Book 1.02

The Glass and The Rock

2012

CN Blue comeback stage.

After finishing their schedule singing “Still In Love” on the show, the group returned to their dressing room, to wait for the end show, where every group that was presented during that day’s running will be there. Opening the door, they were showered with congratulations. The band was momentarily shocked, but happily entered the room and began greeting everyone who was there. Boys and girls groups from every company were present. From SM to FNC, to Cube Ent, etc. it was a very rowdy moment. Leaving their breadth, each group had to leave, getting ready for their act, as well as the ending show. Finally, serenity returned to the blue boys’ dressing room.

“Whew, that was invigorating.” Yonghwa said.

“Yea, it’s good to see everybody again. We’ve been making rounds in other countries, it’s good to be back.” Minhyuk replied as he places all the gifts diligently on the table.

“Hey, since we have nothing to do, how about we go listen to the others?” Jungshin suggested.

“Yea, let’s do that.” Minhyuk replied as he placed the final gift on the table. “Oh!, hyung’s sleeping already.”

“Yea, don’t wake him, he’s been up way too late lately. He needs this.” Yonghwa nudged the other two to get out of the room. Yonghwa followed them, slowly closing the door to the dressing room.

 ---

Lee Jonghyun was unaware of what has happened as he was already running in his dream. Suddenly, the phone on his back pocket vibrated, causing him to twitch in the process. Drowsily, he pushed himself up to sitting position on the couch. Letting out a big yawn, he once again let his eyelid droops down, closing his eyes. Suddenly, loud music began drifting toward him. Realizing what was happening, he reached for his coat and rushed toward the door. Opening the door, he ran down the hall toward the stage where everybody has already congregated. The ending show has already began to his dismay. Being his introverted self, he couldn’t simply walk toward the stage, where he’d sure to be focused on. Noticing his hyung in the back with the crowd, Jonghyun called toward him.

“Hyung~~~” Jonghyun tried to maintain his voice below that of the MC and the background music. However, tried as he might over and over again, Yonghwa hadn’t noticed him, or anybody else.

 

 ‘Oh, I hear him.’ She thought to herself as she lightly danced to the rhythm of the background music. ’Am I hallucinating?’  SNSD was standing in the front of the crowd besides the MC, due to their popularity. As she couldn’t shake the voice ringing in her head, Yoona glanced over and immediately recognized the owner of that voice. Seeing him flustered as he tries to called for his fellow members, she squinted her eyes.

‘This annoying guy.’ She then faced forward, continuing to dance to the beat of the song, and retreated herself from the front, into the crowd. Luckily, the camera was all on the MC at the time, seeing as he still was making his scripted announcements. Yoona turned, finding Yonghwa, tapped him on the shoulder. Yonghwa turned, slightly confused. But seeing Yoona, he greeted her graciously; and she too, returned her bows. She whispered into Yonghwa’s ear, and in the process, widening his eyes. He flashed his smile and thanked her, and turned his attention towards Jonghyun.

Yoona returned to her place in the front, and returned to her demeanor.

Yonghwa called the blue boys together, and huddled themselves as they moved to where Jonghyun was. He then mixed himself back into the crowd with the help of his brothers as the ending show continues.

At the end of the show, everybody was making rounds, bowing to each other. CN Blue had to especially do this, as they received gifts from their fellow idols not long ago. Finally leaving the stage, each group simply returned to their respective dressing rooms. It has been a long day for every one of them, they simply wanted to relax until whatever was next on their schedule. The boy band did the same. However, their dressing room was rather far away from the stage, so they were one of the groups that were last making there. Along the way, in the hall, they chatted up with members of other groups. One by one, each disappeared into their dressing room, leaving the final two groups, SNSD and CN Blue. Thanks to the show Seohyun and Yonghwa were on years back, the two groups were rather tight.

“Hey, sorry we couldn’t congratulate you guys along with the others earlier.” Taeyeon spoke.

“No problem sunbae, we knew you had to perform right after us.” Yonghwa replied, gesturing a relaxed air about him.

“Hey, what did I say about calling me that?” Taeyeon pout.

“I should do it more, do it everyday, if I ever stop, the world ends.” Yonghwa smirked, causing everyone from both groups to broke out in laughter.

“YAH you!!” Taeyeon punched him on the side jestingly.

“OOooohhhhhhh~~” the group was in sync in their teasing.

Yonghwa then ran to Seohyun and retreated behind her back, “Yeobeo, noona hit me~~”

Then he received a smack on the head by Seohyun. “Yong Choding!”

Everyone burst out in laughter as he hold his head low, pouting as it that little smack really hurt.

“Oh guys, come knock on our dressing room after you’ve finished changing.” Tiffany interjects, “we have a gift for your comeback.”

“MH! We’ll be there.” Jungshin said as he opened up the door to CN Blue’s dressing room.

While Jungshin was holding the door, Minhyuk entered first after he waved goodbyes to his fellow idols, then as Yonghwa was about to enter, a sudden thought struck him.

“Hey Jonghyun, thank Yoona for calling me for you at the ending show.” Yonghwa directed his words toward Jonghyun.

Jonghyun momentarily halt, as did the SNSD group. He dropped his head to the floor as he hastens his steps to catch up to Yoona in the midst of SNSD’s stop.

She had already turned around looking at his direction, her eyes glinted as she glared at him.

He held his right hand onto the back of his neck, lifting his head.

“Kamsahamnida, Yoona ssi.” Said as he smiled, then bowing his head quickly.

“Neh, not a big deal.” She waved her hand signaling it was nothing, and continued on as the girl group walks toward their dressing room.

 Jonghyun in turn walked back toward the CN Blue’s dressing room, where Jungshin was still holding the door for his hyung.

 ---

Moments, later, the three members minus Lee Jonghyun were knocking on SNSD dressing room’s door, making a funky beat out of it.

The door swung open quickly, almost hitting the three elementary students who were making a ruckus.

Sunny gave a big grin as she invited them in.

“Sheesh, so hard to get some appreciation here.” Jungshin said with a grin.

“You don’t know it, but we were dancing to it beat just now.” Hyoyeon replied as she knocks on the table, mimicking the earlier rhythm the blue boys were doing.

“Hehe, she’s the drummer of our band.” Jessica said.

Minhyuk blushed at the mention of a drummer. “Hyung, how about we trade Minhyuk for Hyoyeon noona?” Jungshin said seeing Minhyuk’s drooped head.

“I don’t think it’d be fair for SNSD.” Yonghwa said convincingly.

“Eh? Why?” Yoona joined in.

“Since none of us can dance, he’ll just mess up their dynamic.” Yonghwa quickly replied.

The room bursting out with laughter, everyone including the stylists who were there burst out loud, unable to contain themselves.

“I knew that was coming too, but…haha…still…” Taeyeon replied as she covers .

Minhyuk also sheepishly laughing, knowing that was the statement they often replied with to every question regarding their weaknesses.

“Ah, we bought gifts for you guys while we were in Japan.” Yonghwa spoke when the laughing cooled down, rummaging through his bag.

“Oh, Us too,” Taeyeon said as she huddled the SNSD together looking for the gifts. “Btw, where is Jonghyun?”

“Hyung left to wait for is in the car. Probably sleeping in it right now.” Minhyuk replied.

“I see. Has it been that tough for you guys?” Jessica asked.

“Him more than us. He rarely sleep while we were doing shows back there.” Yonghwa replied, taking out their gifts with the help of Jungshin and Minhyuk.

The boys then turned to the girls, who were still getting their gifts out.

“JAJANNN!” the girls shouted in unison.

Lying in their palm were small key chains: an acoustic guitar, an electric guitar, a bass, and a drum. Each one of those keychain had CN Blue engraved in them.

Knowing which belongs to whom, they each grabbed their own and thanked the group happily. As the boys still eying their new shiny toy, the girls made their way toward the table, where the blue boys placed their gifts.

On the table, there were figurines as well as a cooler.

“Are these us?” Sooyoung asked. Pressing down on the head of a figurine, causing it to shake.

“Yea, these are custom made to represent each of you guys.” Jungshin said proudly.

“Can you guys guess who is who?” Yonghwa asked chidingly.

“Hmm, rather easy. There’s the Ice Queen and Sunny.” Taeyeon replied as she points toward the two bobble heads with glacier in the background and one with a yellow setting sun.

“Hahaha, I can totally see the resemblance.” Sunny remarked, recognized her clone.

“Me too.”

“OO, I see me, I have antlers.” Yoona said gleefully.

“Don’t forget that ice cream cone in your mouth too.” Yuri remarked.

“Oh, look. Seohyun is still reading a book during an earthquake.” Sooyoung said as she flicked the bobble head’s head, making it shake.

Everyone laughed once again, these gifts were just funny and cute.

“Ohh, is that what I think it is?” Tiffany said, hovering her head closer to Seohyun’s bobble head.

KYAAAA!!! The girls all shouted at once. All except Seohyun, who was covering her face in embarrassment.

“Did you ask them to put it in?” Jessica aimed her question toward Yonghwa.

Yonghwa gave a slight nod, causing the shrieks to repeat themselves as the girls jumped giggling. The stylists all tried to come over to see all the commotion, but the girls shooed them all away as they each grabbed their respective figurine and began to them in their bags.

“Thanks guys, these were cute.” Taeyeon said with a smile.

“Same with yours, we appreciate them.” Yonghwa said, and all three bowed their heads toward the SNSD group. “Oh, don’t forget, that is also yours.”

“Let me guess, blueberry ice cream.” Sunny said wittily.

“Yes, Jonghyun bought it for you guys.” Jungshin reaffirmed her.

Everybody looked in the direction of the cooler that was placed on the table. To their surprise, Yoona had already opened up the cooler and had a scoopful of the ice cream in .

“Yahh, what are you doing right now?” Yuri pushed her aside.

“WAE? This is meant for me.” Yoona replied with an attempt at getting more ice cream, reaching her arm toward the ice cream bin that was taken from her.

The other six members also joined in on the fun, leaving just Seohyun standing before Yonghwa.

With both her hands cupping the bobble head, she sheepishly bowed in his direction, thanking him. Between the cracks of her finger, on the hand of the bobble head that was holding the book, there was a glint of gold on one of the miniature finger. He too, smiled at her and bowed, mouthing a word to her. She blushed and turned around, joining her sisters in rank of trying to get some to eat.

“I can’t believe they would fight over that box.” One of the stylists said, gaping at the sight.

The three blue boys let out a small chuckle.

Hearing that, the nine girls rushed toward her with the bin in hand. It was so shocking seeing nine of them suddenly approaching her all at once, she retreated a step. But of course, it was nine to one. They grabbed her, held a small spoon with a dash of ice cream in it toward .

“Try it.” The girls smiled.

Seeing that there was no way to beat the corps, she opened her jaw and took a bite of the ice cream. Her eyes suddenly widen as the flavor ransacked her taste buds.

“What is this?!” Unable to hold in her question.

The girls smile knowingly. “That’s what we’re saying!”

The other stylists also asked for a taste, and their reactions were similar to the first.

“This is so good!”

“Is this what heaven tastes like?!”

“Where did you guys get this?!”

The SNSD girls shook their heads, remembering they had been through this several times before.

“They won’t tell you. It’s a big secret.” Yuri pouted.

“Yea, big secret, even between ex-married couple.” Sunny added teasingly.

“Yah, it’s not like we don’t want to, we just don’t know.” Yonghwa replied, his ears turning red.

“How could you not know? I mean all four of you are together all the time right?” Sooyoung continues.

“Well that’s the thing, he orders it secretly.” Minhyuk replied.

“So only Jonghyun knows of this?” the stylist also joined in pressuring the boys. Seeing the sight, the SNSD girls smiled, ‘Yes, more comrades.’

“Uhh…yea.” Yonghwa felt overpowered.

“And he doesn’t say anything about it?” Another stylist asked.

“And you don’t try to get it out of him?” Hyoyeon further the investigation.

“He only said back when he was living in Japan, he got addicted to it real bad and doesn’t want the same thing to happen to us. So once in a while is fine.” Jungshin remarked, rescuing his hyung in the process.

“Ugh. We’ve been through this.” Taeyeon has given up, reaching for more ice cream to satisfy her.

“Che, just like him to not share.” Yoona remarked with a mouthful of ice cream in .

After a while, the boys bowed, readying to leave because they have a schedule to get to tomorrow. Same with the SNSD girls.

“Thank him for the ice cream. Tell him next time, we will have him tell use where to get it!” Sooyoung shouted.

“Thanks for this gift, I’ll give it to him. Similar to the warning.” Yonghwa grinned as he bowed his final good bye.