Chapter One

eleven : eleven

Do Kyungsoo. Even his name sounded beautiful as it made its way towards Jongin. The tanned boy lifted one eye open and stared at his new classmate who was currently introducing himself.

 

“Hello, I am Do Kyungsoo. I transferred here from Seoul Academy due to personal reasons. I hope we all get along.”

 

Seoul Academy? That was only the best high school in Korea. Jongin opened both eyes at the news. He wasn’t the only one surprised however. Everyone in the classroom began whispering among themselves. It was a no brainer to everyone that the new guy was either filthy rich, or a genius. Maybe even both. Seoul Academy was the school everyone could only dream of attending. Less than 1% of applicants are accepted, after all.

 

The fact that the student standing in front of one once wore the legendary red polo accompanied with the signature gray pullover with the school’s emblem sewed carefully, was too much to handle for some kids. Their uniforms were custom made and imported from abroad.

 

Instead of the expensive material, cotton now covered most of Kyungsoo’s body as he spotted the dress code of North Seoul High. It was a white polo adorned along with a lime green tie, and khaki slacks. It fit loose on his small stature.

 

“Thanks for your introduction, Mr. Do. Please take a seat.”

 

Jongin eyed the boy cautiously as he watched him take cautious steps towards the first seat available. As he watched him set down his bag, Jongin realized he didn’t like their distance. He leaned forward and nudged his friend. A pair of eyes lined with eyeliner met his. ‘Do something,’ he mouthed.

 

Baekhyun understood the message and abruptly stood up. “Mr. Kim, no need to rude, but Wonsik sits there,” he muttered pointing to the desk that Kyungsoo was about to sit in. The teacher looked at his roster and sighed. He motioned to Baekhyun to sit down.

 

“I’m sorry, Mr. Do. I forgot some of our students went out for their club activities, would you please sit in the last row?”

 

Kyungsoo nodded hesitantly and wobbled slowly to the last row, which Jongin happened to be in. He glanced at Jongin and set his bag down. “Please tell me this seat is available?”

 

Jongin’s eye twitched as he took in the new student’s innocent aura. His skin was pale without any imperfections, lips shaped in a heart with a pink tint, and the clearest eyes he has ever seen. They were big and pure, yet clouded with secrets. Jongin didn’t realize he was checking him out till’ he heard a familiar cough.

 

“Dude, just sit there,” Baekhyun commented to Kyungsoo as he gawked at Jongin. Kyungsoo bit his lip as he took his seat, right beside Jongin. He quickly thanked Baekhyun before pulling out a notebook and 2 pencils. He paid his full attention to Mr. Kim, fully aware that his new neighbor was still staring intensely at him. He trembled in his seat hoping the starring would stop. Much to his disappointment, the dark orbs wouldn’t stop.

 

“I have anxiety,” Kyungsoo whispered. It wasn’t a lie. Kyungsoo could feel his heartbeat quickening with every seconds. He rubbed his sweaty palms onto his slacks. Jongin tensed and finally pulled himself out of his trance. He awkwardly apologized before listening to his teacher, who was explaining the criteria for next week’s tests.

 

Kyungsoo sighed in relief when he felt the lack of Jongin’s eyes on him. He leaned forward and straightened his back. He was aware of the mysteries surrounding him in this new environment. How can someone from Seoul Academy transfer? Although widely recognized for its top performance, North Seoul High was no Seoul Academy.

 

Kyungsoo bitterly smiled. It was a lie if he didn’t miss his old friends and classmates. He was also fond of the uniform that fit him perfectly, but sadly, he had to settle for less. That included the school who didn’t carry an small in males, and weird classmates. His hand twitched involuntarily as he switched his attention to his new teacher.

 

With his peripheral vision, Jongin noticed that Kyungsoo’s hand was still twitching. Jongin chuckled to himself. ‘He sure does have a bad case of anxiety,’ he thought.


If only he had looked deeper into it.