~7~

Behind The Bookshelf

Minho must have noticed that my mood had changed. I was having another flashback, another terrible memory had come to mind.

"Are you..okay?" he asked, concerned.

I nodded. He sighed, then said, "Well let's go. I'm starving. Would you like me to buy you lunch?"

I checked my phone for the time. "I'm sorry but I have to get to work." I said. "I'm almost late."

He nodded. "Alright. Well I'll just hang out here... So I guess this is goodbye. Anyways, I hope to see you around town." He smiled brightly and held out his hand, and I shook it politely. I hated to lie to him about working today but I didn't think I would be much fun for the rest of the day, I was in too much of a solemn mood.

"Goodbye" I said, leaving the old boxcar. I turned as I left and smiled at him lightly. He was good company. I hoped to see him again.

He smiled and waved, then shut the door. Suddenly I wished I had found out what was behind that shelf. It was terribly old and barely any books were on it...so why did he have it there?

I figured it was just a dirty magazine, so I walked on, caught the next bus home and went straight to bed, sleeping until morning.


"What do you mean we can't read it?"

"My father says not to." Soyeon replied.

The young boy put his hands on his hips and protested. "I'll bet it's something mature. Don't you wan't to know? Then we can know something we aren't supposed to...Isn't that exciting?" He grabbed the book from Soyeon, who screamed and fought for it back. "Cmon Soyeon, I'm your best friend!"

"This isn't something to play with ok? Let's read something else."
"Nevermind I want to go home." The small boy pouted.

Soyeon's mother rushed in upon hearing the commotion. "Soyeon dear, what's wrong?" she asked, seeing Soyeon's sad face. "What happened? What..is that?" she saw the book.

Soyeon rubbed her nose. "It's my present from Daddy. But he says not to read it yet."

The boy pouted. "Let me go home now. You're no fun."

Soyeon's father walked in calmly, and seeing the book, he ushered his wife out of the room, taking Soyeon into his arms. "Soyeon. This is a secret. Understand?"

Soyeon nodded. She didn't know what the big deal was.


 this chapter is a little short but its just the idea i had for now ^^