Dreaded Visit

A Tale of Two Hearts
XSYKOTICA
 A Tale of Two Hearts
"Dreaded Visit"
 

 

A few hours before…

 

Suzy was awakened by the noise made by the storm. The wind was so strong that it sounded like someone was crying outside. She didn’t know why but she suddenly became nervous. She immediately stood up and walked towards Sehun who was still sleeping, checking if there was something amiss. But she found none and expelled a heartfelt sigh.

 

When she heard the opening of the slot on her door, she turned around. It was her breakfast, right on schedule. For all the years she had been in the castle, there was only one thing Suzy was sure of about her guards, that they were always right on schedule in bringing her meals.  So she went to the door and was about to pick the tray up when the guard spoke.

 

She held her breath while her heart started beating faster again. Guards never spoke to her except for one special reason. And right now, the guard talking to her can only mean one thing, that it was time for his dreaded visit. The Captain was here.

 

“Better finish your breakfast really fast,” the guard said from the other side of the locked door. “The captain will be here soon.  I’m going to fetch you after fifteen minutes so be ready.” With that, the guard walked away while her knees buckled and Suzy collapsed on the floor, panicking.

 

She was still shaking when she finally got up. She needed to think fast. There was no time to eat breakfast or even fix her appearance. With the Captain here, Sehun would be in danger. She needed to ensure his safety. She was about to wake him up but decided against it. He needed all rest he could get if he’s going to escape from here. All she had to do was to make sure that he was not going to be detected by anyone. So after a few minutes of thinking, Suzy moved from where she was standing and looked for a pen and paper.

 

‘Sehun,’ she wrote, ‘Don’t be surprised and don’t do anything foolish if you woke up and find me gone. The Captain is coming here in the castle. He is looking for me so I’ll go and see him. Use this chance while I’m gone to escape. Stop the time and get out of here. I think you’re well enough to use your ability again. I know that I promised you that you can take my life but it’s more important now that you live. Goodbye, Sehun.’

 

Suzy folded the letter and left it where Sehun could easily spot it. Tears were falling from her eyes now, part of it was because she was afraid but the other part was because of her goodbye. Somehow, part of her was reluctant to say goodbye to Sehun.

 

She took a deep breath and wiped away her tears. It was not the time to wallow in sadness. Anytime now, the guard was going to fetch her. Thus, she busied herself by adjusting the divider to hide her bed and the one who was sleeping on it from the view so that even if the guard peeked from the door he would not be able to see anything or anyone. After doing all she could to hide him, Suzy stood in front of her door so that when the guard came, he would not enter the room.

 

And then the guard arrived, ready to pick her up. Suzy first heard the jangling of keys and then the clicking of the lock. Her door creaked open.

 

“I’m going to you now to the Captain,” a largely built man standing on the doorway said without looking at Suzy. “Follow me!” he barked his order.

 

Giving a last look behind her, Suzy stepped out of her room and walked towards the foreboding dark stairway.

 

***

 

Sehun crumpled the paper he was holding. He already read the note several times but he could not seem to find the will to stand up and escape. Escape? Suzy wanted him to escape and leave her. Should he take this opportunity? No, if this happened a few days ago, he would leave without any second thought. But now, he knew that he couldn’t leave, not without her.

 

Right then and there, Sehun decided, he would escape but he would take Suzy along. Surely, they would bring her back, right? Right?

 

So as the thunder bellowed its loudest roar, the agonizing wait started…

 

 

 


I'm  confused with this new AFF look. Hahaha! Here's a short update.

You can follow and talk to me on twitter (@lennah_chan). Show some love by subscribing, commenting and upvoting. Thank you for reading!

GOD BLESS!!!