Dying Wish

A Tale of Two Hearts
XSYKOTICA
 A Tale of Two Hearts
"Dying Wish"
 

“What did you say?!” Sehun released Suzy’s hands immediately. He knew that he should be focused on his mission but he couldn’t. Not after everything that happened in the past few days. It started changing something inside him. He knew it but it looked like she was now more excited about his original task than him.

 

Suzy closed her eyes and tried to feel his power. It was easy now since it was becoming stronger and stronger every day. As she went into this dimension inside her mind, she could see a blue-green light slowly growing brighter.

 

“You’re getting stronger. You’ll be fine in two to three more days then you could finish what you need to do here,” she said as she opened her eyes. “You know I haven’t seen your power this close. It has a beautiful color,” she continued, ignoring the sharp looks Sehun was giving her.

 

“Color? What color?” He got distracted by what she was saying about his power but eventually got hold of himself. “Wait! Don’t change the subject! What did you say earlier?” he persisted.

 

“Well, I said, you’ll be able to kill me once you’ve fully regained your power and strength.” She was trying so hard to be calm about this and to remain nonchalant but the angry looks Sehun gave her was making her nervous.

 

“You want me…” he pointed at himself, “to kill you?” Sehun could not believe what he was hearing. He didn’t know why but he somehow felt betrayed.

 

Suzy nodded and looked away. “Isn’t that why you’re here in the first place?”

 

Something inside his chest hurt. He didn’t know that seeing this girl nodded in front of him as she gave her life away, was painful. Could he take her life? He couldn’t imagine her dying now, let alone take her life with his own bloodstained hands. Thinking about it, he could feel the painful tightening of his chest.

 

A deafening silence enveloped the whole room. It was as if everything went still, even the birds that was singing earlier hushed, to hear the words of the two occupants of the room.

 

Minutes passed before Suzy cleared . “But you owe me debt you know.”

 

It got Sehun’s attention back to her. “Yes, I know that. For taking care of me. So what do you want me to do?!” He knew that he said it harshly.  It was the voice he hadn’t use for days, his assassin’s voice. But he could not help it, with all these unfamiliar emotions consuming him. It was menacing voice and true enough, he saw Suzy reacted since she was not used to it.

 

‘Good,’ he said in his mind, ‘Maybe if I get back to my old self you’ll be afraid of me killing you.’

 

“I want you to take me away from this tower,” she said, her eyes sparkling not because of happiness like earlier, but because of the unshed tears she was trying hard to control.

 

Sehun went from being hurt, to angry and now to relieve. Though he was still as confused as earlier about what to do with his mission, he was still relieved. Maybe she didn’t really want to die after all. There could be hope.

 

“Are listening to me?” she asked him. When she saw him nodded, Suzy continued. “I want you to take me way from here before killing me.” Sehun was ready to interrupt but she stopped him. “No, wait, let me finish first.” She didn’t want any interruption because she might loose her courage.

 

“This my wish before dying. It’s just that I don’t want to die here. I’ve been here ever since I can remember with books for companions. So I’ve decided that if I were to die, it won’t be here but outside. That’s why I’ve prepared for you when I sensed that you were coming for me. I was going to plead that you let me out first before killing me. But everything changed when you fainted on me, I guess it’s for the better. Now, you’re indebted to me so you have no choice,” she reasoned while letting out a big sigh.

 

“Why?” It was all Sehun could ask. He was having a hard time to breathe.

 

“Why?!” It was the first time she lost control, the first time she showed her anger. “Why?! Because I want to see the ocean and know its color.” She was now crying and felt like she’s revealing herself like she’s never done before. “I want to feel the wind and the sunlight against my skin. I want to see the trees and smell the flowers. I have read about those… yes, in my books. They were described in there. And I knew there’s an ocean nearby because I can hear the waves as they hit the castle walls. But they are not enough! I want to experience all those things before I die! A-all I’m asking you is that to let me feel those before killing me,” she pleaded while wiping her tears. “Is that too much to ask? I j-just wanted to end this imprisoned life with a beautiful ending. You owe me that much. Sehun, please?”

 

She took hold of his hands. And as he looked at their hands joined, though it was breaking his heart, he nodded.

 

Suzy smiled at him and whispered, “Thank you.”

 

After that they both let go. For the whole day, they didn’t talked about it again, burying all their concerns for the day. When the night came, all that Sehun could think of was what Suzy said earlier. Could he do it when the time finally came? Suzy said that he would be okay after two to three days and he knew she was right. He was regaining his strength.  But as he looked at the sleeping face of Suzy on the sofa, he asked himself where he could find the will to carry on his mission.

 

***

Sehun suddenly sat up from the bed. He woke up late because of all the thinking he did last night. When he looked at the barred window, it was already morning but it was dark outside. He could hear the angry howling of the wind and the heavy pounding of the raindrops. A complete opposite of the weather yesterday. But more than the weather he could feel something was off so he decided to stand up and roam around. It took him just a few minutes to look around the room, he then returned to the bed while a crease forming on his forehead. Sehun tightened his hold on a small note in his hand. He knew now what was wrong, a sudden panic swept through him, Suzy was not here.

 

 

 



Hello there! Double update everyone! No matter what happens, don't lose hope okay? There's always hope!

You can follow and talk to me on twitter (@lennah_chan). Show some love by subscribing, commenting and upvoting. Thank you for reading!

GOD BLESS!!!