Chapter 16

Please leave me for good

 

Ryeowook’s POV

Flashback

“Wookie ah, let’s meet at the marriage registration centre at 1pm later. I have something to settle before that.” Kyuhyun said to me.

I looked at him suspiciously. “What is it that you have to settle?” I asked.

“Erm… it’s nothing. I won’t be late.” Kyu kissed me on the forehead before leaving the house. He smiled at me assuring before closing the doors.

End of flashback

It’s already 12:45pm but Kyuhyun is still nowhere to be seen. I’m sitting at the waiting area of the registration centre, along with many other couples waiting for their turn to sign on the papers that would bring them to the next phase of their lives.

Worried, I called Kyu on his cell but no one answered.

What could have happened? He wouldn’t dare be late on such an important day. I rushed out of the centre to wait for him at the entrance.

Kyu ah, where are you? Please tell me that you are fine.

I sat on the stairs while staring at the door. It’s already 2 pm and there was still no sight of him.

Something must have happened to him! I jumped up on my feet and decided to find him elsewhere. However, as I was leaving, I saw a familiar boy running like a mad man towards me.

It’s Kyuhyun.

“I’m sorry, Ryeowook ah!” He shouted apologetically as he ran towards me.

I hugged him as soon as we reached each other.

“Where did you go? I thought something happened to you. I was worried sick!”

Kyuhyun hugged me tight and said “I’m sorry. I went to office to tender my resignation.”

“Mwo?”

“I thought since Omma and the other stake holders didn’t want me to continue working, I should leave. Moreover, I want you and our baby to live proudly. You are my family now, I don’t want to be hiding like that anymore.”

“Kyuhyun ah…” I was worried and touched at the same time.

“You are the most important to me now.” He said to me and kissed me on the cheek. Kyuhyun held my hands and pulled me back into the registration centre.

“We are late but we are still here.” He said to me, referring to our love.

Yes, it took us so many years of hate to get back to where we were in the beginning, love.


We smiled at each other as soon as the marriage form was presented to us. Without hesitation, we signed on it and returned to the staff.

“From today onwards, Mr Cho Kyuhyun and Mr Kim Ryeowook, both of you are legally married.”

Kyuhyun pulled me at the waist to plant a deep kiss on my lips.  


 

“Cho Kyuhyun! Get that table cloth for me.”

“Ai Ai Captain!” Kyuhyun replied.

It’s been 7 months since kyuhyun and I conducted our simple yet loving engagement ceremony. Even without any guests, that day, was the happiest day of my life.

Now that the bulge at my tummy is getting so big, Kyuhyun is literally willing to be my servant. He would obey whatever I say and shower me with lots of love.

Kyuhyun started his own software company at home which is making good business now because of his wide network. I heard that Cho enterprise isn’t doing well in the market but Kyuhyun would never tell me anything about it. Or at least, he is pretending not to care about it.

This morning, Kyuhyun kissed me goodbye before leaving the house to meet a client. I rubbed my tummy proud and said to our baby, “Woori baby Bear, say goodbye to appa.” We gave our child a nickname, baby bear to suit the 3 bears nursery rhyme.

Kyuhyun laughed and waved to my tummy and said “Goodbye, woori baby bear!”

I watched my lover leave for his car and drove off. Just then, I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I clenched my fist to deal with the pain.

“Baby bear, you are naughty today. Why are you kicking me so frequently today?” I said.

The pain was gone after a while and I went out to the supermarket to get some light groceries. The ajummas in this neighbourhood are already familiar with me and they all help Kyuhyun take care of me because my silly husband would go round giving snacks to them to ask them to take care of me while he is away from home.

I was chatting with an ahjumma outside the park when I saw a familiar elderly lady walking past the park. It’s Kyuhyun’s mother. She looked like she was in a daze.

“Haeeun omma, I’ll talk to you again. I need to go now.” I bid goodbye to haeeun’s mother before rushing over to Kyuhyun’s mother to greet her.

“Omonim.” I called.

She froze for a moment and then turned around to look at me. “Ki..kim Ryeowook.” Her gaze turned to my bulge.

I smiled at her and said “Your grandson is in here, omonim. Baby bear ah, this is haemolnim.”

“Don’t call me Omonim. You stole my son away from me and made him leave the company in the lurch even if I asked him to return. I hate you.”

“He did not tell me that you wanted him to return, if I knew, I would have…” Just then, the pain in my tummy came back. “Ah…” I shouted and held my tummy.

“M…Mwo…” Omonim asked.

“Pain…” I said softly as I start to bend my knees due to the pain.

“Yah, Kim Ryeowook, what’s wrong??” She asked me worriedly.

I felt hot liquid flowing out of me below. “The… water bag burst!” Omonim said to me.

“What?”

She rushed to me to support me from the back. Immediately, she called her chauffer to drive the car over and help me into the car.

“Seoul hospital, hurry.” She said to the driver.

I was in great pain such that I could not have the strength to thank her. She grabbed my hands tight and comforted me.

“I know it’s painful but bear with it. Your baby will be out to meet you soon. Where is Kyuhyun?”

With all my strength, I said “Meet…client.” She rubbed my icy cold hands and said “That silly boy, why is he out when his husband need him most?” So… she recognise me as his husband already?

I was breaking out cold sweat, I start to feel weak.

“Yah, Kim Ryeowook, Kyuhyun isn’t here yet, don’t sleep! People say that children who were born naturally are smarter. You want your child to be smart like Kyu right? So you must be awake to push.” She encouraged me.

I forced myself not to sleep but the pain was too intense. Omonim sensed it and quickly said to me “Ryeowook ah, I watched you grow up, you are not one to give up so easily. You must wait for Kyuhyun.”

I nodded and grabbed Omonim’s hands to deal with the pain.

In a while, we arrived at the hospital and i was transported by the medics into the emergency room. Just then, i heard the doctor talking to omonim as they were pushing me.

“It is very dangerous for him to give birth. If only either the parent or child can survive, who should we save?”

Without hesitation, Omonim replied him firmly “Need you ask? Save this boy, of course!”

Before the operation room shut, i heard Kyuhyun’s voice calling for me.

“Wookie ah, wookie ah...”

I was too weak to look for him. My eyes slowly closed and I out.


 

“Wookie ah... You are finally awake.”

The first thing I saw when I opened my eyes was the face of my husband.

Weakly, i said “Kyu ah... How..is...”

“He is fine.”

“He?”

“Woori baby bear is a boy. He is healthily sleeping in the nursery. I’ll bring him to show you later. It’s been hard on you.” Kyuhyun kiss me on the lips as he brushed my hair softly.

“I’m glad that he is safe. Where is your mother?” I suddenly remembered.

Kyuhyun smiled and told me “She went home. But she waited with me until she heard that both you and our baby were safe before leaving. She cried and was so worried.”

“She is a very nice person, in fact.” I said to him.

“Of course, how else would she have such a great son like me?”

I giggled and hit kyu at the arm before going back to sleep.

“What a brag. I hope our son wouldn’t be like you in the future.”

 


 

 

5 Years later

Kyuhyun’s POV

“Mr Cho, Mr Kim is here.” My secretary said to me secretively at the door.

“Tell him that i’m not in and i won’t go back for dinner.” I said to her.

“Again? Mr Cho, you have been making me lie to your husband so often lately. Are your relationship with him okay?” She asked worriedly.

“Erm... You ask too much, Taehyun ah.” I did not answer her directly and continued with my work.

After Wookie gave birth to Ryeohyun, our baby bear, Omma became more receptive of Wookie. She came to see our child every weekend and slowly, she began to talk to Wookie. Now, they are comfortable with each other. I returned to the company after Ryeowook persuaded me to help the family business.

Thus, I am back as CEO and Omma finally decided that her little grandson is the most precious thing in the world. So, she retired.

The 4 of us are living happily together until lately... I started to avoid Ryeowook and he’s been pestering me to talk to him.

 

But...It’s all because....

 

“CHO KYUHYUN!” I got a shock of my life and jumped up from my seat.

“You lied to me! What is wrong with you? You have been deliberately hiding from me. Do you have a third party? You don’t love me anymore!” Ryeowook was at my office door glaring at me fiercely.

“Woo...Wookie ah, listen to me.”

I walked to my lover to grab him at the arm but he threw my hands away.

“Did you fall for someone else? Are you tired of me already? Did you...” Before he could finish his sentence, I crashed my lips against his and kissed him hard.

My long time lover struggled for a while but later relaxed to the kiss.

I released him from the waist to catch our breaths and I said “I didn’t want to show you now but I think you will kill me if i don’t tell you the truth. So let’s go.”

I held his hands and pulled him along with me into the lift.


 

“Yah, you jerk. Let me go...”

I released ryeowook’s hands as soon as we arrived at our destination. It’s the top level of the company building.

I held the door as i waited for Wookie to step out of the lift. He gave me a suspicious look before stepping out. He took a good look around the place.

“Daebak.... Kyu ah...” Ryeowook exclaimed.

Although construction was still going on, the top level was transformed from an office into the way how Wookie’s house looked like when we were young. His piano was at the corner, with red sofa set at the centre and a cozy corner where we used to hide from our parents to cuddle.

Tear were already at the corner of his eyes when he turned to me.

“We are 2 weeks early but still... happy anniversary, my dear.” I kissed him on the cheek.

Ryeowook wiped away the tears and hugged me tightly. “Saranghae, Kyuhyun ah. How can you be so romantic?”

“I would only be romantic for you. Thank you for giving me a perfect family. This area will be our little haven that is only for the 2 of us. I decorated to look like your old house because it was where our love started.”

“Kyuhyun ah...Loving you is the greatest thing that ever happened in my life.” Ryeowook was totally touched.

“I love you.” I said softly to him.

Ryeowook smiled and tiptoed to my height and gave me a deep kiss on the lips.

 

 

To think that I ever wanted him to leave me for good...

 

 

Kim Ryeowook, we will love like now for the rest of our lives...


Finally! Sorry for taking so long to update the last chapter! I hope that you enjoyed this!

I enjoyed this story too! Thank you for all the support and I promise to complete my other fanfic too before i go into long time hiatus.

Thank you!!!