. It was her first time to feel such strong power quite near from where she was. She could also sense it becoming stronger and stronger, coming nearer to the island.  Curious, she focused all her mind to find out more about this cursed blood who was brave enough to come here. Suzy knew that this was who she was waiting for, that this was who she was guarded from. The one who would take her life away was coming.

 

Using her ability, she could more or less identify the man’s power but she could also sense that it was also eating up all his energy. That was why she decided to light up some candles to make it easy for whoever it was that came for her to locate the tower she was in. But now all her preparation to warmly welcome her killer was all for a naught, as he drained not only his power but as well as his energy in coming here.

 

Suzy was sitting on the edge of the bed, giving a man an accusing look. “You were supposed to kill me but now you’re sick.” The man slightly moved and groaned. He was pale, beads of sweat were forming on his forehead. And when she touched his face, it was very hot. Now concerned, Suzy immediately got up to look for something that could help lower his fever. But without any medicine, she returned to his side with only a wet cloth on hand. Left with no other way, she started wiping his forehead.

 

She took care of him for hours until the hours became days, only leaving his side when her guards knocked on her door to bring meals. Before, she would always wish that the guard would somehow talk to her but this was the first time she was actually thankful that the guards always deliver the meals through the slot on the door, because the possibility that someone would found out, especially when the man was having delusions due to his high fever, made her terrified, not for herself but for him.

 

After the second day, Suzy uttered a prayer of thanks. The man was still unconscious but his fever had lowered considerably. Relieved but very exhausted having stayed up for two whole days, Suzy lowered her head and leaned on the edge of the bed. With a smile still on her lips, she fell sound asleep.

 

***

 

‘I’m already dead.’ It was Sehun’s first thought when he regained consciousness. But then if he was already dead, why was he in heaven? Somewhere, there were birds singing and a light that made it hard for him to fully open his eyes. There might some kind of mistake, right? If he was dead then he should be in hell not in heaven. But he remembered, although hazily, that there was an angel. A beautiful angel that threatened him in a soft voice that she would kill him if he didn’t drink water. Odd, was it alright for an angel to do that in heaven?

 

‘Well, almost heaven,’ he argued in his mind, because remembering water made his throat feel like hell. Then, how did he die? Did he fail his mission and died?

 

‘The mission! Why was he lying on a bed?!’ his eyes popped open, remembering his mission to kill the occupant of the tower. With an uneasy feeling, he shifted from his position but his head bumped into something soft. He moved again but to his surprise, he saw a sleeping face near his.

 

“Angel,” Sehun whispered in a hoarse voice. He didn’t know why but he wanted to touch her face. But then, realization hit him. He suddenly got up but his body proved to be still weak as his surrounding started to spin. Sehun wanted to fight the dizziness but it was futile as he was eventually engulfed again into darkness.

 

 



Hello there! I'm really sorry for not updating for months. Hope you'll still support this story.

I wish you a blessed Christmas. May you never forget that Jesus is the reason for this season.

 

Thank you for reading! Feel free to subscribe and leave a comment.

GOD BLESS!!!

Lovelyy