Chapter 5!! :)

My Life is Like Cinderella..but...

I introduce them first to the office and entrance and Han Ji Soo, my best friend who’s been there for me for almost since 1st grade because we both went to the same school. She’s probably the only friend that’s been there for me forever and hasn’t ditched me…yet? She’s my right hand woman in view, in fact she’s the vice-president of the class and is also placed second in the top 10 in the whole city. So I’m glad she’s there. Ji Soo asks me if I needed any help and I told her that she could take Rian on the tour while I take Daehyun on a tour also. She said she it’s fine, but she said that it’d be better if we were just one big group.

            “Have you prepared for the showcase yet Kim Ye Eun?” Ji Soo asks me.

            “I decided that I couldn’t do the showcase since I’m judging, and I thought it might be unfair for everyone.” I responded back.

            “Really? You’re just going to let your sisters’ win this?”

            “Well I mean, if you think about it, they didn’t win the last showcase, and yet, you ended up winning.” I laughed.

            “That’s because I actually wanted the prize. But since this year’s present isn’t very good, whatever. What was it again?” Ji Soo says. “And you practiced so much with that dance.”         

            “It’s fine, I guess we’ll just have to wait next year.” I giggled.

            “Wait, I’m sorry, you were doing the showcase?” Jung Daehyun interrupts.

            “Oh! I totally forgot that you were here, sorry Rian! Jung Daehyun, yes I was thinking about doing the showcase, but I wanted to make it fair and just let it slide this year. Oh by the way, this is our vice-president of the class, Ji Soo Park. Ji Soo, this is Mrs. Jung’s son.”

            “Annyeonghaseyo. Nice to meet you! I’m Ji Soo.” Ji Soo gives herself an introduction.

            “Ye, Annyeonghaseyo. Nice to meet you too.” Daehyun says.

            “But, yea, I’m not going to bother with the showcase.” I say quietly to Ji Soo.

            “Why didn’t you bother with the showcase anymore? I mean-”

            “Just ‘cuz.” I interrupted.

            “But why?”

            “I guess that it wasn’t fit for me. I’m not a really good dancer.” I answered. “And again, I have one more year left to go. So I’ll probably try in next year.”

            “Um, what’s going on Ye Eun-ssi?” Rian asks.

            “Oh! Rian! Sorry again! Drop the ssi please, it’s fine. What we’re talking about is a showcase coming up, and I was going to do it, but I decided that this year’s probably not the best year.” I told Rian.

            “Ji Soo, the prize this year is that you can go to the amusement park with three other people.”

“I know, but still. It’s lame…oh and by the way, did you plan on what’s going to prom?”

“I thought the student committee of senior year was going to plan everything out for prom.”

            “Wait, we’re doing homecoming.”

            “Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that.”

            “You’re going right? RIGHT? AM I RIGHT? AM I GOING TO HAVE TO DRAG YOUR THIS YEAR AGAIN?” she yelled at me as quietly but fierce as she could.

            I recall last year, I told her I didn’t want to go because it was a waste of time. She ended up coming to my house, with my parents permission and without my knowledge of kidnapping, she captured me, tied me up in a chair, and then made me put on the dress she picked out for me. I laughed and thought about it. Would it be a waste to go this year. I have one more year in high school, would it be best to go from here and continue on? I told Ji Soo, that she could drag my all she wants, but I decided, I’ll go to homecoming when senior year comes.

            “You’re probably going to make your sisters look like a loser.” Ji Soo responded.

            “You think I would care about that. They’re my step-sisters.”

            I found one of the other student committee members and asked them to take Rian on a tour of the school and I told her I will see her at lunch if she wanted to come by and ask anymore questions or she just wanted to chat.

            “Now that it’s just me, shall we walk and talk?” Jung Daehyun responded to me.

            “Yes, we shall walk and talk.” I told Daehyun. “But aren’t you also judging this year with me and one other student from here and another from your school?”

            “Yes, I’m. We’ll keep an eye for your performance.”

            “Not funny, how many times do I have to keep reminding you, I’m not doing the showcase.”

            My phone rang and it was mom. I picked it up and she told me that I might need to ask a friend for a ride home today since she has to work overnight today since one of the biggest investors is going to be there. I told her it’s fine and wondered if she needed any help with them, but she told me to just spend some time with Ji Soo so that I could be kept company.

            “Ji Soo, would your mom mind if I hung with you today? My mom said that she has to work overnight today and wanted me to be with someone today.”

            “Maybe! I have to check with my mom first.”

            “It’s fine, if your busy, then your busy. We can’t do anything about that.”

            “See, I really hate that. When you make me feel bad about not being able to be with you today!”

            “Ji Soo, just chill. It’s perfectly fine, I can go to the dance room and practice. It’s perfectly fine!”

            “Are you sure you’ll be fine?”

            “I told you I will.”

            Homeroom ended, and I showed Daehyun the whole school with Ji Soo by my side. We had fun. Lunch came, and I think that it could’ve been the most strangest moment in my life. But who knew that Jung Daehyun would still be here. Ji Soo found me and told me to go eat lunch with her and Jung Daehyun. Who knew though that Daehyun could’ve been the eye of the girls. All the girls were passing our table and were just staring at him. In a way he’s good looking, he’s just not my type or style. But I do like the way he dresses.

            “So Ji Soo. You didn’t want to be in the competition because of what reason…”

            “No reason needed,” she responded quietly.

            “No…” She gave me the look and I ended up being all suspicious. “Yah! Don’t tell me. You’re not in a relationship with him, right?”

            “Umm…no?”

            “You sounded so unsure of what was happening. Tell me now. Are you really going out with him? After he cheated on you with your cousin? JI SOO! HE CHEATED ON YOU WITH YOUR COUSIN! YOUR COUSIN. AND YOU’RE STILL BACK WITH HIM? IS THERE SOMETHING GOING ON IN THAT HEAD AND BRAIN OF YOURS?”
            “STOP AND LET ME EXPLAIN KIM YE EUN! Aish, jeongmal. I found another guy. He’s coming to the showcase. I told him to come so that after, he could come meet you.”

            “I told you that I’m not going to do the showcase.”

            “Ye Eun! You are going to do the showcase. You already signed up and practiced a lot for the showcase. Your mom is coming also! Do you know how proud she’s going to be of her daughter?”

            “I agree with her Ye Eun. If you don’t do the showcase, you’re probably going to regret that. And I’m pretty sure that the president of the school doesn’t want to be known as the chicken of the school? Right? Chicken?”

            “I’m not a chicken. I just don’t want to do the showcase at the moment.”

            “Alright, well since our school is also in the showcase and we’re all coming here for the showcase, why don’t I do this? I’ll sing after the show as a present for you and the school to show our gratitude and thankfulness of working with us, you dance for us to show your gratitude and thankfulness of working with us.” Jung Daehyun said sincerely.

            “Well, that sounds nice. I can do that.” I responded back.

            “WAIT? YOU DON’T WANT TO DO THE SHOWCASE FOR COMPETITION BUT YOU WANNA DO IT FOR SHOWING OUR GRATITUDE.” Ji Soo says loudly that she thinks no one probably might be able to hear her when she ended up having everyone look at us.

            “I guess you could say that.”

            “WHY?”

            “If I don’t want it to be competitive, just show people what both presidents of the school could do. Why don’t you ask your mom first before anything happens Daehyun? Huh? That’d be better for us.”

            “Aren’t you and I preparing it?”

            “I guess, but still, let her know? Huh? Then I don’t need to be yelled at?”

            “Sure, I guess.”