16

Behind The Bookshelf

"So...I have a question for you." I said nervously, looking down at my hands in my lap. Minho swallowed a bite of his breakfast and set down his fork.

"What is it?" he asked.

I bit my lip. "Why is it...that you wanted to know about my past so much?" I looked up at him nervously and curiously. He gulped, looking away for a second, and then smiled.

"There's a reason, but you don't need to know it yet."

I nodded. "I don't understand, but I'm not going to argue." I said, blinking.

Minho's face brightened, and he smiled, laughing. "Good. May I ask you a question then, only if you're comfortable answering it?"

I pursed my lips, looking from side to side. "Maybe. What is it?"

He leaned forward, staring into my eyes. He his lips. "What was your mother like?"

 

"Soyeon ah, come here."

"Ye! Umma, look what I found, it's a lizard!"

"Ah, isn't that cute! Wow Soyeon you're one great explorer." she winked at her daughter.

Her daughter smiled proudly, holding the lizard tightly. "Shall we let it go, Mommy?" The phone rang.

Her mother grinned. "Yes, lets. Come outside for a moment, let me get the phone real quick, I'll be right there."

Soyeon skipped outside, petting the lizard for a few moments. She looked in through the window at her mother, who had picked up the phone, and was now angrily yelling into the reciever. Soyeon tilted her head, wondering who her mother could be yelling at.

She tiptoed inside. "Umma?" she asked quietly.

Her mother turned around, tears in her eyes. "Soyeon, go back outside this instant. And let that damn lizard go will you!"

Soyeon's eyes widened and her face fell, her lip quivering. She rushed outside and threw the lizard into the grass, rushing to cry behind a bush.

 

"She was ... confusing."

 

A newspaper rested on the table in the hospital. The front page contained an article. “Woman killed and girl injured in car accident: Memory lost.”

The girl in the article rested in her room, asleep, while the boy was gone, taken to America with his aunt, the only family he had left. The girl was subject to adoption after her days of rehab in the hospital.

The doctors guessed that her memory would never return, and that its disappearance was a result of the many traumas she experienced. She remembered nothing except her parents, and very few details about her life before this.

She does not remember Minho. 

A/N hey guys! sorry again for it taking forever. hope you enjoyed this chapter.

please comment! and follow me on tumblr ^0^
squishyunseung.tumblr.com