treat it as a gift, a present

Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luna walks in her cafe early in the morning like usual, unlocking the entrance, flicking the lights on, and walking around the room to pull the window blinds up. She gets to the last window when Daehyun walks in the door.

"Good Morning." He smiles at her and Luna smiles warmly back to him.

"Good Morning." She replies as she walks towards her office and Daehyun walking towards the employee locker room.

They pass each other as they cross the room, Daehyun never leaving Luna's eye contact and then they stop in the middle of the room, face to face. "It wasn't your fault that my mother and I fought. It wasn't a fight to begin with so don't worry about it. I wasn't worried about my argument with my mother; I was worried of my friend's love life at that time, so just to clear your head of guilt─it wasn't your fault." Luna tells him in one go.

"Why didn't you tell that then?" Daehyun asks in confusion, Luna should have told him about it so the misunderstanding would not have grown this much. "I was really worried."

"I think I like making you worry." Luna smiles, and then pats Daehyun left shoulder as she moves a step forward. Daehyun turns his head to her and Luna starts walking. Daehyun turns around to watch her walk towards her office with furrowed brows of surprise and confusion. "You were cute worrying at first but it kind of got annoying. I like you so I wanted to mess with you head I guess." Luna adds as he slightly turn her head to Daehyun, flashing him a playful smile before walking in her office. She closes the door behind her.

Daehyun smiles brightly and shakes his head, not taking note at the fact that Luna just told him she like him. Luna meant it another way and Daehyun interprets it in another way.

Luna was going to say like but that would give away too much. She decided to just say like and pretend that her feeling for him was just friendly. But looking back at the feeling Luna did felt towards Daehyun, it was not love. It was not as strong as her feeling towards Chen is. She thinks that maybe it was here trying to actually remove her not so innocent feelings for Chen that made her thought of her little crush on Daehyun was love. She still felt euphoric and bright inside whenever Chen is mentioned or around during those times she thought she have a thing for Daehyun. Looking back, Luna thinks she just needed an excuse to busy her head and her heart as Amber slowly comes back to their life. It was like High School when Chen and Amber started going out.

Luna busied herself with baking. At first it was to get away from the jealousy she was feeling but she ended up loving the art. She was still jealous but she learned to mask it with careful smiles and effort enthusiasm when Chen and Amber were within 20 feet radius.

Daehyun appeared before the Oh siblings came back. He is handsome, nice, and hardworking. Luna liked him, she admits; but she still loved Chen. She confused herself but it was a relief that she walked away from those hazy emotions. She thanks Hyosung for coming back into Daehyun's life. She thanks Amber for moving on, dating a great man like Minseok. She thanks Sehun for coming back to Sulli's life. She thanks Chen for having the same feeling towards her and her towards him. She thanks Chanyeol for keeping her secret. She thanks fate for everything even if it was painful.

High School was painful, but Chen committed waiting for Amber was hell. Luna encourages him at first but she got upset when years pasted and he remained unwavering. It seems silly now how the Chen only waited because he was committed to her, in love with her or not. Commitment is commitment and Chen wanted to commit. Nevermind, it was not silly; it is honorable. What's silly is the fact that Chen and Luna have been avoiding, burying, and hiding their feelings for each other half their life. It's silly that both did nothing, for years, to try, not even a little, to actually tell the other of their love. It's silly that everyone thinks they are meant for each other except the two of them. It's silly to think that Chen and Luna constantly denied the others thoughts about their relationship. And for what? For the sake of friendship?

The two of them told each other that they are soulmate, yet they never actually did anything. They're words were right but no action was taken place. They claimed each other's as soulmate, but never physically. It was all said not showe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter