Exciting Game

A Tale of Two Hearts
XSYKOTICA
 A Tale of Two Hearts
"Exciting Game"
 

 

They were nearing that awful room. Suzy could feel the coldness, not from the dungeon being dark and damp, but because of the fear from meeting the Captain.

 

‘Why does it have to be in the dungeon?’ Suzy thought. ‘To make it creepier,’ she answered her own question. It might seem crazy talking to herself but this was the only way she could momentarily forget her fear.

 

The surrounding was quiet except for the sound of their steps.  And then, she and her guard stopped in front of a familiar door. If she could keep her panic at bay a while ago, now she was quivering with fear. How many times did this happen to her? It was rare for her to come down from her tower but every time she did, it was for this. To meet the Captain. And how rare was rare? Suzy counted, from the day she woke up without a memory, this happened about ten times, more or less. Random ten days out of the many years she was living here, but those ten times the Captain visited were the most horrifying days of her entire life.

 

When the guard knocked on the door, it was immediately answered by a deep male voice that made Suzy intake a sharp breath. The door was then opened by the guard. With a quick look at the room, she saw the owner of the voice standing at the corner. It was the Captain.

 

He gave her a smile. Maybe he meant it to be warm and inviting but for Suzy, it had a total opposite effect. She stood frozen at the door, unable to move from terror. She would give everything to remain outside but the guard didn’t give her any choice. She winced as she was shove forcefully to enter.

 

“Are you afraid?” the Captain mockingly asked. “You know, we can do this the easy way or the hard way. It’s just up to you to decide. You already know the drill.”

 

Suzy shook her head. “No way! I won’t tell you anything!” she screamed.

 

“Uh. Uh.” The Captain stepped forward to where she was. “My dear Suzy, haven’t you learnt your lesson? Why don’t you give up? You’ll just fail miserably at the end. Like always.” He reached for her face, at first it looked like he was caressing it but he then suddenly gripped her cheeks tightly in one hand. She flinched from the pain and tried to back away but the guard at her side who was now joined by others held her arms.

 

The Captain laughed then, a menacing one that promised her of the terrible things that she would likely face ahead.

 

“Tie her up!” he ordered to the guards.

 

The guards dragged Suzy to the shackles. She was kicking and screaming to get away but she failed as strong hands held her while others were fastening the chains around her wrists and ankles. As if this was not enough, the chains on her wrists were pulled until she was lifted up, making her body dangle. Her wrists, which were tied tightly, carried the weight of Suzy’s entire body that it felt like her arms were going to be torn apart.

 

“Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. Why did you have to kick? You’re always making things hard for us. You never learn, my dear.” The Captain went to her and slapped her face.

 

It was such a strong slap that with one hit, it left her a stinging pain and a bleeding upper lip. But she didn’t mind it, determined to stay silent this time, not giving him any satisfaction in hurting her.

 

“Look at what you have made me do! Tss…You’ve still got some spirit in you. After all this time…” Irritated, the Captain walked away and procured a tattered map from a chest. Looking angrily at the guards, he ordered them to put the table in front of Suzy.

 

He walked to the other side of the room slowly like he was strolling in a park, making sure that Suzy followed him with her gaze. Reaching up to get the whip that was hanging on the wall, he smiled deviously and then he walked back to her.

 

“Oh, please stop glaring at me. You’re just going to hurt yourself,” he snickered as he changed his direction to Suzy’s back. And with such a powerful force, he landed his whip onto her back.

 

The sound of the whip echoed throughout the dungeon as it hit her back. With her body writhing in pain, Suzy bit her lip to prevent any scream escaping from .

 

“I told you, you were just going to hurt yourself. Why don’t you ever listen to me? You’re really quite a handful. Just be thankful that I’m quite fond of your face so I’m not going to leave any scar to it,” He stopped for a moment to think about what he’s just told her and then laughingly said, “But, I can’t promise the same fate for the rest of your body. HAHAHAHAHAHA!” He demonstrated that by whipping her again.

 

Suzy was already gasping for air, when he stopped and let go of the whip, her. Her lips were already bruised and were bleeding from her bite to stop her self from scream in agony. One glance at her condition and the Captain flashed a gleeful smile before spreading the map he was holding on the table. Satisfied with its position, he looked at her with an unexplainable madness visible in his eyes. “Good,” he said cheerfully like a kid who was excited to play with his new toy.

 

“Let’s start playing, shall we?” he announced to her. “It’s my favourite game! Mind you, I always like to win so you better let me, if you know what’s good for you and don’t want to end up like the last time we played.

 

“Remember? It’s the game I always play with you. It’s real easy, I’ll explain it again.” The crazy look in his eyes never left as he started patting Suzy’s cheek harshly.  “You just have to close your eyes, use your ability and locate a cursed blood by using this map. And then I will do the rest. Not so difficult, isn’t it?”

 

“No! Please no…” Suzy was now shaking her head, tears threatening to fall any minute. Oh, she remember the game alright. It was happening again. Could she prevent it this time? This was why she dreaded his visit the most. This was why she was trembling in fear. He was going to use her ability again and every second she refused to do so and did not point a location on his wretched map, he was going to torture her. No, he was not going to give her any reprieve from the misery he inflicted by mercifully killing her. He would just continue his brutal tortures until she broke down mentally, physically and emotionally. 

 

“And this game, my dear Suzy, is called,” he continued talking, ignoring her pleas, “Point and Kill. You will be pointing and I will do the killing. Exciting, right? Okay, now, let the game begin!”

 

And for a brief second all that could be heard from the dungeon was a sob but then it was quickly replaced by a piercing scream.

 

 

 


I wanted to name the Captain but if I were to name him after an idol, I think someone will bash me. What do you think? Should I name him? Who's the best idol or actor that can take on this role? I'm really sorry if this chapter has some violence. I'm thinking of making the chapter into Rated M but I guess I will just warn you here. Please be reminded that these are all in fiction, necessary for the story's plot. I DO NOT condone violence.

You can follow and talk to me on twitter (@lennah_chan). Show some love by subscribing, commenting and upvoting. Thank you for reading!

GOD BLESS!!!