Cursed Blood

A Tale of Two Hearts
XSYKOTICA
 A Tale of Two Hearts
"Cursed Blood"
 

 

Suzy nodded. “I guess I can’t avoid your questions much longer." Yes, it was time to answer his questions. Well, maybe some of it.  "Okay, I’ll try to answer it as much as I can,” she promised. “So, what’s your first question?”

 

Sehun was not expecting that she would agree to answer immediately but now that she was waiting for him, what should he ask first? He wanted to know so many things but he didn’t want to overwhelm her with so many questions. Deciding on the most important one, he asked her, “Are you a cursed blood too?”

 

“I knew that would be your first question!” Suzy chuckled. “Well, what do you think am I?” she added, teasing him to lighten the mood between them.

 

“Oh no,” he shook his head, “no, I won’t let you answer my question with a question. Please, I really want to know.”

 

Suzy sat still for awhile, deciding the best way to explain it to him. “You know, at first I don’t know what they call this abnormality, this thing,” she began. “All I know is that I’m different. I don’t get to see a lot of people as you’ve noticed. I’ve been here, locked up in this tower, ever since I could remember. The only comparison that I could make is with my guards and none of them is like me. I can feel it. I know it. No one in this castle is like me. But I know there are others, though they are not strong, I sense their presence. Different than me but somewhat the same. Am I making sense right now?” she gaze back at Sehun.

 

“Yes, I know what you mean,” he said. “We are the same because of what we have, our abilities, our power, unlike an ordinary human. But we are also different from each other because of those abilities. Each one is different. Each one is unique. So, is that your power? You have the ability to sense the other cursed blood?”

 

Suzy smiled sadly. “Yes, it’s somewhat like that. And yours,” she nodded to his direction, “yours is the ability of time.”

 

“What do you mean by somewhat? Wait,” he stopped, trying to process everything in his mind, “you can move even when I stop the time. Does that mean you are also immune to our abilities?”

 

“Yes and no. I don’t know how to explain it. Umm… My ability lets me sense the cursed bloods and their power. I can sense more when they are near, like determine what kind of abilities they have and their limitations. With this, it makes the powers tangible for me. If I focus enough, I am somehow transported into this  special place in my mind where I can see, can touch it. Since it’s tangible for me, I can choose to let the power affect me or not. Therefore, it’s a yes, I can be immune if I want to be and dodge it like what I did when you came here. And it’s also a no, because I can be affected but if only I let it to.”

 

Sehun was thinking hard. From what he heard from her, he’d deduced that it had the same principle as his ability.  “So that’s how you can still move that night! Because your ability can evade mine,” he pointed out. “You know, I think it’s the same with what I do with time. When I also focus, I can enter this passage where time is tangible. That’s why I can manipulate time to stop, slow down or fast forward.”

 

Suzy just nodded at him. “Good. So do you have any more question?” she asked.

 

“Yes, I’m just curious. You told me earlier that you didn’t even know what do people call us but when I asked you if you are a cursed blood, you understood. How?”

 

“It’s because of the rare times that the guards would let me out and me down. They would whisper to themselves but I could still hear them. I heard them call me a cursed blood. I’ve looked if I can found anything about it in my books here but there’s nothing so I just assume that that’s what they call people like us and why they are afraid of me. Because of this curse, they avoid me like the plague itself.”

 

Sehun saw her eyes glistened with unshed tears. He could relate to her on what she was feeling. When he was young he also wanted to be accepted by the people around him not discriminated and feared. But when he took his job, when he became an assassin, he learned to revel in their fear. He learned to use it as a weapon against his targets.

 

He wanted to say those. He should’ve said those and remind her that he was here to kill.  But he couldn’t. “Don’t worry,” he said, surprised at his desire to comfort her, to erase the sadness showing in her eyes. “Their fear, it was just fuelled by old beliefs. We are not really cursed.  It just that we have this some weird wiring in our anatomy. It’s random and no one know why we’ve got it. But ordinary people, afraid of the unknown, feared us. So they labelled us cursed bloods, though we’re not, and the term got stuck with us.”

 

Sehun reached out to Suzy, whose face was bowed down. He touched her chin and lifted her head. “Are you okay?”

 

“Yes, yes,” she assured him. “Thank you.” She closed her eyes let herself take comfort at gentle caress of his fingers on her cheek.

 

 

 



Hello there! Still haven't reached 10 comments for the last chapter but the subcribers are more than 100. As a thank you here's an update! Thank you so much! You guys are really amazing!

Sorry if there's no fluff or anything in this chapter. But I have to post this because of the much needed explanation about the cursed bloods. Hope you understad!

You can follow and talk to me on twitter (@lennah_chan). Show some love by subscribing, commentng and upvoting. Thank you for reading!

GOD BLESS!!!