Hurt

New School

JOOYEON POV

I rose up from the bushes not caring if Nana saw me or not, I just couldnt bare to sit there and watch anymore, it was too painful. My heart was aching in ways you could not imagine. When you can actually feel your heart get heavy that just sinks to the pit of your stomache. Jungah was calling after me but I didnt stop walking. I kept thinking to myself how stupid I am, why do I have to like her? I already knew that she would probably never go for me, but after seeing that today now I really know that I dont have a chance. My heartbeat was strong but slow, I couldnt walk anymore I fell on my knees next to a tree and tears started flowing out of my eyes. Jungah came and saw me and immediately hugged me. " Whats going on with me?" I asked her, " Why am I like this, Why do I have to like her and feel this way?" Jungah was telling me that she wished that she didnt make me follow them, I stopped her " Its not your fault," I said, "maybe it's better I found out, now I know for sure I need to get rid of my feelings." We sat there for like an hour before we went home.

NANA POV 

Kim Hyun Joong came to pick me up. " Hi oppa." I said, "Where did you want to go?" He told me we were going to go to some park near the area. I used to like him a while ago, for a long time, we even dated a bit, but all that is over with, he's too much of a player for me. Plus I like Jooyeon now.. When we got to the park he said he wanted to walk around and talk. He began to bring up all types of old memories, I didnt want to listen to them but I just laughed along. I noticed that he was closer to me than usual, he even tried to put his arm around me. I use to feel safe in them, but not anymore, I pulled away from it instead. We got to this water fountain that words cant explain. The sound of the water droplets brings me to peace and the sunset behind it couldnt be more perfect. "Lets sit down," he offered. As I was sitting all I could think of was that I wish Jooyeon was here with me, its a beautiful scenery but it doesnt mean anything if youre not with someone who means something to you. Oppa spoke and broke the silence " Nana, I miss you, I miss what we use to have, I wish I could go back in time and undo what I did, I still love you." he said leaning in to kiss me. I was still processing his words when I suddenly felt a pair of lips on mine. What the heck is going on? I pushed him off. "Oppa!" he looked at me like he wasnt expecting me to do that. " Whats the matter, dont you still like me?" he asked. " I use to..but not anymore...not after what you did to me." He got up from the bench " I said I was sorry Nana, if I could undo what I did I would." The old me would have longed to hear those words, " But you cant! You still cheated on me! do you know how devastated I was and every time that I look at you I remember that day so clearly." "Im sorry Nana, but I'm not giving up on us, I'm going to try and fix what we had." Anger filled my body after a year he wants to try and come fix things?! " It cant be fixed oppa! what if I dont want it to be fixed!" He looked at me confused " What do you mean?" I had to tell him... " I like somebody else and this person is helping me heal from the pain that you put me through, I could have been with this person right now, but I chose to hang out with you which was clearly a mistake!" I said as I was walking away. He called after me, but I didnt stop until he pulled my arm " At least let me drive you back home." he offered, but I refused. " I'd rather walk by myself."  I said as I pulled my arm away from his clutch.

JOOYEON POV 

MY alarm went off. I looked at the time 6:30. *SIgh* The weekend was over with and it was time for school again. What am I going to do when I see Nana? Should I pretend that I never saw anything?.....No, maybe its best if I ignore her, maybe its best for the both of us that I push her away. I got to school early today. I saw everyone together including Nana. They called me over, but I just walked away. It hurt to look at Nana, it's not her fault, she did nothing wrong, but I just cant stand to look or be near her knowing that I cant have her. How selfish of me...I thought to myself. I went straight to class, and sat down. My teacher was even surprised I arrived early " Jooyeon youre here early!" she said. I bowed to her and went to my desk. The bell rang and everyone was coming in to class. Uee was the first to come up to me, " Jooyeon  we called you this morning, why didnt you come over." I'm really good on my feet so i told her " Oh, I was tired and needed to come to class to sit down." She nodded and went to her seat. Then Nana cam in  " Goodmorning Jooyeon!" she said. She must be super happy having that romantic date with her boyfriend this weekend. I didnt want to be completely rude so I just smiled at her. Class began, it was the first time I've ever paid so much attention in my life." Nana slid me a note. Oh no what could it be...what does she want? I opened the note and it said " Are you ok? You've been acting funny." I wrote back a quick response " Fine I just need a little time to myself."

NANA POV

Jooyeon has been acting strange around me, could it be that she knows I like her????.....No theres no way she does...right? She said she needed a little time to herself so I'll give it to her. Nothing much happened at school today. It was a long dreadful day. The bell finally rang for dismissal. I was walking outside when I noticed Kim Hyun Joong standing next to his car. I walked up to him " Oppa why are you here, was I not clear enough yesterday?" He just laughed and said to me " I dont want things to end the way they did, I'm not giving up on us, but I understand where youre coming from, so I just want to try and be friends again, if thats ok with you?" I already told him how I felt and whether I like it or not he was one of my really good friends for a long time so I told him " We can be friends, but I want you to keep in the back of your head that we will never end up together again, it's better that you realize it now." He nodded " I'll take what I can get." The girls walked over, everyone began asking me questions " Nana is this your boyfriend, he's cute." I told them that we were just friends, and I noticed Jungah looked at me funny like she didnt believe me...weird. Everyone was giving him compliements and he looked like he enjoyed it. " Do you girls want a ride home?" He asked. All of them accepted except Jungah who was looking somewhere else. I wonder where Jooyeon is. She's not with them, where could she be?

JOOYEON POV

The bell rang for dismissal I was the last to leave this time. I walked outside the gate and saw everyone surrounding Nana and her boyfriend. I felt my heart beginning to ache again. I was about to leave when I saw Jungah turned and noticed me. She was going to come over but I put my hand up and shook my head stopping her. As I was walking home I realized a group of guys following me. I tried to walk faster, I guess they noticed because they jumped in front of me out of no where and stopped me. " So this is the loser who embarassed my sister in class!" one of them spoke. I get it now...he must be Tiffanys brother. "I didnt do anything wrong." I said "I was sticking up for a friend." He stopped me " Oh the new transfer student? The really hot one," " I wouldnt mind having that to myself." he spoke as he started laughing with his friends. I felt my hands twitch, I wanted to punch him but I held back. " Do you really think you can embarass my sister and get away with it?" he said. " It was her own fault, if she wasnt being such a jerk in the...." he punched me across the face causing me to fall on the floor. I tasted the blood in my mouth and the side of my face was burning from the gash he left behind, I could even feel the warmness of my blood dripping out of it. He bent down and lifted my face up." Embarass my sister again, or tell anyone about this, and youre really dead." he said as he tossed my face back down and got up and left with his friends. I got up and brushed the dirt off of my clothes and continued walking. I didnt regret sticking up for Nana, I'd do it again if I have to. I was happy with the fact that this happened to me instead of her. What if it had been Nana that stuck up for herself she would have been in my positioned, I sighed in relief with the fact she wasnt. Once I got home I went straight to the bathroom. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw the big gash on my face turning into a bruise and the cut on my lip was swelling up. *sigh*  I grabbed a paper towel and began to whip the blood off. Every bit of it stung like hell, but it still didnt hurt as much as seeing Nana with her boyfriend, nothing did. I hate this one sided love story...I thought to myself.