Threatened

New School

JOOYEON POV

I got up early agian, so that I can avoid bumping into Nana and the girls, I didnt want them to worry. I got to class early before anyone was there and waited for the bell to ring. If anyone asks I'll tell them that I fell or something. When class started I had a stradegy well not really...I will just put my head down hoping my hair covers the scars. Surprisingly it worked! All the girls came in and greeted me, but they didnt seem suspicious. Nana came in and sat down without saying anything, what a relief.. Everything was going as planned until my teacher calls on me. " Jooyeon? can you lift your head a little so that I know youre paying attention..." I already felt everyones eyes on me.Theres nothing I can do about it now. I lifted my head up slowly revealing the bruised gash on the side of my face, and the cut on my lip. Everyone began to whisper to eachother. I heard all of my friends gasp in shock. I could feel Nana looking at me. She put her hand on mine, I looked at her as I pulled my hand away even though I didnt want to, but if I want my feelings for her to stop I need to push her away. She looked concerned though. My teacher silenced everyone in class, " Jooyeon, what happened to you?" If I dont want any questions or assumptions I must answer back without hesitation. " I fell down." I said firmly. I noticed Tiffany smirking in the front of the class. My teacher and everyone believed me and continued on with class.

NANA POV

I came into class today ready to give Jooyeon her space, when she's ready to talk she will. I was doing so well too I didnt say anything to her, I was to myself until my teacher told Jooyeon to put her head up. Silly Jooyeon she must have fell asleep I thought to myself. Everyones reaction made me think otherwise. I turned over to see that her face was bruised with a deep gash and her lip was swollen too. My brain filled with questions. Who did this to you? What happened? Are you ok? Why arent you looking at me? I put my hand on hers trying to get her attention, but she pulled away. I was concerned more than ever. Her excuse was that she fell but it doesnt exactly look like that can happen from falling. My teacher carried on with class. Same routine today nothing much has been happening in school. The bell rang for dismissal. Jooyeon got up without taking her stuff before I got a chance to ask her what happened. All the girls followed her, should I go too? I thought. I was walking around the halls when I heard Jooyeon and the girls talking. I stayed in the corner listening. Uee was the first to ask, " Jooyeon, What happened, I know that this was not from falling.." Jooyeon didnt say anything. " Who did this to you Jooyeon, you have to tell us, we're only going to be more worried if you dont say anything at all." Jungah said. " I got beat up by TIffanys brother..." " he told me it was because I stuck up for Nana, which embarassed Tiffany." They were all silent " Oh my god...Jooyeon."  said Raina. Jooyeon spoke again, " Dont tell Nana, I dont need her worrying." " As long as TIffany leaves Nana alone, I'm ok." ......She's ok? She's ok?!? What the hell is she thinking? She's getting hurt for me, and why? I thought to myself. Hell if I'm just gonna stand here and watch!

JOOYEON POV

Everyone was really worried about me, I appreciated it but I told them to stop worrying. " I even enrolled in a self defense class." I told them. They were still concerned. "Please tell a teacher..." The girls begged me. " I cant if I do things will probably get worse." " Why dont you want to tell Nana?" Lizzy asked. "I'm afraid she'll do something reckless." " Plus it was Tiffany's brother that did this to me, I dont want him putting his filthy hands on her." Lizzy stopped me " Jooyeon why are you taking Nana's hits for her? Not that I want her to get hurt either but why should you?" Jungah looked at me, I knew what that look meant. I sighed. " Because I...I..I like Nana." All of them except Jungah of course was shocked. " Now it all makes sense..." said Raina. " Wait, if you like her why does it seem like your avoiding her?" Uee asked. " Now I know she has a boyfriend  I want to push her away, it will be easier for me, to save myself the heart ache from seeing her with someone else." I see..." they all said. They offered to walk to me home, but I told them I was fine, plus I have my self defense class. I had to go back to get my stuff before I left. As I was leaving I spotted Nana. Oh no what if she asks me questions, I turned the other direction so that she wouldnt have a chance to.

NANA POV

I saw Jooyeon walk out. She turned the other direction, figures since she's been getting beat up for me she probably doesnt want to look at me, shes not my concern right now, even though I am worried about her. Tiffany is. I saw Tiffany come outside with her friends. " Can we talk?" I asked her, she tried to walk away. " I know the reason Jooyeons face is cut like that is because of you Tiffany, well from your brother but it leads back to you." " If you think that I'm just gonna stand here and do nothing about it your wrong." " obviously you feel threatened by me thats why you treat me so harshly." I also know that you and Jooyeon use to be friends, how did it feel to see her stick up for me? Was it jealousy?" I asked her " YAH! YOU BETTER STOP RIGHT THERE! OR YOU'LL REGRET IT," she yelled. "I dont care what you do to me or how you treat me, just leave Jooyeon out of this, she's harmless..." Who do you think you are?" she said " Do you know who youre talking to, peasant?" she said. I to laugh. " Why are you laughing?" she asked. " Oh it's nothing really.." I said " Its just so funny, it seems like the queen being you is threatened by a peasant like me." She slapped me across the face before I could finish talking. I looked at her " Wrong move queen..." I said as I slapped her back with twice as much power, and walked away.