Happy ending?

Together forever

After the incident in the library, Sungjong decided not to bother Taehyung for the group study as Hoseok was stuck with Hyomin. Fortunately and strangely, a week before the exams, Hyomin didn't show up. It made Hoseok relieved but also worried. Knowing her too well, he knew that she was up to something but decided to concentrate more on his studies.

On Taehyung's side, he settled in Myungsoo's and Minsoo's old study room, shelves filled with all kind of books, thick and heavy. He stayed there, day and night, barely eating and studied until the start of the exams.
Sungyeol was worried as well as Daniel because the blond didn't sleep much.

"Taehyung..." Sungyeol walked in the study room with a tray of food, "You should eat." he said while putting the plate on the table, followed by a glass of water.
"Mh..." was all that the blond answered. He didn't stop writing his notes, didn't even look at his hyung.
"Young man," Sungyeol said firmly before snatching Taehyung's pen, "You must eat."
The blond looked at him, quite annoyed. He didn't like it when someone bothered him.
"Hyung, my exam is tomorrow and Iㅡ"
"No more, you stayed in this room for almost two weeks and you need to eat properly or else, you'll faint!"
Taehyung let a sigh and pushed his notebook and books aside, "Fine." he said and started to eat.
Sungyeol smiled and sat next to the blond, eyeing him.
The younger turned to him, "Are you going to watch me eating?"
The other nodded and Taehyung resumed eating as he knew that his hyung won't leave until he's done.


Hoseok opened his eyes and glanced at the clock. He let out a sigh and sat up, stretching before yawning. He got out of bed and walked to his bathroom, rewinding all his notes in his head.

"I do hope you'll do better this time." Daehyun said while putting a plate of eggs and bacon in front of his little brother.
"I'll try my best." Said Hoseok before devouring the food his sibling cooked for him.
After eating, the younger grabbed his bag, bid goodbye to his hyung and went to school by foot.

 

The exams started as soon as the clock arrows strike 9 am.
Taehyung successfully finished his papers, filling every blank spaces.
Hoseok did his best and he managed to put the correct answers, as well as Jin, Jungkook and Namjoon.

The exams ended 4 weeks later, and during that, Taehyung did everything to avoid Hoseok. Whenever he would see the older, he would quickly hid in the library or in the toilets. He did saw Hyomin, but she wouldn't cling on Hoseok like she did before, which he found strange. Instead of thinking about them, he decided to stay at home, trying some new style of paintings and reading books that he bought at the bookstore after his exams.
But one day, early in the morning, Sungyeol came to wake Taehyung.
"Honey." He shook the younger awake, "There's someone for you downstairs." he whispered.
Taehyung opened his eyes, confusion on his face.
"What?" He asked, rubbing his eye while getting into a sitting position.
"Somebody is waiting for you in the living room." The elder said before going out of the room.

Taehyung had a blank expression on his face. Who will come to his house to see him? Maybe Sungjong, he thought.
He rushed to his bathroom, brushed his teeth and rinsed his face before dressing into his casual clothes. He walked out of his room and went downstairs, curious to see the person that was waiting for him.
"Good morning young master." Hoya greeted him at the end of the stairs, "Someone is waiting for you in the living room, ohㅡ and breakfast is ready." He said before going back to his duties.
Taehyung just nodded and walked to the living room, to see the person he was avoiding the past few weeks.

"Taehyung..."
"What are you doing here? And how did you find my address?"
Hoseok sighed, "Sungjong..."
The blond mentally slapped his friend for giving Hoseok his address.
"Taehyung, we need to talk." He sounded desperate.
"Talk about what?"
"Us."
"There's nothing between us, and as far as I know you have Hyomin." Taehyung said and bit his lip after.
"Please! Listen to me, just once..."
After hearing his pleading voice, Taehyung let out a sigh and gestured Hoseok to follow him.
"Come." He said and turned around to go to the library as he knew that nobody would disturb them.

Once they stepped into the library, Taehyung closed the door behind and he and Hoseok sat on the couch. The blond made sure that there was a space between them.
"Talk." the younger broke the silent between them.
Hoseok took a deep breath, "Listen, Hyomin and I is over. We used to date two years ago, but she cheated on me. Since that day, she moved with her new boyfriend in a new town. She came back months later, claiming herself as my girlfriend, making my life a hell. I rejected her several times, but she didn't stop. She quit school for an unknown reason, and everything was fine. But then, she came back again and it went like that until now..." Hoseok looked at Taehyung, "I have feelings for you Taehyung."
The blond didn't utter a word, he looked back at Hoseok who was coming closer to him.
"If you want me to stop, tell me." He whispered, getting closer and closer, putting his hand on the other's cheek. Their nose touched and their lips were inches apart. Taehyung closed his eyes. By seeing this, Hoseok smiled and put his lips on the younger's.


They had been acting all lovey dovey since the kiss. Hoseok would back hug Taehyung and would kiss his cheeks and neck. They were glued to each other and it was impossible to separate them. Whenever Namjoon needed Hoseok, Taehyung would follow and vice versa. The blond would also attend his boyfriend's basket ball practice and match. Hoseok swore, Taehyung was the cutest and best boyfriend in the world, and always reminded the younger how lucky he was.

Before their graduation, the principal called both Taehyung and Hoseok, and other students in his office. He announced happily that they got a scholarship at Medical and Engineering Science University in New York and the couple jumped in joy, happy that they'll still be together till university.
After the graduation, Hoseok took the opportunity to introduce Taehyung to his parents, who immediately considered him as a part of their family. They would call him, Jung Taehyung, and this made the blond all flustered.

On Taehyung's side, his brothers and brothers-in-law came to the graduation. He was a bit disappointed as he expected his father to be here as Myungsoo promised to convince him to come.

When they left the school, Hoseok's parents and Taehyung's brothers proposed to celebrate their graduation. Sungyeol and Daniel decided that the event would be at the Kim's house (Taehyung's house) and Hoseok's relatives were invited too.

It was only a simple diner. Sungyeol made sure that the best restaurant in Seoul cater this event, and the food was absolutely delicious. Hoseok and Taehyung invited their friends, and to their surprise, Jin and Jungkook told them that they got together. Sungjong on the other hand, confessed that he had a tiny crush on Namjoon, which didn't shocked the couple as they noticed that Sungjong kept throwing glances at the other.

Taehyung was so excited to introduce Hoseok to Chanhee. But when he told his cousin that he and Hoseok were now a couple, the other looked quite sad which intrigued the blond.
"Hyung, are you ok?" Taehyung asked, concerned.
After seeing the look on Chanhee's face, Hoseok decided to leave these two alone. He excused himself and went to greet his relatives.
When he left, Chanhee looked at his cousin and started to sob.
"He left me..." He whispered loud enough for Taehyung to hear.
"Why?!" The blond exclaimed, taking his crying cousin into his arms.
"We went to a party, he kissed a girl and told me that he wasn't gay... That he didn't love me..." His sobs got louder and Taehyung's right shoulder was now wet with his tears.


"Father, you should congratulate Taehyung! He got a scholarship to the best university of medicine in America!" Daniel tried hard to take Taehyung's father out of his office for diner.
"Medicine? He wants to be a doctor? He will kill people, just as he killed his mother." He scoffed, without looking at Daniel.
"Father, pleas—"
"Daniel, shut up." He looked at the male in front of him, "It was hard for me to accept you in this family, do you want me to cancel your engagement with Minsoo?" He asked, quite angry.
Daniel gulped and shook his head, "Sorry for interrupting your work, father." He said and got out of his father-in-law's office.
Sungyeol, who was eavesdropping, had the same expression as Daniel's; disappointed.

Once Chanhee stopped crying, Namjoon came to them and tried to make him laugh with his silly jokes. It worked and minutes later, Taehyung's cousin became all smiley again. They continued to talk until the end of the diner, and became friends too.
Taehyung went back to Hoseok and his family, chatting. Jin and Jungkook were somewhere in the garden, making out or something, and Sungjong got the opportunity to talk to Myungsoo, one of his favorite photographer, and Sungyeol too.


It was getting late and many of Taehyung and Hoseok's relatives left. Jin, Jungkook, Namjoon, Sungjong, Hoseok and Taehyung were on the couch in the living room. They were talking about the blond's upcoming birthday.
"I know what we can do!" Jin exclaimed, "My uncle owns a lake house. We can spend 3 nights there and celebrate ! There's 3 rooms and two bathrooms."
"Yeah! We'll have a party between us. That's perfect!" Jungkook said after.
Taehyung smiled and nodded, as well as Hoseok.

Sungyeol was standing near the living room door, listening to their conversation. He smiled. He was happy that Taehyung finally found friends and also a boyfriend.