Tears

A Leap Of Faith

Some of you might have missed yesterday's update. Read "Ideas" before this chapter. :)

 


 

Everyone was shocked. I knew that without looking. Joon Hee shoved me away so hard that I stumbled and fell onto the couch. I looked up at him, not happy with his action. His eyes had that sad look again. 

"Could have just said you didn't want to go to dinner with us." Shi Won quipped. 

"Yeah, really." Tae Woong scolded. "Poor Joon Hee."

Joon Hee wouldn't look at them. He kept staring at me with those sad eyes. I knew what he was thinking and it made me mad. 

"So you got the hint. Now go." I waved my hands at them, gesturing towards the door. 

"You want to come with us, Joon Hee?" Tae Woong asked.

"No, thanks." He answered in a timid voice. "I'm really tired."

"Okay. Suit yourself." Tae Woong waved and finally all three of them were gone. 

I sighed and slumped onto the couch. Joon Hee was still just standing there. I grabbed his hand and pulled.

"Sit down." I urged.

He sat but obviously didn't want to. He was as stiff as the sock I'd accidentally dropped outside last winter. 

"Joon Hee," I started, trying to keep calm, "if you truly like me stop thinking I'd be better off without you."

"If you were with Shi Won, your brother--"

"Would you stop being such a martyr!" I gave up on calm as I glared at him. "Do you want to be with me or not?"

He looked scared, like I was forcing him to choose whether to throw a puppy or a kitten off a cliff. 

"If you hadn't found out I liked you," his voice broke as his tears started to fall, "you'd be planning your wedding with Shi Won. Her parents would be so happy, Yoon Jae. Shi Won likes you. I know she does. After I told you and you didn't believe me, I was just going to leave my feelings there. I never meant for you to find out. How on earth did you find out?!"

Ugh. Horrible. He was in so much pain and kept piling more guilt on top of it. He was going to be in pain if we were together and in pain if we weren't. 

"I don't know if would be happy." My compassion for him outweighed my anger and calm took over again. "And why aren't you allowed to be in a relationship with the one you love? You deserve that just as much as anybody else."

"Because being with me is no good for you!" He blurted.

"Isn't that my desicion?"

He stopped talking then. He was still crying, however. I reached out and pulled him close, letting him cry on my shoulder. I gave him all the time he needed. Joon Hee held on tightly. I could feel his fingers fist my shirt. I rubbed his back and kissed his cheek.

"It's your turn, Joon Hee." I told him softly, hardly believing I felt comfortable being like this with him. "It's your turn to be selfish."

 


I know this is even shorter than usual, but I actually have a reason. Not saying it's a good reason, it's just a reason. I guess that's known as an excuse, right? 

Next chapter will be . Those of you who don't like such things can skip over the next chapter without missing anything important to the story progression. Who knew I could write so much without resorting to ? lol I sure didn't! 

Thanks to MrsLeeSunHo for the inspiration about Joon Hee being a martyr. :) Thanks to her, soulgyu, and snow_white_ for the many enthusiastic comments. :)

Thanks for the upvotes. I am honored.