Chapter Five

eleven : eleven

Three boys stood nervously as they reassured themselves that everything was okay. Well it was really just Kyungsoo and Jongin mumbling “Don’t worry,” in the the same monotone voice, while patting their worried friend’s back.

 

Baekhyun groaned and hit his head. His friends’ attitude wasn’t exactly helping. He leaned and shook his head for the nth time that day. A week has passed since they all took their final and it was time for the results to be posted. He looked up and pouted his lips at Jongin.

 

“J-Jongin, I need a hug,” he whispered while tugging on his polo. Jongin grimaced but hugged his best friend. He nuzzled his nose into Baekhyun’s shoulder, not noticing the shorter man’s breath hitch. He swayed Baekhyun in his arms and tightened his embrace. His hand were slightly pressing his hips.

 

Baekhyun felt his face flush. Jongin hugs were always very intimate, but that never stopped him from asking. He closed his eyes and enjoyed the sensation when they were stopped by a cough.

 

“No PDA during school.”

 

It was Ms. Park. She playfully glared at the duo who instantly separated. Baekhyun blushed and hid behind a calm Kyungsoo. Little did he know, the doe eyed male was currently imagining himself in Baekhyun’s place, being held tightly, if possible tighter, against Jongin’s warm body.

 

“That’s not what you said last week, Ms. Park,” came Jongin’s usual remark. The nurse rolled her eyes and ignored the tan boy. She fixed her attention to Kyungsoo and smiled.

“Kyungsoo I have something to speak to you about,” she stated in a firm tone, her face serious. Jongin shuddered. He rarely saw this side of the nurse, and he spent an awful lot of time bothering her. Something was up, and the fact that it involved the love of his life didn’t help.

 

“So they called huh?” Kyungsoo asked, frowning. His calm nature was replaced by an evil wrath which caused Baekhyun to step away. He was used to seeing Kyungsoo’s smile almost all the time.

 

Ms. Park nodded and began walking towards her office, with Kyungsoo following. Once they were out of sight, Baekhyun and Jongin glanced at each other.

 

“Is something wrong with Kyungsoo?” Baekhyun was the first to break the ice. Jongin shrugged and looked at his own feet, wondering the same thing.

 

“It’s not like has cancer or something right?” Baekhyun began to mutter all the worse case scenarios, which caused Jongin to chuckle. It was nice seeing Baekhyun freak out. It brought back many memories.

 

He grabbed his friend and playfully smacked him on the head, ignoring the cries. “Silly, Kyungsoo would’ve told us if was that serious. It’s probably nothing serious since he didn’t tell us.”

 

Baekhyun wanted to believe Jongin’s words, he really did, but how could he when Jongin looked like he was unsure himself?

 

“Oh it seems they posted the results!” Jongin suddenly exclaimed pointing to the white sheets that were plastered on the cafeteria’s walls. Everyone rushed to the papers and either, jumped in glee or sulked in agony. Not everyone got the results they wanted.

 

Jongin looked down and noticed that Baekhyun wasn’t even paying attention to him. He was currently looking down at his hand worriedly.

 

“Baek, the results,” he said to his best friend, waving his hands in front of his face. Baekhyun looked up abruptly and scanned the tan man’s face. “Yeah?” he asked curiously. The tan man grinned and chuckled. Without saying a word, he grabbed Baekhyun’s hand and led him to the posters.


“Where are you taking- Oh my god! The results!”





 

 




 

“Kyungsoo, sorry to say this but, how stupid can you be?!”

 

Kyungsoo winced as he felt the anger radiating of Ms. Park. Not wanting to give up so easily, he focused his attention on the multiple bottle of pills sitting on the stand next to him. He hated them so much.

 

“Your parents bought you the best medicine available and you refuse to take them?” Ms. Park asked furiously. She rarely raised her voice but Kyungsoo was an exception. When she received the sudden news from the Do residency, she was shocked. She would’ve never guessed that the baby faced boy in front of her was the heir to Do Industries. And the fact that his mind was extremely unstable never even crossed her mind. He seemed perfectly normal.

 

“They don’t do much,” he admitted. Ms. Park just gawked at him, which led him to continue.

 

“At first I liked to believe that maybe, just maybe, these thoughts would vanish if I consumed those nasty pills. So I took them, hoping for the best, but I realized something. No matter what I take, the devil makes its way back into my mind. As you probably heard from my personal doctor, it’s not evident due to my natural introvert personality. All those pills do is hinder the inevitable. Knowing what awaits me, I wish for it to come as soon as possible before I start holding onto false hope.”

 

Kyungsoo politely bowed before quietly exiting the office, but not before pulling a case from his pocket and showing it to Ms. Park. It was his antidepressants. He proudly gleamed and pointed to the bottle. “But don’t worry, I still take some type of medication. If I don’t take these, I’ll be disappointing someone dear to me,” he stated with a small smile.

 

Ms. Park sighed and sadly smiled. “You disappoint your parents by not taking these,” she counter-attacked while pointing to the array of medications. Kyungsoo scrunched up his nose and shook his head.

 

“They need to suffer.”

 

Before Ms. Park could question anything, Kyungsoo was gone. Who knew such a tiny man could harbor such strong emotions. But considering his unstable condition, it was inevitable. Ms. Park collapsed onto her chair before screaming in frustration. She caught a glimpse of the frame which housed a picture of Jongin smiling while munching on a piece of fried chicken.


Does Jongin know? she thought. She harbored the thought before dismissing it. “I just hope he doesn’t fall in love with him,” she whispered, not aware that Jongin had already dug his own grave.