Chapter 8

Please leave me for good

Ryeowook’s POV

I was awoken by the alarm clock beside me. It’s weird that I’m waking up at such ‘late’ hour since I tend to leave for the sea much earlier in the wee hours.

I looked at the set of suit Baekhyun’s omma ironed for me as a token of appreciation for helping to retain the village. Everyone was thankful to me and thought that I managed to convince the ‘kind hearted’ CEO.

They even thought that the CEO offered me a job because he was impressed by my persuasion skills but little did they know that my feud with the CEO was what that gave me a job.

On the train to Cho enterprise, my heart start to pump fast. I have no idea what to expect.

 

“I am Kim Ryeowook. I am here to report to work.” I spoke to Kyu’s secretary who stared at me fiercely. I tried to maintain my smile.

“Can’t you see I’m busy? Anyway, he isn’t here yet. Sit at the desk there.” She pointed at the desk opposite her. Hesitantly, I walked there and was about to sit when the office door swang open and I jumped on my feet.

“Taehyun ah, espresso.” Kyu entered the room fast paced and straight into his room. He did not see me, did he?

I pouted and sat back on my chair as I watch his secretary who I now know is called Taehyun, bring a cup of espresso into his room and came out closing the door behind her.

“um…” I wanted to speak to her.

“Mr Cho is having a video conference with a very important client. Just sit there and wait.”

I nodded obediently.

1 hour…

3 hours….

6 hours….

6 pm!! Taehyun started to pack her bag and stood up from her seat. I looked at her wide eyes.

“It’s 6pm, you may leave.”

“What? I… haven’t met him and…”

“Then continue waiting if you want.” She said coldly and left the office.

Kyu hasn’t eaten right? From the moment he stepped into his room, he never left. I looked at the clock once more and quickly ran out of the office.

Kyuhyun’s POV

“Then that’s deal. Thank you for your time today.” I switched off my computer and finally said goodbye to my client.

*Grr…* My stomach growled. It’s 6.18pm! No wonder I’m hungry.

I stepped out of my room to see that it’s empty. Taehyun’s left. I closed my room’s door and was about to leave my office when someone came running in and bumped into me.

“Aish…” I grumbled.

“Sorry!”

The beautiful voice made my heart skip a beat. It’ RYEOWOOK!

I was so anxious about him coming today but the urgent meeting made me forget about it!

“Kim Ryeowook!” I called him.

“Um… Hi.” He gave me an awkward bow.

“Here.” He handed me a bag with a wide smile. I received it and peeked into it. It is sandwiches and a cup of orange juice.

“You must be hungry. I’m reporting work for the day. I’m going home now.” He bowed once more and left me alone.

With my heart beating so quickly, I took the sandwich from the bag and took a bite. My favorite filling, tuna with olives.

I smiled and all the fatigue accumulated today, forgotten.


 

 

Next morning

“Mr Cho.” My employees bowed to me at the lift lobby as I’m waiting for the lift.

*Ding* No one dares to share the lift with me except Eunji. So I entered the lift without hesitation and pressed the close button.

“Wait!!” A hand stretched into the lift before the door closed. The door opened automatically.

It’s Kim Ryeowook.

He was shocked to see me in the lift. “No wonder no one wants to enter.” I heard him say softly to himself.

“Then why did you enter?” I asked.

“You heard me? Um… Because I will be late.”

There was then an awkward silence in the lift to the 48th storey where my office is situated.

“Does your hand hurt?” I asked, referring to when he stopped the lift door with his hands.

He took a look at his hand and shook his head. “No.” He answered.

 We walked into the office together and his secretary is already there. She stood up angrily  when she saw me “KIM RYEOWOOK! How can you be later than me? Mr Cho hates people who are late.” She shouted.

I bowed deeply and said “Sorry! I won’t do it again.”

But Kyu walked in behind me and said “Sometimes you are later than me too. Anyway, he isn’t late.”

“Mwo?” Taehyun couldn’t believe than believe that Kyu spoke up for me. Neither could I believe too.

Kyu grabbed my hand firmly and pulled me into his room. I held his hand back uncontrollably as he dragged me along. He looked into my eyes when we were in the room.

Suddenly, I woke up and pulled my hand away from him which he quickly released too.

He coughed and cleared his throat.

“You are my personal assistant from today onwards.”

“From yesterday onwards.” I corrected him.

“It doesn’t count since I didn’t give you work yesterday. So you are only paid from today.”

“Cheapskate.” I whispered in my breath.

“I can hear you.” He said sarcastically.

“You have very good hearing.”

Kyuhyun’s POV

“I want a cup of espresso, a set of kimbap from the stall at myeongdong, a set of teokpokki from the stall 2 streets across.”

“What?”

“I hate to repeat myself.”

“Yes, Mr Cho. I’ll get it done.” He quickly rushed out of the office. I laughed at his cuteness as he left my room. Today is only the first day of torture. I wonder how long he can endure.

*2 hours later*

“Mr Cho… your…food.” Ryeowook spoke while panting.

“I’m not hungry now, put it aside.”

He sighed and followed my instructions. He stood beside me and waiting while I carry on being busy with my work.

I continued with my work without realizing the time until…

*Growl…*

“What’s that sound?” I asked.

Ryeowook covered his stomach shyly and said “It’s my stomach.”

“You haven’t had lunch?”

He shook his head.

For that instant, nothing else seem to be more important than feeding Ryeowook to me. I put my files aside and pointed to the food he brought back. Immediately, he rushed to get the food in front of me.

“Sit.” I ordered him. He sat in front of me obediently.

I opened the food covers and pushed the food in front of him. “Eat.” I said to him but he shook his head.

“It’s yours.” He said.

“I said EAT!” I demanded and just took one piece of teokpokki and shoved it into his mouth. He was shocked by my action but I pretended noticing none of it and continued eating my food.

I would put pieces of kimbap in front of Ryeowook and he would eat them obediently. My heart is beating fast each time he smiles at the taste of the food.

“Kyuhyun ah” Someone barged into my office and it’s always her, Eunji.

“What?” I asked her impatiently. She stared at Ryeowook fiercely and instantly, my ex lover stood up and left the room quietly. “Bring the food out to eat.” I said to him. He shook his head and left with his head down.

He would be hungry. I thought to myself.

Suddenly, Eunji grabbed my face and forced her lips to mine as I was watching Ryeowook close the door. I saw his eyes open wide upon seeing us kiss through the creek of the door.

I pushed Eunji away. “What are you doing?”

“I’m kissing my fiancé, what’s wrong with that? Because your ex-fiance is here?”

“If you are here to remind me, save it. You have no idea how much I want to forget that you are my fiancée. That wouldn’t change.” 

Upon hearing that, she smiled and hugged me tightly. She seem to not catch my hidden meaning in my words. “Thank you for acknowledging me. I’m here to tell you that we will be having dinner with your mother tonight. Remember to be there.”

“You can get out now.” I pointed at the exit. She scoffed but still left the office after giving me a kiss on the lips.

Ryeowook’s POV

“Kim Ryeowook. Don’t you dare think otherwise about Kyuhyun, you are just a slave.” Eunji came to me saying.

“I have no other thoughts on him. I’m just here so that the village wouldn’t be taken away.” I explained.

“You better mean what you say.” She bumped into my shoulder as she left the room.

I turned to look at the closed door of Kyu's room. The obstacle between us is not just a simple door. It's a mountain we can never overcome.


Hope you enjoyed reading! Please support my newest Kyuwook Fic! "My Father's Lover" I'm having so much writing that now.

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/525309/my-father-s-lover-angst-fluff-kyuhyun-kyuwook-ryeowook

Comments please! I may update again!