Assassin's Angel

A Tale of Two Hearts
XSYKOTICA
 A Tale of Two Hearts
"Assassin's Angel"
 

Sehun stirred from the bed. He could hear someone humming an unknown melody. It was so beautiful that he wanted to stay in his position, to savor and to let himself lose at the voice. But his throat was making it hard for him to stay put. It felt like it was burning that he groaned from the pain. And with that, the humming stopped.

 

“Good! You’re awake,” a cheerful voice greeted him, a cold hand gently touched his face. He blinked a few times, still feeling confused. His mind was still a bit hazy while his body felt really heavy. He had a feeling that he had just came out of a bizarre dream.

 

When comprehension finally dawned on him, Sehun was startled at the girl hovering over him. “You!” he shouted but it came out more like a croak.

 

“Hey! Don’t over-exert yourself! Do you how hard it is to lower your fever?” Suzy reprimanded,  forcing him to lie down. “Here, let me check your temperature first.”

 

Sehun watched as the girl fussed over him. He felt her cold hand on his forehead again. And after checking for a few seconds, she wiped away the sweat forming on his temple with a wet cloth and offered him a glass of water. His gaze was then shifted from her face to the glass. He looked at it suspiciously, like it was a dangerous object.

 

As if she could read what’s going on in his mind, she laughed. “Don’t worry. It’s not poisoned or something. It’s clean,” she assured him.

 

He was still apprehensive but thirst got better of him so when the glass of water was offered again, he accepted it. The girl helped him prop himself up on the bed while he took a sip. He tested it for the first few sips but drank as much as he could after, until he could no longer feel his throat burning.

 

Suzy put down the glass when he finished and looked at her patient. She knew he was still weak. Though she could somewhat feel a bit of his power, it was not enough to escape from here. “You might still need a few more days,” she told the man on the bed like she was giving a prescription. “Your power hasn’t fully recovered yet.”

 

Now that he’s awake and his throat didn’t hurt anymore, he looked at the her, fully alert. “Where’s my dagger?” he hissed in a menacing voice.

 

“I’ve put it somewhere safe.”

 

Not satisfied with her answer,  he started gripping the girl's arm. “Give it to me at once!” he snarled.

 

Suzy gently removed his hand from her and shook her head. “Please lower your voice, the guards might not hear anything from inside this room but we still have to be careful. And no, I won’t give it to you until I’m sure that your power is fully restored and you can escape from here. I’ll let you kill me although I have one condition. And don't worry, I won’t make it difficult for you. Trust me.”

 

Sehun creased his forehead, confused with the actions of the girl in front of him. She took care of him when he was sick, didn’t call her guards and admonished him for being too loud. And now she was telling him that she would let him kill her after he recovered so that he could escape?

 

He was not a trusting person. Who would be in this line of work? But right now, he didn’t have a choice. Since he was still bed-ridden and weak, he would trust his instinct if not this girl. So he decided to stay alert for now and let her fuss over him until he’s strong enough to carry out his mission.

 

Seeing his scowl, Suzy gave him a concerned look.  “You don't look well enough. Go back to sleep and don’t let it bother you.” She stood up but before she could step away, Sehun held on to the hem of her dress.  She looked back at him and asked, “Is there anything you need?”

 

Why? Why did he stopped her? It was the question running through Sehun’s mind.  Seeing her going away made him panic, at first he thought it was because he was afraid that she might betray him while he was sleeping but deep inside he knew that was not it.  The truth was, he remembered now. The flashes of concerned eyes above him and the soft voice were hers. He remembered that everytime he was gasping for air when he was in delirium, those same eyes and that serene voice calmed him into sleep, stopping all his nightmares.

 

Since silence answered her question, Suzy asked him again. "Is there anything you need?"

 

 “Will you stay with me for awhile?”

 

She smiled and nodded. She went back to her seat, took his hand and held it tight. With that, Sehun drifted into a peaceful sleep.

 

 

 



Hello there! It seems like Sehun is always unconcious at the end of each chapter. Ahahaha! Sorry about that. XD

You can follow and talk to me on twitter (@lennah_chan). Show some love by subscribing, commentng and upvoting. Thank you for reading!

GOD BLESS!!!