Day 11

Baekhyun's Mine

 

Baekyeol’s Apartment
Thursday, 12:00 AM

 

Chanyeol imagined many times how he would propose to Baekhyun during these past two weeks.

 He pictured himself going down on one knee as he professed his love for the elder. He imagined towering above him with a big grin on his face if the elder said yes before squeezing the living daylights out of him.

What he didn’t imagine though was what was waiting for him inside the apartment.

Chanyeol felt the air in his lungs escape him when he swung the door open, the scent of his favorite cologne hitting him directly in the face before anything else as he saw the entire room was filled with lit candles.

There were candles ranging from the floor to the counter tops, on top of the tables and every spot possible where a candle could be placed.

He felt his eyes become watery when he saw who was waiting for him in the middle of the living room; standing proud and tall, holding a bouquet of red roses and baby’s breath, his favorites.

“B-Baek?” Chanyeol choked back a sob as he felt his lips tremble at the sight of the shorter boy.

“Hey Yeollie” Baekhyun replied with a glint of adoration in his eyes. He was dressed in a form-fitting tuxedo matched with silver cufflinks and leather shoes.

“I know you wanted this to be a surprise.” Baekhyun said as the younger inched closer to the shorter boy. Almost having a mini heart attack when he realized he wasn’t dreaming and this was reality.

He tried to steady himself as he rubbed the back of his palm over the elder’s cheek.

“Oh my god…” Chanyeol sniffled as the elder cupped the younger’s cheek before lightly pecking him on the lips.

Chanyeol was feeling a lot of things, but the feeling of relief outweighed everything else since he was just happy to see his pup standing in front of him again.

But that didn’t prepare him for what came next.

Baekhyun slowly removed Chanyeol’s palm from his face before slowly getting down on one knee.

“Oh my god…”

“Chanyeol…” Baekhyun started as the younger’s eyes mimicked the size of boulders. “…I have never in my life thought I’d meet someone in the world like you. You’re the kindest, sweetest, most loving, gentlest giant I have ever met and I feel lucky to have met you at a time in my life where I thought I’d never be so lucky to find a person as amazing as you…” Baekhyun said as he felt his own eyes b with tears.

“Baekkie…” Chanyeol murmured when he watched one of the elder’s tears fall to the ground.

“I-I can’t do this…” Baekhyun breathed out; Chanyeol about to steer a complete u-turn when he momentarily thought the elder was taking back his words.

“W-What...” Chanyeol panicked before the elder rolled his eyes.

“I mean I can’t do this because I’m talking to you crotch.” He explained before the younger immediately got the hint and kneeled down in front of him, both of them face to face with one another as they entangled their hands together.

“Baekkie, I know I’ve been kind of acting like an lately…

“…kind of?” Baekhyun interrupted before they both chuckled.

“Okay, more like a complete . I was acting like a horrible boyfriend these past couple of days and I couldn’t feel sorrier for hurting you. Baek, I love you.” Chanyeol said as he rubbed his thumbs against the back of the elder’s hands.

“I love you too Yeol.”

“Propose already you idiot!” A voice yelled out of nowhere, Baekhyun rolling his eyes as he chose to ignore though Chanyeol, being the skeptic he was, might’ve believed for a sec it was a ghost.

“Channie~ you can start now.” Baekhyun said as the younger nodded.

“Byun Baekhyun… I have never, in my whole life, came close to loving anyone more than I do you. I fell in love with my best friend, the only person in the entire world who thinks my jokes are funny, or how you never ever get mad when I pull a prank on you or when I accidentally broke your iPod—”

“…broke my what?”

“—that being said, I love you Baek, more than anything” He said before reaching inside his pockets and feeling his throat clam up when he realized, he didn’t have the ring.

“Ugh…” Chanyeol mumbled before trying to come up with the best excuse as to why he didn’t have the elder’s diamonds.

“Looking for these” Baekhyun smirked before reaching inside his own pockets as he withdrew a red velvet box with gold lining along the rim.

“H-How did you?”

“I found the ring back in the hotel.” Baekhyun admitted before Chanyeol smacked himself across the face. He should’ve known the elder had found it, why else would he be asking him all those questions.

“Are you mad?” Baekhyun asked before handing the younger the box. Chanyeol answering the question by planting a chaste kiss on the elder’s forehead before opening the box to reveal two diamond studded rings.

“Never” He replied before getting the smaller ring and holding it beside the elder’s ring finger.

“Byun Baekhyun, being with you m-makes me the happiest person in the world...” Chanyeol stuttering as he felt a familiar wetness in his eyes.

“And I promise that… if you’ll l-let me… I will spend the rest of my life to make sure you feel the same way, not as your friend, not as your boyfriend, not as your lover, but as your husband.” Chanyeol said, crying as he poured out his feelings.  

“Ch-Channie~” Baekhyun sniffling before he was asked the inevitable question.

“Byun Baekhyun, will you marry me?”

“Say Yes!”

“Luhan, shut up!”

“Y-Yes” Baekhyun finally said as he smiled a mouth full of teeth. The ring encircling his finger before he pushed Chanyeol to the ground and started attacking the younger’s lips.

“I’ll take that as an ‘I do’ then.” Chanyeol chuckled before being silenced once more by his fiancé’s lips.

“Shut up and kiss me you stupid giant.”

“I love you too Baek.”

 

 

 


[a/n] Boom! It's done! Ta-dah! Did you like the ending? Now for a game, I was inspired to write the ending this way from a show, I'll give a billion internet hugs to the person who can guess conrrectly which show. Oh and did you notice the Baby's Breath reference? :P lol... anyway, Thank you so much for all you're support and I hope you enjoyed the fic! ^^ If you were hoping for , sorry to dissapoint but I scratched that idea due to wanting to end it on a fluffy note. :3 and I might write a sequel in the future of their Wedding Day, just not now cause I have a lot more commitments. :)

Thank you so much and please press the up vote arrow! :3