chapter 1

Last Wish

CHAPTER ONE

 

Jessica just graduated from high school and entered in a community service program in Seoul Medical Center, taking care of kids with terminal diseases. There she meets yoona a 18 years old girl that works with her in the same area, they become friends almost instantly because they had a lot in common. It's been 5 months now since they started working in the hospital, they are both really close to the kids now and they love the girls to.

At first every time Tiffany went to visit jessi on her breaks from work, felt uncomfortable and jealous for the way yoona touch and talk to jessica, but latter on jessica convince her that yoona was only a friend and a co-worker nothing else, so she kind of let it go, but couldn´t help to think that she was interested in her gilr. she wasn't wrong yoona fell for jessica in the moment they met and takes every chance she gets to try catch jessica's attention but always fails to do so because jessica only have eyes for tiffany. 

It was already 2:00 pm that meant lunch break for the girls, they went to the hospital cafeteria and bought some food, yoona was happy that tiffany didn't appear yet she couldn't help but feel angry every time she saw them together.

 " so sica are you feeling ok now?" yoona asked with clear concern in her voice "well yeah i think it was the kids medicine that make me felt dizzy the other day " jessica said with a smile in her face yoona also smiled and they continued to eat. Does yoona know about me? no that is impossible, how can she? i need to talk to yuri just in case Jessica thought as her eyes stayed on the girl.

 " so are you done? we have a lot´s of work to do" yoona said with her eyes set on the older’s plate "yeah i'm done, lets go" sica said. when they were living the cafeteria yoona saw tiffany looking for sica so she said to her so she took the chance to distract her or at least attempt to do so " sica what if we go for the medicine now?" trying to get sica to the opposite direction so tiffany wouldn't see her.

 " well the nurses always bring it to us yoong, why do you wanna go for it now?" sica asked tilting her head staring at the taller girl "well you know today it has been a really busy day and i thought we could help them a little, but if you don't want to is okay too " Yoona said shrugging her shoulders lightly in dismissal.

" oh you're right let's go they are tired to" said sica with a smile and started walking towards the elevator to the basement to get the medicine, yoona let out a victory smile and followed sica to the elevator knowing that now she wouldn't see tiffany. while the girls were in the basement tiffany look for sica for almost 20 min, her lunch break was over so she had to go back to work, but before she found yuri, a nurse of the hospital friend of hers and jessica´s.

 " hi yul" Tiffany said with a bit of disappointment in her voice " hi tiff isn´t you lunch break over by now?" yuri asked in confusion as the girl was still around the hospital." mmm yeah it is, im going now but could you tell sica that i came a little later than usual but came anyway, would you?" said tiffany with puppy eyes. " ok i will no need for the puppy to came out " yuri laughed a little shaking her head yet agreeing to deliver the message."thanks see you latter" Tiffany said before exiting the hospital.

 "ok yoong i think this is all we need let's go now" sica said carrying the needed medicine and instruments to do the job " ok let's go " answered yoona hoping tiffany was already gone by now. they went into the elevator to the 3rd floor of the hospital to the pediatric area.

" i want yoona noona yoona noona yoona noona " a kid kept screaming needing his favorite nurse to be there for him. " come on yoong duty calls " sica smiled and said as she heard the desperate calls from the little boy , yoona entered the room and a 11 year old kid cling to her leg as if his life depended on it. " noona i don't want them to put those things in me anymore it hurts" said the kid about to cry as he sees the needles and the medicine being prepared.

 " it's ok taecyeon, noona will be right here with you okay?" Yoona said reassuring the boy with soft on his cheek "ok noona but promise you won´t leave me alone never ever?" The small kid begged to the girl with glossy eyes " i promise" yoona said showing a big smile to taecyeon making his hop in the bed keeping a tight grip on her hand.

After two hours of treatment taecyeon felt exhausted so yoona caressed his back and tucked him in bed keeping him company until he fell asleep. Sica was watching from the hallway thinking Yoong was a really special girl with a great heart. Yoona came out and sit on sica´s side, then she noticed the warm look sica was giving to her "is something wrong? " the younger gi asks in curiosity " nop" sica said shortly before staring at the girl " yoong can i ask you something? "

 " sure " yoona said lifting her head from the older’s shoulder " why do you treat taecyeon with more love and care than the other kids?" Jessica’s question made Yoona look down before speaking lowly " well is just that he remind me of my oppa he died 5 years ago he also had leukemia, i think that is why i treat him different i do for him what i wasn't able to do for my oppa" her voice cracked slightly as she remembered all the moments she was unable to ease his pain or assure him he would be okay.

" is for him that you join the program?" Jessica asked again letting her hand place on top of yoona’s " yeah i guess so" yoona shortly replied as talking about her brother was still an open wound.

Before they knew it was already 8:00 pm marking the end of the shift. " well i guess that´s it for today see you tomorrow yoong" a smiling sica said waving at the younger girl watching her leave the hospital " yeah see you tomorrow sica" yonna waved back a good bye before walking home.

Sica was about to leave when she notices yuri and remembers she had a few things to ask her " hey yul can i talk to you for a minute?" sica asks as she walks closer to her with a tired semblance " sure let's go to the rest zone" yuri agreed without thinking much although Jessica’s look worried her slightly