Chapter Three

eleven : eleven

“Great! So what were those antidepressants for?”

 

Jongin blinked at Kyungsoo as he waited for an answer. He was always the straightforward type, he always did things according to himself. Right now, he simply wanted to know why Kyungsoo was carrying around a bottle of antidepressants. It was uncommon for someone this young to be prescribed that type of drug.

 

“They belong to my father, I must’ve taken them by accident,” Kyungsoo replied without missing a beat. He offered a small smile, trying to reassure Jongin.

 

“Which means you got the wrong bottle of pills...” Jongin mused softly, scratching his head. Kyungsoo gulped and stated, “Y-yeah. My vitamin bottle is the same color.”

 

“Oh, that makes sense!  I was worried there for a moment.”

 

“Oh...”

 

Jongin sheepishly grinned as he leaned forward and whispered in Kyungsoo’s ear. “I used to take antidepressants as well.”

 

With that, Jongin returned to his seat and kept his grin. Kyungsoo blinked in disbelief. Before he could question anything, Ms. Park returned with a bowl of soup and sides. She eyed both boys and set down the bowl on the counter, directly next to Kyungsoo’s bed. She noticed Kyungsoo’s wide eyes and sighed.

 

“Kim Jongin, what did you do this time?”









 

2 Weeks Later







 

“Let’s eat pizza after school!”

 

 

 

“Why can’t we get fried chicken?”

 

“We had that yesterday!”

 

“We’ll have pizza tomorrow, I promise!”

 

“Jongin-ah!”

 

“Please Baekhyun!”

 

“...”

 

“Fine, let’s ask Kyungsoo what he wants!”

 

“That sounds fair! So Kyungsoo, nasty deep fried chicken or scrumptious pizza?”

 

Kyungsoo smiled at his newly acquainted friends: Jongin and Baekhyun. They were interesting people. Unlike most of the student body, they rarely asked questions about his life in Seoul Academy. They had only asked one question: “Is the food good there?”

 

To which the answer was, “Seoul Academy is not that special.”

 

Over the past two weeks, Jongin and Kyungsoo have become close friends. Baekhyun was nice and all, but he felt a strong hatred emit from him when he would hug Jongin. He was still a great person nevertheless.

 

“I’m sorry Kai, I’m with Baek on this one.”

 

Baekhyun jumped and fist pumped into the air. Jongin pouted and glared at both boys. He was really craving fried chicken. Plus he found it cute when Kyungsoo would bite the chicken softly then smile when he heard the crunch. He found the sight breathtaking. That was probably the main reason.

 

“I’m sorry Kai.”

 

Jongin chuckled, he looked up and stared into the most beautiful eyes he had ever seen. ‘There is no need to apologize, I’ll forgive you anyway’ he thought.

 

“We’re eating fried chicken tomorrow whether you like it or not!” he whined. Kyungsoo and Baekhyun glanced at each other then broke out into a fit of giggles, which left Jongin pouting. Kyungsoo wiped away a few tears and chuckled.

 

“You’re exactly like a baby, Kai.”

 

Baekhyun agreed and ruffled his best friend’s hair. He leaned in and pinched his cheek while mimicking baby sounds, which made Kyungsoo laugh once again. Baekhyun had this comedic aura which never failed to make Kyungsoo crack up.

 

Jongin wasn’t sure what to do: laugh with his stupid friends, hit Baekhyun back, or admire Kyungsoo’s vibrant laugh and beautiful face. He didn’t want to seem like an abusive friend nor a creep, so he settled for his first choice. A deep chuckle escaped his throat as he clapped his hands like a seal, which resulted in more laughter from his friends.

 

The professor gave them a warning, which they ignored.  After the third warning, all three boys were given detention slips. They didn’t have pizza that afternoon. Instead, it was spent in a dusty classroom where Kyungsoo and Baekhyun sang their hearts out while Jongin danced, not minding his sweaty appearance.


It was a perfect afternoon, if they were to describe it themselves.