Chapter Fifteen

eleven : eleven

Jongin awkwardly smiled as he signed into a log. He couldn’t but notice the names, the visitors, that have been here before him.

 

Park Chanyeol, Zhang Yixing, Byun Baekhyun, and Kim Joonmyeon, all written through poor penmanship. His own name has been rewritten many times, easily taking up handfuls of paper. Unlike the others, Jongin made sure to carefully print his name.

 

A petite woman in pink scrubs glanced and gave Jongin a grin. “He sure does have handsome visitors.” She grabbed the tab and quickly typed in the patient’s name, carefully spelling out every letter. “D-O K-Y-U-N-G-S-O-O.”

 

Jongin balanced the bouquet of roses in his hand on the counter and glanced at his watch, 11:02. There wasn’t much time.

 

“Go on, he is in the garden.”

 

Jongin thanked the heavens that he didn’t have to enter that room anymore. He bowed before running off into the other direction. The nurse shook her head and laughed. “Kids these days... They’re crazy about love.”


 

Jongin speed past many patients in white robes and nurses guiding screaming and crying people here and there. He searched for that familiar bob of black hair and big eyes.

 

“Kai!”

 

Jongin took a breath and took a look at the boy in front of him, healthy and alive.

 

“Yah, why are your eyes watering? Are you that happy to see me?” Kyungsoo joked, missing Jongin’s blush.

 

“Happy Birthday Kyungsoo!” Jongin announced before he could further embarrass himself even more. Kyungsoo blinked. His face of confusion transformed into a face full of euphoria.

 

Jongin gave him the bouquet of roses. Kyungsoo stared at them and smiled warmly. A wave of sadness soon came over him.

 

“It’s been nearly 7 months...”

 

Jongin nodded, eyes closed, as he recalled the memory of a soulless Kyungsoo. He shuddered. He never wanted to see that again.

 

“They’re never letting me out are they?” Kyungsoo asked, face dark.

Jongin didn’t want to lie. He hated lying. He had no other choice but to state the truth. “No.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed and sat back down on the bench. He calmly placed the roses beside him, allowing Jongin to sit on the other side.

 

“I hate it in here.”

“I know you do. I can barely stand being here for hours.”

 

“Then why do you come?”

 

Jongin gulped. Was it time? Time to finally tell Kyungsoo his feelings. There is nothing to lose, right?

 

“I... I like you.”

 

Kyungsoo didn’t budge. He simply continued to stare at the roses. They were so red, almost like blood. In an instant, a flash of a cliff with Chen’s body caused him to flinch.

 

Jongin sensed his movement and bit his lip. He was about to begin to regret confessing when he felt Kyungsoo’s hand on his shoulder. He met eyes with him and was surprised to find tears streaming down.

 

“Before I could return the feelings, there is something I must tell you.”

 

Jongin, frozen with fear, simply nodded. He felt the same? Is this really happening? As he placed his hands on his head, he caught a glimpse of his watch. It read 11:11.

 

Kyungsoo placed his hands on his thighs and took a deep breath.

 

“I was once in love...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Next chapter will be the final*