Day 08

Baekhyun's Mine

 

Hotel Suite
Monday, 8:15 AM

 

It was fifteen minutes past eight o’clock when Chanyeol finally woke up from his unconsciousness. He tried to open his eyes and lift his head at the same time, big mistake, since all he could feel was a giant purple bruise on his nose that he doesn’t remember how he got nor who gave it to him… unless he ran into a door or something.

He looked around before he realized that he was sleeping in the suite’s guest bedroom, meaning he was still in the hotel, meaning... . Chanyeol has no idea what comes after that.

He slowly turned around and felt a pang in his heart when he saw the right side of the bed completely empty. No tiny lithe body that resembled a puppy sleeping beside him, no light snores, no one kicking him out of the bed, no one that it was painstakingly obvious that Baekhyun hadn’t slept beside him yesterday night.

“Baek?” Chanyeol tried calling out, his voice a bit hoarse and sore as he felt totally weak from yesterday’s events.

Speaking of yesterday’s events… he doesn’t remember a thing.

“What the hell happened?” He mumbled to himself.

“Baek? … Baek? ….” He kept repeating, his voice getting a bit louder each time he called out for the elder. He stood up as he made his way out of the room and to the bar where he poured himself a glass of wine, don’t judge him, he feels pissed and a little bit of alcohol helps a hangover.

“Channie?” Baekhyun called from the door of the master bedroom as the younger’s ears perked up in alertness. Chanyeol turned around before he ran to the shorter boy and enveloped him in a hug.

“Oh my god… Baekhyun don’t ever scare me like that again.” Chanyeol said, almost in tears as he pressed kisses all over the younger’s face.

Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he gently pushed the other boy who was beginning to cut off his circulation.

“Channie… are… you okay?” Baekhyun asked in concern.

Chanyeol shook his head “No, as a matter of fact I’m not. I don’t remember a single thing from yesterday night and I woke up this morning with a big bruise on my face and you weren’t sleeping beside me in the bed and I went outside and I was calling out your name and you weren’t answering me so I thought you l-left me and I-I… I-I… I…” Chanyeol in the brink of tears before Baekhyun began to reassure the younger that everything was fine.

“Sshhh, its okay yeollie, don’t cry. Everything is fine; I just slept in the other room because I had to write an important letter to my parents and I didn’t want to wake you up.” He explained whilst Chanyeol nodded like a lost child who lost his mommy.

“Why don’t you sit down on the couch and I’ll make us some breakfast?” Baekhyun suggested as he gestured the younger to make himself comfortable in the living room.

Chanyeol nodded “Okay… just hurry.” He said before they parted; Baekhyun making bacon and waffles while Chanyeol plopped on the couch as he watched re-runs of his favorite cartoon, Tom and Jerry.

 

Fifteen Minutes later…

 

“Yeollie, Breakfast is ready.” Baekhyun said as brought a tray of two giant plates of Bacon, eggs, and waffles and two glasses of orange juice.

Chanyeol smiled as the elder handed him a plate and a glass.

“So… about yesterday night…” Baekhyun started as Chanyeol looked at the elder with interested eyes. He was dying to know something, the big bruise on his nose, the fact that he has an enormouse hangover and why he couldn’t remember a thing other than the fact that he was supposed to propose to the love of his life which didn’t happen because… because… see, he doesn’t remember.

“Go on” Chanyeol pressed as he bit off a chunk of his bacon and almost swallowed it whole.

Baekhyun nodded “Okay… what had happened was…”

 

---

The Night Before

 

“You slept with Kris?” Baekhyun said in shock as he stared wide eyed as the one person in the world he trusted the most.

“B-Baek… I… No! I mean, it’s not what you think.” Chanyeol’s tongue tied as he watched Baekhyun and his brother glare at him with different emotions. Baekhyun looked hurt while Joonmyun looked like he wanted to ring the younger’s neck until it crushed his windpipe.

“Then tell me the truth Chanyeol, I’m ing sick and tired of all your games and lies. I feel like your hiding things from me.” Baekhyun replied as a tear escaped, making Joonmyun’s blood boil with anger.

PANG!

“AGH!” Chanyeol yelled when Joonmyun punched his clenched fist at the younger directly in the face.

“WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!” Chanyeol growled as he prayed to god that his nose wasn’t broken.

“YOU MADE BAEKHYUN CRY!” Joonmyun yelled as he began to roll up his sleeves.

Baekhyun watched the other two men bicker. He would have intervened but he just didn’t feel like it. If anything, Joonmyun should have punched the taller harder in the shortest of the three’s opinion.

“I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU HAD THE BALLS TO SLEEP WITH BAEKHYUN EX-BOYFRIEND!” Joonmyun yelled as he aimed his fist once more at the younger’s face, Chanyeol dodging this time as Joonmyun yelped in pain when he accidentally slammed his fist against the cement wall.

“Ow-ow-ow-ow-ow-ow! I think it’s broken!” Joonmyun yelped in pain.

 “THAT’S ENOUGH! Park Chanyeol, did you or did you not have with Kris?!” Baekhyun growled.

“He didn’t.” A voice came from out of nowhere as everyone turned around and…

…no one was there?

“Who said that?” Joonmyun demanded as they scanned the entire perimeter and not a single soul was found.

“God? Is that you?” Chanyeol asked as he looked at the roof.

“Holy crap!” Joonmyun yelled as he looked up.

“Don’t use my name in vain you peasant!” The voice said whilst Joonmyun began to pray for mercy.

“Wait a minute…” Baekhyun said as he followed the sound of the voice (like an intelligent person would) and found that the laptop had been open the whole time and that Kris Wu’s face was shown on the laptop’s screen, the blonde man smiling as he waved at the three of them. The pillow had been thrown to the floor earlier and must’ve pressed the answer button by accident.

“Hi guys!” Kris gleamed.

“Krease!” Chanyeol yelled as he brushed Joonmyun aside before picking up the laptop from the ground.

“Did we have ?” Chanyeol straight to the point, his eyes full of hope as he could see his entire future with Baekhyun get pulled out from under him if Kris’ answer spoke the truth.

Kris shook his head. “As fun as that sounds, no, we didn’t have . We talked a bit and you asked me if I could drive you home since you could barely walk a straight line without toppling over.” He explained; Chanyeol immediately clapping his hands in relief as he turned around to face his boyfriend who still looked unconvinced.

“Chanyeol-shi? Would it be alright if I spoke to Baekhyun for a moment?” Kris asked before Chanyeol blinked a couple of times before he got the gist of what the blonde meant.

“O-Okay…” Chanyeol replied before he handed the laptop to Baekhyun.

“Hey Baek, long time no see.” Kris chuckled.

“Kris, it’s been a long day. Now is not the time to be joking.” Baekhyun replied as Kris put his hands in the air, telling him that he was only here to be a mediator.

“Chanyeol was really drunk that night when we met. All we did was talk, your boyfriend was as drunk as a gay sailor and he probably doesn’t even remember what the bar looked like. I promise, we never slept together.”

Baekhyun let the infortmation sink in before his lips began to twitch upwards. "Really?"

Kris nodded "Really, the giant would never hurt a fly, let alone you."

Joonmyun scoffed “ up…”

Baekhyun mouthed at his brother to ‘shut up’ before turning back his attention to Chanyeol as he gave the taller a peck on the cheek. “I’m sorry yeollie.”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened as he began to blush. “W-Why are you sorry?”

Baekhyun smiled “I should have never doubted you. I should’ve known you would never cheat on me. I’m sorry for not trusting you.” He said before kissing the taller once more, though this time in the lips and with more admiration for the younger.

“My work here is done.” Kris smirked before he disconnected the video call.

“So that’s it?” Joonmyun asked, slightly annoyed since he practically broke his hand for nothing.

Baekhyun nodded “Sorry bro, that’s it.”

The elder rolled his eyes. “I need a drink… Chanyeol you’re paying.” He said as he called the downstairs lobby and ordered a couple bottles of ‘everything’.

“Yeah, three bottles of vodka and a . Thanks!” Joonmyun hung up before he marched his way to the living room.

“I’ll go see if he needs any help” Chanyeol said before he put down the laptop on the bed and followed Baekhyun’s older brother to the living room.

Baekhyun sighed before the laptop slid of the bed and would have almost fallen on the floor but thankfully he caught it at the nick of time. “Phew, that was too close.” He muttered under his breath ‘til something on the right side of the bedroom, tucked away near the bedside table, caught his eye.  

“Huh… what’s that?”

 

---

Present Day

 

“So… that’s everything?” Chanyeol asked hopefully.

Baekhyun nodded with a wide grin before he fed the younger pieces of Bacon. “Yup, we’re perfect; you’re perfect, everything is perfect.”

Chanyeol blushed “o-okay, if you say so but I need to go to the bathroom.” He announced before standing up and running to the toilet, slamming the door shut so he could do his business.

Baekhyun exhaled before he reached inside his pocket and found the thing he was looking for. He peeked inside the box and felt the sparks he’s been feeling for the past 12 hours ignite inside him once again as he admired the beautiful ring.

“I do Park Chanyeol.”

 

 


[a/n] Hi everyone! I'm back with a longer chap since this explained a lot. Anyway, Baekhyun found the ring Chanyeol was going to propose him with but Chanyeol doesn't know that Baekhyun knows about the proposal. XD Confusing? Don't worry, the rest will develop through the next chaps. :)

In other news, I SAW EXO-K AND SHINEE! X3 I cried so hard and the fanboy feels were coming out! I YELLED when Chanyeol got down on one knee and sang to Baekkie! I was like "GET YOUR MAN CHANYEOL!" XD

And they're coming to Manila again next year, this time all 12 for a solo concert and I think I'm gonna piss my pants when I see Tao. I'm so happy! Thanks for reading and please subscribe, up vote and comment! :) Thank you<3