Chapter 9 ~Mission Impossible Part. 2~ [Summer Edition Special]

Fated By Shooting Stars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days had passed, the exam was coming in a few days, yet Sungyeol still struggled with his Korean language skills..

 

“ Is there any provebs, idioms, or sayings that you remember?” Myungsoo asked.

 

“ Eh? Uhm.. Let me think..” Sungyeol furrowed his eyebrows as he thought so hard.

 

“ Hyung, don’t tell me you don’t even know one of it?” the magnae mocked.

 

“ Ya! I know it, if it’s only one!” Sungyeol exclaimed.

 

“ Hahaha.. Then, what is it?” Sungjong laughed in a mocking manner, then raised one of his eyebrows.

 

“ Sun rises from east!” the choding said confidently.

 

PLAK! A book was landed on the tallest’s head while Myungsoo sighed in disappointment..

 

“ Ya! Nam grease, what did you do?!” the boy snapped.

 

“ It’s not a moral, it’s a fact, you fool,” Woohyun said blankly.

 

“ How come you can’t even tell which one is sayings and which one is general knowledge..?” Hoya facepalmed.

 

The oldest sighed, then clasped his hands and got the guys’ attention..

 

“ We’ll study proverbs, sayings, and idioms. I’ll let some words blank and you have to guess what’s the right words to fill it,” Sunggyu explained.

 

“ Hyung, I don’t think this Hyung can even answer your first question,” Sungjong stated calmly.

 

“ Well.. I guess so, but we have to try it first..” the hamster boy tried to think possitively.

 

“ I’m not that bad, guys..” Sungyeol tried to convince his pals.

 

“ You’re not a bad boy, you’re just plain stupid..” Dongwoo said innocently.

 

“ Hyung, no matter how you put it, it hurts my innocent-not-to-mention-pure heart, you know,” the tall choding stared at the dino.

 

“ Geez, you’re not innocent nor pure at all, Lee Sungyeol!” Woohyun said only to earn a death glare from the choding.

 

“ Guys..” the oldest spoke lowly, “ Please focus with this study, ‘kay? We have a mission to change Sungyeol from a fool to genius, remember?”

 

“ Okay~”

 

“ Now, I’ll read a saying and please continue the next phrase..” Sunggyu said, Sungyeol nodded as a respond.

 

“ When your cousin buys land..” the hamster read a saying, but left the second phrase of it, looking at Sungyeol with questioning look.

 

“ Hyung, it’s very easy!!” Sungjong blurted out.

 

“ Well, we’ll see if Sungyeol can answer it..” Sunggyu said calmly.

 

The six pair of eyes was focussed on the choding who thought so hard..

 

“ When your cousin buys land..” Sungyeol paused from a second, then he smiled brightly, “ Ah!! I know it!!” he shouted in happiness.

 

“ Oh, really?” Woohyun asked curiously. Actually, he –not to mention the others, too- didn’t hope that much from the tallest.

 

“ Yep!! When your cousin buys land.. You’re happy!!!” the choding answered confidently, made the other boys facepalmed and sighed.

 

“ Eh? What’s with that face? Isn’t that okay?” Sungyeol asked with his puppy-eyes as he looked at each of his friends.

 

“ Why did you think it’s the right answer?” Myungsoo asked gently.

 

“ Well.. Let’s just imagine it.. Sungjong buys a land, uhm, since he’s my cousin, I’ll be happy if he’s happy, right?” the tallest explained.

 

“ Actually, it makes a sense.. But, we talk about sayings here, Sungyeol-ah, not your true feeling..” Sunggyu said.

 

“ Eh?” the choding had a clueless expression plastered on his face.

 

“ Okay, Jong-ah, can you give him a clue?” Sunggyu told the magnae, “ When your cousin buys land...”

 

“ It hurts somewhere,” Sungjong said, looking at the choding anxiously, hoping his Hyung could guess the answer.

 

“ Your hurts?” Sungyeol answered with questioning look.

 

“ Your hurts..” Woohyun repeated the answer while making a face.

 

“ Told you! This Hyung won’t get your first question right,” Sungjong frowned.

 

“ Eh..? It’s still wrong.. What’s the answer, then?” the said boy asked confusedly as he tilted his head.

 

“ When your cousin buys land, your stomach hurts..” Myungsoo said lowly, mentally facepalmed.

 

“Why it has to be your cousin, then?” Sungyeol asked with a puzzled look.

 

“ Well, just like this couple,” Woohyun pointed Hoya and Dongwoo who stared at him in confusion, “ They’re couple, right? But, none of us have a lover.. Sometimes we feel jealous, right?”

 

“ Aaaahh..”

 

“ So, when someone got something great, no matter how close you are with them, you’ll still envy them..”  Sunggyu added.

 

“ But, cousin is a family member..” Sungyeol mumbled.

 

“ Exactly!! Your stomach hurts especially,” Sungjong blurted.

 

The choding was quiet for a second, looked like he was thinking, then glanced at the others..

 

“ I don’t think we can apply this saying to everyone..” he said.

 

“ Yea, but this is a saying, so you have to remember it, ‘kay?” Sunggyu smiled fatherly.

 

“ Okay..” Sungyeol nodded like a kid.

 

“ Uh, I’ll just leave one word for you to answer from now on..” Sunggyu said.

 

“ Hyung! It’ll be too easy!” the magnae protested.

 

“ I know, but he will never get it right if he has to fill the next phrase. So let it be just a word..” the oldest explained.

 

“ Eer, Hyung, actually, I get a bad feeling about this..” the dino said.

 

“ Me, too. But, from now, let just shrug it off..” Sunggyu spoke.

 

“ Hyung! You have to believe me! I can get it right!!” the choding made a pout.

 

“ I believe in you,” Myungsoo said, ruffling the taller’s hair gently.

 

“ We want to, but, you know.. You’re unbeliveable,” Hoya commented.

 

“ What?!!”

 

“ Cool, Hyung.. If you want us to believe, please get it right this time, ‘kay?” Sungjong tapped his cousin’s shoulder, flashing a gentle smile.

 

“ Okay! Give me that saying or what-so-ever!”

 

“ To go off the deep..” the oldest read out the idiom lowly to be greeted by the choding’s puzzled look.

 

“ Eh?”

 

“ I’ll give you a clue.. It means to become very upset all of sudden..” the hamster went easy this time, he even gave out the meaning of the idiom.

 

“ To go off the deep-blue-sea?” the choding grinned as he scratched his nape gently.

 

The six boys sighed in unison and mumbled lowly..

 

“ Oh my God.. It’ll be a VERY LONG way to go..”

 

The right answer is "to go off the deep end"...

 

***

 

It was the day right before the exam and Sungyeol’s gotten better at all of the subjects –he’s gotten better in Korean language as well, but only a-very-mini-tiny-bit–, except math. Up until now, he could only memorize the multiplication table and solve some simple equation problem. That day, he was trapped with tons of math problems for him to solve and also with Myungsoo, yes, the one and only Kim Myungsoo, who sat in front of him, in the boy’s room. It’s not like the other boys left them to have a date, oh, it was their intention, too, to make them even closer, but the main point is, they’re giving up on teaching the choding math. Since Myungsoo’s the smartest among them, they left the choding in the boy’s care..

 

“ This is ..” the taller muttered, put his pencil down in despair.

 

“ Don’t give up.. I know you can solve all of it, you just need to push yourself to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter