Chapter 12

Please leave me for good

Kyuhyun’s POV

Ryeowook did not appear at work after that day and I know that I miss him terribly. My existence would only bring Ryeowook pain. If he said that the reason we slept together that night was because he only needed a partner, then I will respect him. What’s more? We have nothing to do with each other already given that I will be getting married in a few days.

 

I looked at Ryeowook’s desk and touched the edge of the table. Is this the end of our fate?

 

It’s the day to test our wedding outfit. I picked the most expensive tuxedo and was forced to stay to watch Eunji test her gown. She came out with a low V cut white embroidered dress and asked “How is it?”

 

“Why not go ?” I asked. The shop assistant was shocked by my unconcerned and rude attitude but I didn’t care.

 

Eunji returned to try another gown while I read the Korean tourist attraction magazine. A page caught my attention, it was about a festival held in Busan fishing village 1 month ago. I looked at the pictures and saw a familiar looking person in it.

 

It was a picture of a huge Tuna with Kim Ryeowook accidentally taken in the picture as well. So there he is, back at where he belonged.

 

Just then, Eunji came out of the changing room again. It’s another wedding gown which I could not see the difference from the previous one.

 

“Nice?” She asked. My mind is full of Kim Ryeowook now. I thought that I could let him go but after seeing his picture again, I really want to see him. I ignored Eunji’s calls and ran out of the shop with my Tuxedo to Busan.

I arrived at the village and ran round looking for him.

 

“Yesung!” I called the man at the pier. He was surprised to see me and smiled at me. I would expect him to be hostile towards me but smiling? I am surprised.

 

“Kyuhyun ssi! How are you? Thank you for letting Ryeowook come back to us.”

 

“Mwo?”

 

“He said you gave him a vacation.”

 

“Oh?.... Right! Where is he?”

 

“He has gone out to sea. He should be back any… There he is. Wookie ah!” Yesung waved at a petite boy a distance away from us.

 

But as soon as Ryeowook saw me, he ran away.

 

“Yah Kim Ryeowook! STOP!” I shouted as I chased the petite boy at full speed. As expected, he was bad at sports and I caught up with him very soon. I grabbed his wrist and turned him around to face me.

 

“Let go!” He struggled.

 

“You have been hiding here?”

 

“Let go!”

 

“I was like an idiot, missing someone like you crazily!” He paused. “Can’t you just tell me for once that you need me?” I continued.

 

“You don’t need me.” Ryeowook said softly.

 

I slowly moved my hands to his cheeks to caress them. “I need…” Before I could tell him that I desperately need him, Ryeowook’s eyes closed and fainted into my arms.

 

I panicked and shook him hard. “Yah! Kim Ryeowook! What’s wrong?” Immediately, I carried him on my back and ran to my car. I deposited him in the car and went to the driver’s seat. My hands were shaking as I tried to insert my car keys. I grabbed his hands while driving to the hospital and called his name on the way. Ryeowook never responded, he seemed to be in deep sleep.

 

I waited anxiously outside the ward as the doctors were checking.

 

“Where is Ryeowook?” Yesung came running towards me.

 

“He fainted.” Just then, the doctors came out and Yesung and I rushed to their side to ask for the results.

 

“He is pregnant. It’s really difficult for him to get pregnant after his first miscarriage. You better take good care of him.” The doctor told me with a light smile and left.

 

We ran into the ward and saw the weak Ryeowook sleeping with an oxygen mask over his face. I observed him for a moment before grabbing Yesung’s wrist.

 

“The doctor said he had a miscarriage. What was that about?”

 

Yesung hesitated and I grabbed his collar. “TELL ME!” I demanded.

 

“Ryeowook was pregnant when he left you 6 years ago. Because of the devastation and his health condition, he had a miscarriage that almost killed him too. His appa, on the way to the hospital, died in a car accident.” Yesung took a deep breath before continuing. “He’s always blamed himself for everything. For his dad’s death, his child’s death and for loving you. So, Cho Kyuhyun, I’m begging you, he’s suffered enough. Let him go.”

 

My hands were trembling when I heard how such terrible things happened to Ryeowook, he suffered the pain of losing our child, alone. And I, childishly thought that he was having an easy time.

 

Cho Kyuhyun, how dare you say that you love him? Don’t you know how much he’s love you?

 

Slowly, I made my way into the ward to see him breathing slowly. His eyes opened and I quickly grabbed his hands.

 

“Kyuhyun ah.” He called me softly.

 

I embraced him in my arms and said “I don’t care for what reason you left me. I won’t let you leave me again. I love you, Kim Ryeowook.”

 

He started to sob in my arms softly.

 

“Let go.” He said but I tightened my embrace around him. “I’m sorry, pabo, for hurting you. Don’t leave me again.” I pleaded.

 

Soon, he relaxed in my arms and hugged me back.

 

“I hate you.” He said weakly with his eyes closed.

 

“Yes. But what to do? I love you. I won’t let you go again.”

 

We kissed sweetly…


I'm so sorry that i did not update as many chapters this weekend as compared to last week, partly because i'm busy with my new fic and i'm still writing chapter 13. 

Thanks for reading!! Comments!!