Chapter 4

Fated By Shooting Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“ Uncle, Auntie, Jong-ie~ I’m going to the hill!!” Sungyeol said excitedly as he waved his hands to his family.

 

“ Okay~ Be careful on the way!!” his uncle replied while his auntie and Sungjong only waved their hand, smiling.

 

Sungyeol walked happily towards the hillock, he didn’t even bother to climb ‘till the peak, hoping he would meet Myungsoo there. He only brought his notes since that day there’s nothing special. When he arrived, he found the place was empty. No one there. He sat under the tree, sighing..

 

“ Hhhh.. Maybe it’s not that the stars granted my wish or something.. It’s all happened merely by chance..” he uttered slowly.

 

“ Looking for someone, huh?” a voice asked him. Sungyeol stood right away, he looked around, but he found nothing..

 

“ Up here,” the voice said again. When he looked up, he noticed there’s someone he’d been looking for was sitting on the branch of the tree..

 

“ What are you doing up there?” Sungyeol asked, smiling widely.

 

Myungsoo smiled gently as the moonlight illuminated his face. The shades of light made him looked like an angel without wings. Sungyeol’s mouth opened slightly as he was so mesmerized by the latter..

 

“ Get some fresh air,” Myungsoo answered.

 

“ It was your answer for my question yesterday,” Sungyeol jeered.

 

“ Hahaha.. Well, I like sitting here.. I can see everything down there and it’s so beautiful,” Myungsoo said as he gazed so far ahead, smiling.

 

“ Oh, really?”

 

“ Yeah. And also the stars can be seen clearly from here. I love this place..” he said as turned his head and looked at Sungyeol, still with his smile.

 

“ We can see the stars more clearly than down here? Really??” Sungyeol asked excitedly. His eyes was sparkling because he’s so excited. He really couldn’t hide his amusement when he talked about stars.

 

“ Yep. Feels like our hands can reach out to touch them since it seems so close..” Myungsoo smiled gently.

 

“ WAAAHHH!! THAT’S COOL!!!!!” Sungyeol jumped in happiness, made Myungsoo laughed at his over-excited reaction. But, then he looked at Sungyeol deeply..

 

“ Ssst! Don’t yell like that. Too noisy,” Myungsoo said, tried to calm Sungyeol.

 

“ Ah.. Sorry.. I forgot that you hate noisiness for a second ‘cause I was so excited..” Sungyeol grinned.

 

“ It’s okay. Wanna join?”

 

“ Hum.. I’d love to, but I guees I’ll stay down here..” Sungyeol looked down.

 

“ Eh? Why?”

 

“ I can’t climb a tree. I can’t go up there..”

 

Myungsoo smiled slightly, then he jumped down..

 

“ I’ll help you,” he said as he landed in front of the taller boy.

 

“ Eh? No, no, no! You don’t have to,” Sungyeol shook his head while waving his hands.

 

“ Come on. You’ll regret if you don’t see it,” Myungsoo smiled.

 

“ But..”

 

“ Come on! Trust me. I’ll never let you fall down,” Myungsoo said as he extended his hand. Sungyeol grabbed the latter’s hand hesitantly.

 

Myungsoo went up first, then he helped Sungyeol to climb up. They climbed little by little, right before finally they reached Myungsoo’s favourite place, the boy asked Sungyeol to close his eyes..

 

“ Close you eyes, please. It’ll be a surprise for you,” Myungsoo said as he smiled.

 

“ Eh?”

 

“ Come on, just do it..”

 

“ Err.. Okay..” Sungyeo agreed in the end, then he closed his eyes. Myungsoo pulled him, then he felt that he already sat on the tree’s branch..

 

“ You can open your eyes now,” Myungsoo spoke softly. Sungyeol opened his eyes slowly and his mouth fell open. Just like Myungsoo said earlier, the view was really magnificent. They could see the town from there. The city lights was shimmering and glittering beautifully as the stars twinkled around the crescent-moon..

 

“ It’s pretty, right?” Myungsoo asked. Sungyeol only nodded eagerly as his eyes still fixed on the scenery.

 

Myungsoo could only smile, seeing Sungyeol totally attracted by the view. He decided to not disturb the latter and sat beside the taller boy while quietly observed the boy’s face till its details. The boy’s eyes were sparkling under the moonlight while his lips curved into a smile. Sungyeol’s chubby-cheeks which calling him to pinch it.. He could only find a word to describe the boy. Cute. Everything about the boy was cute. The way he talk, his behaviour, his smile, everything..

 

“ Ah! Gemini!!” Sungyeol yelled as his finger pointed to the sky, startled Myungsoo.

 

“ Gemini?” Myungsoo puzzled.

 

“ Yep! The constellation!” the tall boy said excitedly.

 

“ Ah, the one in zodiac?”

 

“ Yes! Don’t you know the story about it?” Sungyeol looked at Myungsoo as he smiled happily. The latter shook his head..

 

“ I’m not into zodiac, myth, fairy tale, and things that are illogical,” Myungsoo replied.

 

“ You’re no fun!” Sungyeol pouted.

 

“ What do you expect? I just don’t like irrational things.”

 

“ I bet you also don’t believe in Santa, right?”

 

“ Of course. There’s nothing like an old man who always give out some presents on Christmas. It just makes no sense.”

 

“ Eeey! Did you really never believe that? Even when you’re still a toddler back then?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter