Bedtime Story

A Tale of Two Hearts

[CONTENTID1] A Tale of Two Hearts[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]"Unusual Bedtime Story"[/CONTENTID2]

 

[CONTENTID3]

Somewhere, under a black cloudy sky, in a quiet little town, a child excitedly jumped into her bed and pulled up the covers as her mother bid her good night.

 

"Mom, don't go. You promised to tell me a bedtime story," she begged, stopping her mother from turning the lampshade off.

 

Her mother smiled and sat on the edge of her bed. "Okay. What do you want to hear?"

 

The little girl looked up at the ceiling, thinking of a good story. "Mmmm... Oh! That one," she said, proud to have thought of a story she wanted. "I want to hear again the story you told me last year. Was it last year, Mom? Mmmm... Yes, I think it was last year when we were in Seoul. Anyway,  it's the story about the cursed bloods."

 

Her mother was quite surprised at the little girl's choice. "You still remember it?" she asked, unsure about the request. "But it's not for a bedtime story. You might get scared." She tried to persuade her daugther but to no avail.

 

"I'm strong. I won't get scared," promised by the little girl.

 

Still reluctant, the mother looked at her daughter's eager face. After a few seconds, she sighed and gave in. "Okay," she conceeded and gently her child's long black wavy hair. "Once upon a time, there was a girl who was trapped in a tower..."

 

'Her name was Suzy, right? I like that name," the little girl interrupted.

 

"If you want me to continue, you should listen to the story. Okay?"

 

"Yes, Mom!" The girl giggled and let her mother start telling the story again.

 

***

 

Once upon a time, there was a girl who was trapped in a castle tower. Her name was Suzy. Just Suzy. The castle, where she was in, was built on an island, away from the society and civilization. Outside, it was magnificent to look at. It was a picturesque site to behold like those huge castles in fairytales, with trees and flowers of different kinds surrounding it on one side and the blue-green ocean on the other side. Inside, it was quite a contrast. It was dimly litted old castle interior with high ceiling, filled with expensive modern appliances and furniture.  Unfortunately, its looks did not matter to the one living here. Because the only person that could care was not allowed to see it.

 

Suzy was always alone in her tower except for her guards. Yes, the guards. Those scary looking men in black suit, holding big menacing guns. Sometimes when she was looking at their expressionless face, she would laugh. In her mind, she was thinking of how they can be so serious when they were only guarding her. As if she could escape the castle, let alone this tower,  with this fragile body of hers.

 

Though locked in her tower, Suzy was not lonely. She had books to read and stray birds friends to talk with. If she got bored, she would just look at the vast sky, the only view that she could see from her steel-barred window, and sing.

 

But there was another. The real reason why she was not lonely. It was also the reason why she was locked there. Curious? It was because Suzy could feel them. She could feel the presence of those people. Though they were not related to her, she felt connected to those people as special as her.

 

To those people she had indirectly killed.

 

To those people with the cursed blood.

[/CONTENTID3]

 

 

[CONTENTID4]

 


Hello there! I wanted this chapter to be as intriguing as possible. Are you intrigued? Are you curious? kkk~

And to all Sueweeties out there, please do visit this international forum - suzyjjang.comMeet your fellow sueweeties and spazz about Suzy.We'll be waiting for you there!

 

Thank you for reading! God bless!

[/CONTENTID4]