Secret Friends

A Tale of Two Hearts
XSYKOTICA
 A Tale of Two Hearts
"Secret Friends"
 

“It’s rude to stare, you know,” Suzy closed the book she was trying to read and focused her attention on the man propped on the bed.

 

Sehun cleared his throat and shifted his gaze. He knew he was blushing and hoped that she didn’t see it. For the past fifteen minutes, he thought he was secretly looking at her. Sehun thought that since she was busy reading, she would not notice but then he was wrong.

 

“Do you need something? Are bored? I can lend you some books,” she offered while standing up and going to the book shelf. “I have many books here. You can choose anything you want.”

 

“N-no, I’m fine.”

 

“Are YOU sure?” Suzy stopped, as if she remembered something, and giggled. “Wait, what’s your name anyway? It’s been days since I’ve started taking care of you but I always call you ‘you’. It’s about time you tell me your name, don’t you think?” She looked at him, waiting for his answer.

 

“I…umm…” Sehun, on the otherhand, was debating with himself. Should he or should he not tell his name? He knew it was dangerous to tell it to her especially in their unusual situation but something, for some unknown reason, was telling him that he should.

 

“It’s fine if you don’t want to.” Suzy pouted, seeing his hesitation. “But if you won’t tell me your name, what should I call you?”

 

“No, no. I guess it’s okay,” he finally decided. “My name is Oh Sehun. And you?”

 

“Really? You don’t remember my name?” She pretended to look hurt.

 

Embarrassed for forgetting it, Sehun looked away. “Sorry.”

 

Seeing him a bit uncomfortable and hearing him apologized, Suzy could not help but to laugh. “You fell for that!” She stuck her tongue out. “Oh don’t worry about it. I knew you won’t remember it with all that happened these last few days. I’m Suzy. How do you do?” She extended her hand while giggling.

 

 Her good mood was so contagious that he chose to go with it and shook her hand. “Suzy huh? Nice to meet you!”

 

“Yes, just Suzy. And you’re Oh Sehun. Suzy. Sehun.”

 

“Yes, don't you dare forget my name!” Sehun joked for the first time in ages.

 

"Of course! I'm not forgetful like you!" she said and laughed with him.
 

And then, they suddenly stopped talking and looked at each other, letting one another to savor this rare moment. Their eyes were sparkling from laughter, like they were close friends sharing a funny secret. There was no need for any word in times like this. This was the moment that both of them hardly ever experienced, like they were on their own world without any worries.

 

But the opening of the slot of the door and the rattling of the tray pulled them out from this magical moment. Once again, they were alert and cautious.

 

“Food,” Suzy pointed out like she needed to explain something while Sehun just nodded.

 

Suzy walked towards the door and got their food. Actually, the meal was only for one person, for her. But since he arrived, she had been dividing her meals for both of them. She even gave the largest portion to him, insisting that he needed to regain his energy. It was also the same with the sleeping arrangement. Suzy insisted sleeping on the only sofa she had while Sehun recuperated on the bed. Though he tried to disagree, there was nothing he could really do. She was really stubborn like that.

 

“I still can’t believe that they are so oblivious on what’s happening in this room.”

 

Still holding the food tray, she answered him. “Of course. They can’t hear and see inside my room. Or rather, they won’t. They are afraid of me.”

 

“But still, there’s no even a single camera here? I remember when I was going up this tower, there’s a camera at every turn.”

 

“Because they needed to protect me more from the outside not from the inside. There’s no need to watch this room, no danger from me escaping here. Why not? All I do all day is to read and sing in this room,” she explained. “I am locked up here to protect me from the real danger, the outside world.”

 

“Yes, I guess you're right. You’re protected from someone like me,” he uttered, with sadness in his voice.

 

Realizing what she had said, Suzy mentally berated herself. It wouldn’t do them any good if they think about those things, they would just feel uncomfortable. Trying to change their topic, she asked, “Are you hungry? Do you want to eat?”

 

Sehun shook his head. He had lost his appetite in thinking about their situation, especially his mission. He didn’t know why but as the days passed, it was becoming harder and harder for him to see her as his target. Picturing the task he needed to do always left him in a bad mood. “I’m not hungry yet. I’ll eat later.”

 

Sensing his mood, Suzy put down the tray on the table. “Okay then.” She went back to her seat to resume reading and soon became immersed with the book.

 

It gave Sehun a chance to start staring at her again. He looked at her beautiful face, a slight smile playing on her lips. But he paused when he saw something red on her neck. It looked like a small cut and Sehun had an uneasy feeling that he was the one responsible for it.

 

“Your neck?”

 

Suzy looked up from her book when she heard him. “Hmm?”

 

“You have a cut on your neck. Did I do that to you?”

 

Suzy touched the cut and smiled. “It’s just a small cut. And it’s more of my fault than yours,” she assured him. “I was the one being cheeky when you saw me. I didn’t answer any of your questions, so I guess I pushed your patience too far.”

 

“Does it still hurt?” Concern was evident on his face.

 

She shook her head and was about to go back with her book when he said, “Now, will you? Will you answer my questions?”

 

 

 



Hello there! HunZy! HunZy! HunZy! Lol! XD Did I make this chapter a bit too fluffy? Oh well, at least they are progressing. Hihihi! Next update will be posted when this story reach at least 100 subbies and 10 comments for this chapter. Please forgive me with this little experiment of mine. I just want to try if it will make me update this story faster for you. 

You can follow and talk to me on twitter (@lennah_chan). Show some love by subscribing, commentng and upvoting. Thank you for reading!

GOD BLESS!!!