I'll be your shoulder

Together forever
Taehyung opened his eyes. He looked by the window and noticed that it was raining. He yawn while getting up from his bed and returned back to his work.
He walked to the big canvas next to his study desk, took a small brush in between his finger as he glanced at a photo on the canvas' stand. He had been working on this drawing for weeks, he wanted this painting to be perfect for him.
Minutes later, he was done. He studied his work and smiled which means that it was well done.
Later on, he called a butler, the only one he could trust, Lee Howon.
 
"Yes master?" Howon asked as he entered Taehyung's room.
"I'm done. You can pack it and don't forget to say that it's from an unknown giver."
"Don't worry master, I'll make oblivious that it's from you." He walked to the stand and took the canvas, "It's a beautiful painting, I'm sure he'll like it. Just like every year."
"Thank you, Howon."
Howon slightly bowed and left his master's room.
 
 
Night came quickly and his relatives gathered at the hall. Taehyung changed in his white tuxedo. Today was a special day. Family, friends and colleagues attend this party every year on their formal wear.
Taehyung checked himself in the mirror and walked downstairs to greet his family.
"Taehyung!"
Taehyung looked behind him and saw his cousin, Youngjae with Daehyun.
He smiled and bowed, "Hi."
"How are you?" Asked his cousin while smiling.
Taehyung smiled back, "I'm fine." He noticed someone behind Daehyun, "Is that.. Hoseok?"
Daehyun smiled and pushed Hoseok to Taehyung.
"Yeah, I didn't want him to stay home alone so I brought him here."
"You forced me to come here." Said Hoseok while crossing his arms.
Youngjae took Daehyun's hand, "We'll greet the others, see you later!" They walked away leaving the two behind.
 
"Why didn't you come earlier at the library?"
Hoseok rubbed the back of his neck, "I forgot to tell you that fridays after classes, I have Basket ball practice."
The younger nodded, "It's okay, I'll pass this time."
The other smiled, "Thanks. By the way, you look good in that tuxedo.."
Taehyung smiled back, "Thank you, Hoseok. You look great too."
 
Inside, Hoseok was melting at Taehyung's smile.
 
"Let's join the others." The younger turned around and walked to the party hall where everybody was.
Many tables were there and a huge one, full of presents. Taehyung could see his canvas wrapped neatly in a white paper with a red ribbon on it. His father's favorite color.
He smiled and bowed, greeting people on his way as he walked to his cousins.
Chanhee, who was talking to someone, rushed to Taehyung with a huge smile on his face.
"Taetae, oh em geeeeee, look look ! Byunghun is here! The one with pink hair, talking to Minsoo hyung!"
Taehyung looked at Byunghun, "He's fine."
"I know and guess what, we are officially a couple!" He squealed.
The younger chuckled and after that, a cough was heard behind them.
"Oh I forgot, hyung, this is-"
"Omo. You're his boyfriend?" Chanhee walked to Hoseok, put his hands on his shoulders and kissed his cheeks, "Nice to meet you!" He smiled, showing his gums.
Hoseok laughed awkwardly and looked at Taehyung.
"Hyung, he's not my boyfriend. I'm his tutor. It's Daehyun's younger brother."
Chanhee stepped back, "I'm so sorry." he bowed, "You two looked so good together that i thought.. Well, never mind!"
Chanhee walked back to Byunghun and Taehyung and Hoseok went to talk to others.
 
...
 
"You mean, your brothers are Myungsoo and Minsoo?"
"Yup."
"The famous photograph and the famous gym trainer?"
"Obviously."
"And your father, the CEO of-"
"Yes Hoseok, yes."
Hoseok has been asking Taehyung a lot of questions about his family, and honestly, he was stunned that the younger was from the richest family in Korea.
"What about your mom?"
Taehyung stiffened. He gently put his drink on the table and smiled slightly.
"She passed away.." he looked down and played with his fingers.
"Oh.. I'm.. I'm sorry for asking."
"It's okay, I got used to it."
 
Diner was over and it was time for the birthday man to cut his cake. Everyone gathered around the old man who was smiling slightly to everyone. Then, another man came beside him and grabbed a mic.
"Dude, you're turning 50. You sure became old!"
People in the room chuckled and after the speech, they sang 'Happy Birthday' while clapping their hands.
After that, Mr. Kim took the mic and asked his sons to come next to him.
"Minsoo and Myungsoo, please come to your old father!"
The two brothers walked to him, glancing at their younger brother, concerned.
Hoseok furrowed his brows. Wasn't Taehyung his son too?
He looked at the younger and noticed the pained expression he wore and decided to ask later.
"I'm glad to have you two as my sons."
Taehyung's heart sank. Like every year. He was left behind and didn't exist to his father.
 
"Let's open the presents! Howon."
Mr. Kim called and Howon came to him, with Taehyung's canvas.
His father smiled, "I wonder what it is." He said in the mic and started to rip the package.
Everyone gasped at the sight of the beautiful painting. It was a portrait of Mr. Kim with his sons; Myungsoo and Minsoo. It was so perfect that it looked like a printed image.
"Who's the giver?" He asked Howon.
"Unknown, mister."
Mr. Kim sighed, "I receive one every year and it's still unknown. I really want to meet the artist." He smiled again.
Taehyung's lips formed a smile, he was happy to see his father loving the painting. He turned around and walked away from the crowd, going outside.
Hoseok was following him, and as soon as they arrive at the backyard, he heard soft sobs.
"Taehyung.."
Taehyung jumped in surprise, wiped his tears and turned around.
"He-Hey. Why aren't you inside?"
"Were you crying?"
"No." The younger looked down to hide his watery eyes, "I needed fresh air. Go back inside."
Hoseok didn't believe a word, instead of returning, he pull Taehyung in his arms, hugging him tightly.
"You can cry, I'll be your shoulder."
After hearing that, he burst into tears and let out everything.
 
 
The next day, when Taehyung woke up, he remembered what had happened the previous night with Hoseok.
He sighed and hit his head multiple times.
"Stupid Taehyung, stupid stupid stupid!"
He glanced at the clock and widened his eyes, "I'M LATE!"
He ran out of his room and yelled, "HOWON, I'M LATE FOR SCHOO-"
"Young master, it's saturday today."
Taehyung looked at his phone and saw the date, "...Oh."
 
________________________________________
You'll understand everything in the next chapter. ^^
Thanks for subscribing and keep commenting ! :D