Chapter 4

Please leave me for good

Kyuhyun’s POV

“Mr Kim!” The tour guide shouted and Ryeowook responded.

“Here!” He jumped out of the boat bubbly and stood in front of the group with a big smile on his face. I stood behind the group to observe him.

“Annyeohaseyo! I am Kim Ryeowook! I am the most…. Beautiful fisherman you can ever find in Korea.”

What a brag, I thought to myself. His audiences laughed.

Unknowingly, I was clenching my fist so tightly with anger. As I watch him speak to the crowd so cheerfully, I can’t help but think of how miserable I have been for the past 6 years. How could he still smile like nothing’s ever happened?

“The pile of fishes you see here are the silver fishes. The ones you use to cook in dishes! Now, I need a volunteer to help me with the net.” Ryeowook suggested.

Some of the employees raised their hands and coincidentally, he picked the man in front of me. When he stepped forward, I was exposed.

He saw me.

He was stunned and dropped the net he was holding. I was glaring at him with eyes of hatred.

“Kyuhyun ssi, I was looking for you...” Eunji linked my arms as soon as she found me. I saw that Ryeowook was surprised to see Eunji so close to me too.

I put my arms around her waist and kissed her cheek. I looked back at Ryeowook to see his reaction. He turned away as soon as our eyes met.

“Isn’t that… Kim Ryeowook?” Eunji asked. She finally realized why I was being so warm to her. She tried to push me away but I held her tight and whispered to her “If you dare defy me now, I will make sure that our marriage is called off.”

“You… are despicable.”

I smirked at her and continued staring at my ex-fiance.

Ryeowook’s POV

Why is he here? What to do? My heart is pumping so quickly now. Isn’t that Eunji from our class? Why is she so close to Kyu? What relationship are they having now?

1001 questions come across my mind.

“Wookie ah.”

“Oh, Yesung hyung.”

“Do you want me to take over? You look pale.”

“No, I’m fine.” I reassured him.

“No, you are not. Go, I’ll replace you.” Yesung pushed me lightly away from my position to the side. Maybe it’s good too, to avoid Kyu. He look like he still hates me. Isn’t this what I want? But it still hurts so badly.

I stood at the corner of the harbor to have a sip of water.

“What happen to all the fortune you got from my possessions?” The voice I missed for 6 years asked from behind me.

I turned around and saw a sly Kyu.

“I gambled them all away, happy?” I replied rudely.

He seems taken aback by my reply but managed to get himself back quickly.

“How thick skinned can you be?”

“How much does pride worth?” I asked him back. “If I can get the money I want, not just our love, I can even give up my soul.” I continued lying.

“Our love? I don’t remember us having love before.”

An arrow shot my heart at that moment. It really hurts.

“Oh… you meant our engagement years ago? You call that love? It’s just a business arrangement to me. And… you weren’t that good on bed, you know?” He said sarcastically.

Tears welled up in my eyes but I forced myself not to cry in front of him. He is still the childish Kyu I know. How would I not know how much he loves me? Pabo.

“Well, then all the better. Don’t you dare come interfere with my life!” I shoved him aside before running away to join Yesung.

 

I was told by the tour guide that this is a company holiday trip and they will be living in the village for the next 3 days. How am I going to face Kyu for the next 3 days?

I led the group to the guest inn and smiled. “This is where you will be living. I hope you enjoy your stay.” I bowed to my guests before retiring to my room. Before I left, Eunji called me.

“Yah! Kim Ryeowook!”

I turned around. “Eunji ah. Long time no see.”

“I want a change of room.”

“What?”

“I want to share the room with my Kyuhyunnie.”

“What?’

“Don’t you know? I’m his fiancée.”

“You…you are his…”

“FIANCEE! After you left, he fell for me so badly that he wanted me to get engaged. See the ring here? It’s our engagement ring. We got engaged 2 months after you left.” Eunji flaunted the diamond ring on her middle finger.

I was lost for words. 2 months and they got engaged? Maybe what Kyu said to me just now was right. He’s never truly loved me.

“A…a change of room?” I asked.

“Yes.”

“You will have to ask Kyu then. He should be the one deciding.”

“Kyu? How dare you call him Kyu?”

“I…”

“What’s wrong?” Kyu came from behind.

Eunji whined annoyingly while linking his arms, complaining about what happened.

“You want to sleep with me?”

Eunji nodded her head vigorously.

“You know the rules.” She nodded again. What rules? I thought.

Just then, Yesung came to my side to put an arm across my shoulders. “Are you feeling better?”

“Yes, Hyung.” I answered.

“Really?” He put his palm on my cheek to feel my temperature.

“Hi, I’m Cho Kyuhyun.” Kyu extended a hand to hyung before he could touch my forehead.

Reluctantly, hyung took his hand and shook it. “I’m Yesung.”

Kyu stepped forward such that he separated Yesung from me and I was pushed aside. Is he jealous? No right? Impossible. He hates me.

Just then, I realize Eunji was standing behind me.

“Do you know what were the rules Kyuhyun ssi was saying?”

I shook my head.

“To sleep with him, you must be and we must make love.”

My heart dropped to the ground, literally. Jealousy got the better of me.

Immediately, I grabbed Yesung hyung’s wrist and pulled him away from kyu.

“Yah, Wookie ah.” Yesung called as he was being dragged away by me.

Kyuhyun’s POV

Are they dating?

No, Cho Kyuhyun, you do not care about him anymore!


Thanks for reading!

Comments please!