A Leap Of Faith

A Leap Of Faith

Telling Tae Woong went much better than I had expected. I told him Joon Hee and I didn't really want anyone else to know we were a couple now. He didn't really need to be told that, did he? I wasn't taking any chances. I wasn't ashamed of being with Joon Hee...not really. But people and it wouldn't take long for someone to attack my masculinity once they find out I have with a guy. I know when I find out someone is gay, I wonder which one of them takes it--well, you know what I mean. I don't want people wondering that about me. Not really anyone's business anyway. I just want to spend the rest of my life with my best friend.

I'd really like Joon Hee to move back in. I wasn't going to get the chance to see him until sometime this afternoon. I didn't know anything about his roommate. It's not like we could hang out there with the other guy around. We'd have to pretend we were just friends. Which, we are, but after trying out the intimacy, I wanted more. 

Work went okay. Joon Hee and I traded some texts trying to get our plans together for later in the day.

I didn't get to see him until five o'clock. We went out to eat first. Then, we ended up at my place. 

"So, I told Tae Woong." I said as I handed my boyfriend a beer. Yeah, boyfriend. Eep.

"What?" Joon Hee looked startled. "About us?"

"Yeah."

"I thought we were going to tell him together." He looked a bit hurt.

"I was trying to be nice to you." I defended myself. Was he always so easily hurt? "If he was going to be upset, I'd rather he take it out on me. He's my brother, after all."

"I should have been there." 

Was he pouting? Adorable. I couldn't help myself. I kissed him. He flashed a small smile, despite his best effort, and looked away.

"So come with me when I tell Shi Won's parents." I offered.

"We don't have to tell anyone. We aren't obligated."

"But other than my brother, they are my family. I want them to know how happy I am. You know they love you already."

Joon Hee didn't looked convinced. It was time to take out the big guns. I set my beer down and took his hands in mine, rubbing my thumbs over his knuckles.

"I don't care who knows. I love you. All those wasted years we could have been together--I mean, we were together, but not--" Nothing like tripping over my tongue to convince someone to do what I want.

"I know what you mean." Joon Hee saved me from my rambling. "But you're a judge, Yoon Jae. You might lose your job if anyone at work finds out about us."

"Fine. We'll keep things a secret--but not from my family. Please?"

"Okay." He sighed. "But this is it. Nobody else."

"Okay. Okay." I couldn't help the big goofy smile on my face. I was so in love with this guy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here we were at Shi Won's parents' house. It was a nice reunion--Dong Il, Il Hwa, Shi Won, Joon Hee, and I. They asked about my brother and how work was going for each of us. It had been a while since they'd seen me, as I'd been avoiding Shi Won.

Il Hwa, of course, made too much food for the meal and packed up some left overs for each of us to take home.

"So what is this news you wanted to tell us?" Dong Il asked.

I was suddenly a little nervous. Joon Hee wouldn't even look at me.

"Uh...I wanted to tell you about the person I'm dating." I said bravely. Okay, I didn't say it very bravely, but it took a lot of courage to say.

"Oh?" Il Hwa looked interested immediately. "You should have brought her!"

This had been so much smoother in my head.

"Yes, absolutely!" Dong Il chimed in. "We want to meet her."

Shi Won was very amused. Joon Hee shot her an unhappy look. She just grinned at him.

"I'm dating Joon Hee." I said, throat dry.

There was silence for a moment, followed by laughter.

"You had us going!" Dong Il laughed. "We really thought you were dating someone! Can't your brother set you up with anyone?"

"He's being serious, Dad." Shi Won spoke up. "They're a couple."

"A couple of what?" He was clueless.

Joon Hee was giving me an I-told-you-so look.

"Since when?" Il Hwa blurted, getting to her feet. I thought she was going to hit us with something. It wouldn't be the first time.

"Uh...recently. Very recently." I stammered, eyeing her hands cautiously.

She was next to us then, throwing her arms around us in a tight hug.

"Oh you two!" She squeezed us. "You're so cute together!"

Joon Hee and I were both staring at her, open mouthed in shock. Actually, everyone was.

"Wait..." Dong Il finally got it. "Joon Hee and Yoon Jae...What are you thinking?!" And he hit me.

"Ow!" I complained. I noticed he hit me and not Joon Hee.

"Stop that!" Il Hwa scolded her husband. "They're adorable."

"Adorable?! You're the only one who is going to think that!"

"I think they're cute together, too." Shi Won added.

Her father shot her a disapproving look. 

"And what is Tae Woong going to say?" Dong Il scolded the couple.

"He supports us." 

"So we're the last ones to know?" Dong Il sounded a bit miffed at that. Why? He obviously didn't think we should love each other. 

"I get Joon Hee as a son in law, after all!" Il Hwa was hugging my adorable boyfriend again. Joon Hee looked a little uncomfortable with all the attention. Shi Won was obviously still enjoying the show.

"And your job?" Shi Won's father was still trying to convince us to come to our senses. 

"Besides you and Tae Woong, nobody else knows. It's better that way." I told him.

"So, if someone else did find out, would you chose your job over Joon Hee?"

​"No." I'd never answered a question so fast in my life. 

"I don't want a deadbeat boyfriend." Joon Hee said dryly. Oh gee, thanks.

"Did you tell your parents, yet?"

I hadn't even thought of that. Does that make me a bad son? Probably. 

"What about Joon Hee's parents?" Dong Il continued.

"Would you just stop it!" Il Hwa showed her annoyance by slapping her husband's shoulder.

"They need to think about these things!" He defended himself. "Society is not kind to homouals. They need to be sure about this!"

Oh. I thought he didn't support us. But, in typical Dong Il fashion, he cared in his own rough manner. I looped an arm around his neck.

"Aigoooo! You're so caring!"

He grumbled at me and shoved my arm away. The rest of us dissolved into laughter, relieved that we could continue to be family. Joon Hee reached over and slipped his fingers thru mine, squeezing my hand. Have I mentioned how lucky I am to be in love with my best friend?


One more chapter and we'll be done. =)

I'm sorry I made you wait so long for a new chapter. I was having trouble writing this part.