The break up

Made in The USA

Chapter 1

 

 

 


Tiffany's POV

 

 

 

"WHAT? Leaving Korea and go to America? No way, Dad. no way." Tiffany looking at her parents with disbelief. "I have a life here, Dad."
“I know, honey. But don’t you wanna be a fashion designer?” Oho. My daddy knows me well. Bu there’s no hella way for me to go to America and live there. I have friends and boy friend here, I want to live my life here, in Korea, not in USA.
“Dad, Mom, it’s okay if you want to live there, but for me, I want to stay here. I’m gonna be fine here by myself, really.” I say pleading to my parents to not bring me to America.
“I don’t want you being alone in Korea, dear. It’s too risky for my baby girl staying here by herself.” My mom giving her best to persuade me.
“Give me a very honest reason why I should go to America with you, then. It makes no sense that you suddenly ask me to live there.” I dare my parents. I really don’t want leaving Korea.
“Okay if you want the truth, I’ll give you.” My daddy finally giving up “Since you were born, we already arranged a marriage for you and my best friend’s son.”
“WHAT? You arranged a marriage for me? Dad, you must be kidding me.” I do not believe my parents doing this to me. I have my own life, this is my life, I should be the one who choose the person I’ll marry.
“Going to America and do the marriage and I’ll grant your wish to become a fashion designer.” My daddy try giving me a choice.
“Honey, I know you won’t make our family embarrassed, right? It will be such a shame for our family if we cancel the marriage.” My mom add some statement, making me feel like I have a responsibility in this stupid agreement.
“And what if I don’t do it?” I asked my parents, wanting to hear what’s their answer. Will they kick me out of this family?
“Say good bye to your dream and to the position in company, and also you’ll probably make your appa and umma lose our best friend and embarrassed ourselves in our business, because you know what? We already have invited our business partner to come to your engagement party. And I let you know, I don’t take a no as an answer. Think about it Tiffany Hwang!” This the first time my daddy asking me to do something for him, obviously for the sake of our family also and the first time he doesn’t hearing my choice. Should I take it? Or not? But I don’t know who the hell is my future husband and I already have a boyfriend here. But why it has something to do with the position in the company?
“Darling, we have merged our company with the Choi’s, your soon to be family, so if we don’t do this marriage, we must be ready to say good bye to the company.” Just like reading my mind, my mom answers the question in my head. It would be the very selfish of me, if I do not take this marriage, it would giving very bad effect to our family too. Should I do this? Should I sacrifice my own happiness for the sake of my family? Deep down in my heart, it tells me to do this, but my ego say no. But if do not take it, I will never reach my dream to become a successful fashion designer. But I love Kris –my boyfriend. Aissshhhh!! This is so stressing me.
“Alright, when will the engagement party be held?” Finally I give up and take the path that have been chosen by my parents. I’m really sorry Kris, it’s not like I don’t love you, but I do this for the sake of my family and my dream, I don’t have any other choices.
“two weeks from now.” My father smilling and hug me “You really choose well Tiffany, the Choi’s son is really nice and reliable, you won’t regret for marrying him. Thank you for doing this.”
“Two weeks? Dad, isn’t that too fast? Can’t we postpone the engagement? I don’t even know who is my soon to be husband is.” I’m shocked by the fact I’ll be stranger’s fiancée.
“No, darling. This is only the engagement,  you’ll get to know him more after the engagement. Ah ya, I already take care about your transfer in your school. We’ll go to America next week, so be prepared, honey.” My daddy say and heading upstairs with my mom.
“I’m doomed”



 




Kris' POV



I see Tiffany entering my class and walking toward me. She suddenly grab my hand and pull me out of the class room.
“Whoa, slow down lady.” I say and Tiffany release my hand after we arrive in the backyard of the school.
“What’s the matter babe?” I cup her face asking her, trying to read her eyes. I know there’s something bother her from her body language.
“Kris, we.. I want to break up with you.” She say diverting her eyes from my eyes.
“Why? Did I do something wrong?” I ask, I don’t know what’s wrong with our relationship. It still fine until today. I don’t feel like doing something wrong or else.
“No, you don’t.” She turn her face not seeing me. “But we have to break up.”
I see her holding back her tears, not wanting me to see her cry. “But why babe?” I asked her calmly, eventhough I am burning inside. I don’t know girls, sometimes they sweet, sometimes they mad like crazy, sometimes mature, sometimes childish, and sometimes suprising, like this. But now isn’t surprise in good meaning thou.
“I’m moving to America to follow my dream being fashion designer.” She answer softly, now looking at my eyes. Hell no. I don’t believe she do this to me, she’s not a selfish type.
“But, we can do the long distance relationship, babe. Why must break up? You know I love you so much, right? I won’t betray us and cheat on you.” I plead her not to break up with me. She’s important in my life, I’m not sure I can live without her.
“No, Kris. I’m sorry we can’t do this. Our relationship won’t do. This is over for us. I’m sorry and thanks for everything I hope you understand.” See? This is not Tiffany I used to know, she’s even calling me Kris right from the first time she open to me today, not babe, or honey, or else.
“But, Fanny it’s not hurt trying, right? I understand that you want to catch your dream, and I’m happy for you that finally your father allow you to become a fashion designer. But please, don’t leave me.” Yes, her father didn’t allow her to become a fashion designer, and I really am happy now that finally her dad changes his mind, but this is not right, she’s leaving me like this.”
“I’m sorry Kris. I’m really sorry, but we can’t do this. It’ll hurt you if we continue our relationship. I’m really sorry Kris. Me too, I love you so much, but this won’t do. I’m really really sorry.” She says, bowing to me.
You know, I can’t force her since I love her so much, forcing her means I hurt her and when I hurt her, I hurt myself as well. “Alright, if you want to do this and if this is the best for you. But we’re friend, right?” I sigh in defeat.
“Of course, Kris, and remember that I love you.” She say the kiss my cheek. That might be the last kiss I get from her.
“I love you too, babe. And it will never change. When will you come back?” I say trying to smile for her.
“I don’t know if I will come back or not.” She say when the bell ring and we head back to our class. This does not feel right at all. I then suddenly hug her from behind and ask her to stay like this for some minutes before then I release her again and walk hand in hand with her. I wish she didn’t have to go, but the fact she does.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Author says

The first chapter finally up!! Thanks for subscribing and the comments eventhough it was only the forewords.. I'm touched :'')
please enjoy the story, and this story is originally comes from my mind, so if there's any similarity, there's only coincident, and please do not plagiarize. Thanks again to Demi Lovato for her song, really inspiring :)
Love love love you readers and subscribers.. MWAAAAHH :*:*