Chapter Eight

eleven : eleven

“I’m sorry!”

 

“My favorite photoshoot is the one in Hawaii!”

 

“My cheek hurts...”

 

“Really? I thought that the Europe one was my fans’ favorite.”

 

“Why do I hang out with such idiots?”

 

All five men were seated in Kyungsoo’s fancy living room with its velvet cushions and priceless paintings hanging casually as if they weren’t worth millions at auctions. A servant silently brought in tea and cookies. No one dared reach for one despite their alluring aroma.

 

After Jongin punched Joonmyeon, did the stupidity of his actions finally sink in. He froze in his spot. He wasn’t even dating Kyungsoo. No more three seconds later, Joonmyeon winced in pain and exclaimed, “My face!”

 

He went into a mini panic attack when Chanyeol laughed at his bruising cheek. Joonmyeon groaned and blamed it all on Kyungsoo, who in return jabbed his side.

 

“Why do you attract such violent friends?” he groaned as he peeked at Baekhyun, wondering if he was as violent as the frozen man standing next to him.

 

“Hi, I’m Baekhyun. The dude who punched your face is Jongin. Don’t worry, I can hardly kill an ant,” he reassured. Joonmyeon sighed and introduced himself, much to Kyungsoo’s annoyance.

 

“Hello, I’m Joonmyeon. I’m Kyungsoo’s childhood friend. If you want any dirt on him, just ask me.”

 

Joonmyeon received another jabb from Kyungsoo. Baekhyun nodded, taking in the news. “I heard about your breakup,” he commented, remembering the notebook.

 

Joonmyeon’s face fell and Kyungsoo chuckled awkwardly. “Yeah our breakup, hehe. It was just a summer fling-right Joonmyeon?”

 

The latter gaped at his friend. He searched the wide eyes for answers. There was no clear answer but Joonmyeon knew he had to go along with this. This wasn’t the first time he had to fix Kyungsoo’s mess.

 

“Yep, just a fling,” he remarked, not sure on whether if he should comment further. Baekhyun grinned slowly as the news dawned on him. A fling ends before anything even starts.  It is nothing serious. The brunette gleamed at his conclusion. He can go with his Kaisoo plan after all.

 

 

“Well, believe it or not, a model has to take care of his skin, and being out in the sun isn’t exactly the best thing to do. Let’s go inside.”

 


Chanyeol covered his face with his hands, which wasn’t much coverage, and began his way inside the large mansion. Kyungsoo scoffed and followed. Joonmyeon caressed his cheek and moaned in pain as he made his way inside as well.

 

That only left Baekhyun and Jongin. The brunnete pinched his friend’s bum. Jongin snapped out of his trance. He yipped before turning to Baekhyun. His lips quivered and his cheeks blushed slightly. Baekhyun recognized this look anywhere. If Pre-K taught him anything, is that Jongin is about to burst into tears when his thick lips quiver and his cheeks redden.

 

“I just hit Kyungsoo’s ex?” he questioned, not sure what happened himself. Baekhyun laughed and nodded. Before catching up with the rest, he patted Jongin’s back. “Remember, eleven eleven.”

 

Jongin grew curious as he wondered what the hell Baekhyun meant by eleven eleven? He pouted as he dragged himself inside.

 

 

 

After everyone was seated in the velvet couches, everyone began conversing at once. Everyone tried to avoid talking about the incident that just occurred, so no one dared grab a cookie. That is, until an oblivious handsome foreign man with black hair walked in and picked up a cookie, as if the mood wasn’t strenuous.

 

 

“Sup, Giant. Sup, Suho. Sup, baby bro.”

 

The mentioned boys groaned. If it wasn’t the lovely Yixing, aka Lay. Their worst nightmare since the moment they were all born. Chanyeol’s cousin, Joonmyeon’s real ex boyfriend, and Kyungsoo’s older brother.

 

It was Kyungsoo who spoke up first about the uninvited guest. “I thought you were in China, studying.” He made an emphasis on the in part.

 

“Correction, was. As you can see, I’m here now.”

 

Chanyeol shuddered as Lay grabbed a cup of tea and calmly drank it. He immediately hugged himself, fearing that Lay might ‘accidentally’ drop the heat tea over him. He’s done it before. “Why are you here, h-hyung?” he managed to ask.

 

Baekhyun’s eyes widened at Chanyeol’s submission. The all mighty Chanyeol who could sell out Tokyo Dome in less than a minute just by hitting a drum, was shrinking in front of a (Baekhyun hated to admit it) handsome fellow who wore an extremely dumbfounded expression.

 

“Well, believe it or not, but I was actually enjoying my time in China. I have my own condo, car, friends, and no bossy parents, but due to a little brother of mine, I have been ordered to come back and help him.”

 

Joonmyeon, who was sending glares to his ex, finally spoke up. “That’s really nice of-”

 

“Or they freeze my bank account.”

 

Joonmyeon shut up and reminded himself that Lay was a vicious man who only cared about money and power. That was the reason they broke up.

 

“Anyway, I’m going to stay here for a few weeks, report that Kyungsoo is sane, and then hop off onto a plane to China. For now, I’m getting the room with the balcony.”

 

Chanyeol stood up and whined. “That’s my room!”

 

Lay smirked and patted his back. “Mine now, giant.” He grabbed a handful of cookies and just about as he was about to leave, he turned and winked at Joonmyeon. “Suho baby, you should put some ice on that cheek. We both don’t want that lovely face to go to ruins.”

 

Joonmyeon blushed and screamed as soon as Lay left the room. “My name is Joonmyeon not Suho!” Chanyeol pitifully patted his head and nodded, understanding the pain that he was feeling. “That’s my room...” he mumbled. Kyungsoo stood up and sulked with the both of them. “He finished the cookies...”

 

Their worst nightmare, aka Lay, was back.

 

Baekhyun was the first one to break the silence. “So, anyone want to order some pizza?”

 

Jongin, confused about the whole ordeal, shook his head. “Chicken!”

 

And Chanyeol, being the greedy bastard he was, decided “Why not order both?”











 

Although the first thirty minutes or so weren’t the best, soon Jongin found himself laughing at Chanyeol’s stories about Kyungsoo. All five boys were currently playing their own version of “Who has the most embarrassing story?” as they ate fried chicken, meat-lover’s pizza, and cookies (which Kyungsoo made a servant whip up). They were in Kyungsoo’s room, and to Jongin’s surprise, contained posters of idols and cars and not those expensive paintings he had seen everywhere downstairs.

 

His bed was slightly messy and his closet was disheveled. Just like a normal teenager. Expect most normal teenagers don’t have rooms filled with imported silk curtains, fur carpets, and an 72-inch HD plasma screen TV.

 

“Actually, I once dated Lay...” Suho admitted. It surprised no one that he won the most embarrassing story over Chanyeol’s kangaroo incident and Jongin’s library chaos.

 

Kyungsoo smiled as he watched his friend and cousin get along with Jongin just perfectly. They were currently discussing the newest episode of Attack on Titan. Despite not knowing the first thing about the show, it was nice to know that  his current crush got along well with his dearest loved ones.

 

As he watched Jongin cutely munch on a chunk of chicken, Kyungsoo couldn’t help but wonder if maybe, just maybe, Jongin is the cure to his illness.